Honda ATV Forum

Honda ATV Forum (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/)
-   Honda ATV Polls (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/honda-atv-polls/)
-   -   Most reliable four wheeler. (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/honda-atv-polls/38533-most-reliable-four-wheeler.html)

Brandan 01-10-2014 09:14 AM

Most reliable four wheeler.

I have a 2002 Honda Rancher 350 ES and that thing is unbelievable. Its got around 8,000 miles on it. I use it for mainly plowing and mud bogging. I don't ride it lightly. But just currently There was an oil leak I didn't know of and the engine is toast. I am rebuilding it in the spring. I had to replace the whole differential a few years back because the bolts had sheared through the casing. Other than that, I love it and I would get another one any day.

mrbb 01-10-2014 11:14 AM

the most reliable ATV, is a loaded question
and no real answer to it
as it all comes down if you ask em, to how its taken care of, and ridden
Honda's are known to be long lived
and have the rep for it
but if you abuse any ATv they will fail , and a part failure is and can happen at any time on any make atv too

but a motor going bad due to low oil, is a riders fail, not the atv, oil should be checked before every ride(I know it doesn't happen lol)
but it should, so not doing so come's in at owner's fault and not atv's
no motor of any brand will last long without oil LOL

Hondaman11 01-10-2014 02:16 PM

^agreed..... But Honda seems to be the most reliable

Grath 01-10-2014 04:43 PM

My friend has an old 185s three wheeler and we beat the he** out of that thing. The oil was kind sludgy when we last changed it. Ran it without the muffler on it for a while without rejetting or anyhing, it still lives.

kentco 01-10-2014 06:04 PM

While Honda seems to be the most reliable brand of atv[s], the most reliable model is most likely the one which is cared for, and well-maintained.

jdp 01-10-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentco (Post 349357)
While Honda seems to be the most reliable brand of atv[s], the most reliable model is most likely the one which is cared for, and well-maintained.

My 300 is a shining example of this. I havent run it since grandpa passed Dec 26th, and started it up first time since then and it ran like a top.

Larryw 01-10-2014 06:56 PM

Mine are the most reliable they get treated better than most wives do!!:icon_ banana::icon_ nana:

Deeperinthabush 01-10-2014 07:04 PM

Most Honda drivetrains,and engines are overbuilt while the engine is de tuned,or built for lower horsepower numbers which along with the stout drivetrain makes for a very long lived,simple to work on,very reliable machine,and the 3fitties are right up there with the legendary 300s,350Ds seeing as it is basically a revamped,newer version of them built with Honda reliability built in...Kinda like the older Toyotas which were built to really tight tolerances,over built ,but with anemic power levels which turned them into million mile machines..The Japanese knew/know what they were/are doing...If you take care of it even while abusing it it will still perform,and keep on ticking long after some other brands would have broken,or worn out...

Grath 01-10-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeperinthabush (Post 349383)
Most Honda drivetrains,and engines are overbuilt while the engine is de tuned,or built for lower horsepower numbers which along with the stout drivetrain makes for a very long lived,simple to work on,very reliable machine,and the 3fitties are right up there with the legendary 300s,350Ds seeing as it is basically a revamped,newer version of them built with Honda reliability built in...Kinda like the older Toyotas which were built to really tight tolerances,over built ,but with anemic power levels which turned them into million mile machines..The Japanese knew/know what they were/are doing...If you take care of it even while abusing it it will still perform,and keep on ticking long after some other brands would have broken,or worn out...

The 04-05 trx450r engine is the most gimped out motor ever. lol

For example, the whole engine is obviously derived from the crf450r which makes over 50 hp stock. Smaller valves, horrible exhaust, bad porting, REALLY low compression when compared to other sport quads, a way smaller cam, and different timing all make the engine produce up to 20 hp less. Thank you EPA

jakep53 01-11-2014 12:30 AM

I must reliable atv in my mind is the 300 I know the newer quads with smooth suspension more get up and go automatic trans is all really nice but i'll take a 300 any day of the week