Honda ATV Forum banner

New Section - Honda Builds, Projects & DIY

9K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  shadetree 
#1 ·
We now have a forum section dedicated to all those Honda ATV builds, projects and Do-It-Yourself modifications!

So post up a thread showing your ATV going from mild to wild :icon_ rocker:

#7 ·
Sweet section ill be posting some how tos up here soon. Got a laundry list to do on the bike.

#8 ·
I'm hoping to post in the new section this winter :)

#9 ·
seeing how i have been doing more honda motor cycles lately..can they be here also ??. i'm all outta atv's for awhile..lol...my latest project was my 1985 v30 magna..it's been done awhile now though..i guess i'll have to find me a winter project..damnit !!!!!..lol.

#11 ·
Here's my TRX250R from the before thru the build and to the end. A few things have been added since the last picture. This project was by far the funnest one yet. I finally got er' done!

Attachments

#12 ·
That thing is sweet man. I want to trade my 85 250R trike for the 4 wheeled version sometime here in the future. The trike is fun and all but you have to have a screw loose in your head to ride it at its limit on anything other than smooth ