What hobbies do you enjoy other than atving? - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
Honda ATV Polls This section contains site related polls or polls related to Honda ATVs. Only administrators may start topics in this section.

View Poll Results: Favourite hobbie than atving
Hunting/fishing 127 63.50%
Snowmobiling 22 11.00%
Camping 85 42.50%
Sports/exercise, state what sport 30 15.00%
Cycling 21 10.50%
Horseback riding 12 6.00%
Hanging out with friends 53 26.50%
Family time 62 31.00%
Working/or restoring cars 56 28.00%
Travelling 26 13.00%
Cooking/eatting out 28 14.00%
relaxing 36 18.00%
Reading 17 8.50%
Writing/doing artwork 4 2.00%
Woodworking/home improvement 46 23.00%
Gardening 28 14.00%
watching TV/Playing video games 42 21.00%
Collecting (coins, stamps, etc.) 7 3.50%
Drinking the night away 39 19.50%
Other (comment and specify) 55 27.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 AM

Liked: 35 times
Well Honda1997. Where in my post did I tell people what they had to call hockey, I was just commenting on the fact that most americans call it ice hockey and not hockey, where here in Canada, where by the way hockey was invented and where I play it and have my whole life. My comment was more to do with the NHL's potential lockout that in part is caused by fledgling southern American teams that have syphoned money from the other teams to stay alive, and the majority of people that live in those locals have no interest in hockey whatsoever, easily determined by the amount of fans that don't show up to games. So bro!, seeing as your from texas, home of the Dallas Stars that are one of the aformentioned teams, you should realize that nowhere in my post do I "hate on" people, yet in your brilliant post you tell me to "shut-up" twice,"grow a sac", "and stop talking shit". If you have the comprehension level high enough, re-read what I said and realize there was no hate involved. If you are refering to my post to Habs fan, then you must not know enough about "ice hockey" to realize that the Bruins and the Canadians are one of the most storied rivalries in the game, and slamming each others teams is what hockey fans do. When and if you realize your mistake, I will happily read your apology, bro, but something tells me you don't have the "sac" to give me one.

2011 500 Rubicon
K&N filter
K&N pre filter
SS212 rims
26" ZILLAS
2500lb WARN winch (synthetic rope)
Wes210-01 Quad Box
Kimpex Fender protectors
w/Footrests
Moose-Hand and Thumb warmers
2 inch Highlifter lift
Dyno Jet kit (best upgrade yet)
Kimpex Click'n'Go 60" plow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 12:21 PM

Liked: 4 times
[QUOTE=SHMINGLEY;249405]Well Honda1997. Where in my post did I tell people what they had to call hockey, I was just commenting on the fact that most americans call it ice hockey and not hockey [QUOTE]

Well hate to burst your bubble, but from around here in America, most people do in fact just say hockey.

97 300 4x4 Desert Tan - 54%, ebc clutches, oil cooler, br cam and timing chain, yoshimura exhaust, uni, 3" lift, 4" body, led light pods, snorkeled, disc brakes, 28" wide laws, hl rims, rear brake delete, removable paddle, arched lower a-arms, 1.5" rear spacers
96 300 2x4 Green - br rear end, rear basket rack, flush mount LED's, 2500# warn
91 300 4x4 Red - Next Project
91 300 4x4 Red - br rear end, 25" Vamps
85 big red 250 - another project
post #23 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 12:57 PM

Liked: 35 times
My bubble is not burst, two americans on the first page called it ice hockey, the majority of reporters on american sportscasts call it ice hockey, the majority of american fans i have heard interviewed call it ice hockey, and that has always been the stereotype of americans on this side of the border. So how does one guy from one state, that has no hockey being played at the NHL level, determine that my bubble burst simply because from your neck of the woods people call it ice hockey. I will state again, my post was in gest, just like if us canadians on here started discussing ``field baseball``, i am sure you would be on here wondering why I had to add the field part. Me thinks you guys are being overly sensistive, and you should consider the fact that. Again, if you read my post, and have a grade 3 reading level you should be able to decipher that I was in no way being insulting, just making a personal observation, and yet here is another ignoramous telling me that I am out of line, grow up, and learn to understand sentence structure! Still waiting for that apology Honda1997!

2011 500 Rubicon
K&N filter
K&N pre filter
SS212 rims
26" ZILLAS
2500lb WARN winch (synthetic rope)
Wes210-01 Quad Box
Kimpex Fender protectors
w/Footrests
Moose-Hand and Thumb warmers
2 inch Highlifter lift
Dyno Jet kit (best upgrade yet)
Kimpex Click'n'Go 60" plow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 02:30 PM

Liked: 4 times
When the american fans and sports reporters call it "ice hockey" they are most likely talking about the NHL or some other group playing hockey on the ice. Same with the two guys on the first page. They probably play hockey on the ice. Hockey can be played other places than on the ice. There is also street hockey played here in America, so I'm sure these guys are just trying to state which version of the game they play ("street Hockey" or "ice Hockey").

97 300 4x4 Desert Tan - 54%, ebc clutches, oil cooler, br cam and timing chain, yoshimura exhaust, uni, 3" lift, 4" body, led light pods, snorkeled, disc brakes, 28" wide laws, hl rims, rear brake delete, removable paddle, arched lower a-arms, 1.5" rear spacers
96 300 2x4 Green - br rear end, rear basket rack, flush mount LED's, 2500# warn
91 300 4x4 Red - Next Project
91 300 4x4 Red - br rear end, 25" Vamps
85 big red 250 - another project
post #25 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 03:41 PM

well did anyone ever think of they call it ice hockey being that there are several other types of hocky like floor hockey, field hockey, and roller hockey so lets stop acting like a bunch of little girls and use our head shall we.

09 Honda recon 250es dunlop tires, gun racks
09 Honda Foreman 500es kenda executioners
2013 honda rincon 680 kfi winch
2004 400ex white bros exhaust dg bumper race cut plastics ac nerf bars k and n filter houser a arms
post #26 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMINGLEY View Post
I just realized that HABS Fan said "ice hockey" as well, but then I saw your avatar and decided that you must not know much about hockey, considering you cheer for Montreal,lol.
lol, I could say the same about you and the Bruins! They did a great job defending the cup this year It must be killing you and all the Bruins fans to have a Subban on their team.

Living so close to Boston everyone gives me a hard time about being a Montreal fan so I'm used to it, especially walking around Boston with a Habs shirt/hat.

It doesn't seem like they will be starting the season in October though which really sucks. I really hope they work things out soon so they have at least 1/2 season. I'll really miss it this year if there is another full season lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelboy22jd View Post
When the american fans and sports reporters call it "ice hockey" they are most likely talking about the NHL or some other group playing hockey on the ice. Same with the two guys on the first page. They probably play hockey on the ice. Hockey can be played other places than on the ice. There is also street hockey played here in America, so I'm sure these guys are just trying to state which version of the game they play ("street Hockey" or "ice Hockey").
You are correct. Usually when I mention that I play, I always add "Ice" in front of it to distinguish between the popular Roller (or street/floor) hockey around here when mentioning it to someone for the first time.
post #27 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 05:22 PM

Liked: 65 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda1997 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMINGLEY View Post
I love it when americans call hockey " ice hockey". Gary Bettman should read this post and realize that his push into american markets is futile if after all these years when americans hear hockey, the version played on ice wouldn't be the first that comes to mind.
bro why dont u shut up and quit hating on others and dont tell ppl what to call a sport by unless ur the top player in that league in which ud deserve to say what the f its called but i doubt u even play hockey so just keep ur mouth shut, and grow a sack and quit talking shit online.
Says the Kid from Texas.

Everybody just relax, he was pointing out the fact that here in Canada we play hockey on Ice and that it seems funny to us up here when people call hockey Ice hockey because we basically only play ice hockey.

-2007 King Quad 450 (Work Horse)
-1984 Honda TRX200 (Donor)
-1989 Skidoo Mach 1 (Play Toy/Winter Headache)
-1966 Series IIA Land Rover (Major Project)
post #28 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 PM

Liked: 3 times
Who cares what it is called. Americans say soccer and the spainish say futbol but nobody argues over that. It doesn't really matter, they are one and the same.
post #29 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 07:08 PM

Liked: 1 times
YOU KNOW WHAT?! HOCKEY SUCKS!!! now you guys can hold hands and go after me! lol!!
MattPDX likes this.

86 310R my whip
06 250EX DAUGHTERS WIP
FASST/LEATT/GBC motorsports/Dynamic Graphics/ alba/blingstar/motionpro/rolldesign/HRE
http://www.hookit.com/members/sykokatie/

FB group- UNSTOPABLE MOTORSPORTS
FB page- SYKO KATIE

post #30 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Liked: 3 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYKO View Post
YOU KNOW WHAT?! HOCKEY SUCKS!!! now you guys can hold hands and go after me! lol!!
I agree haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Forums > Honda ATV Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode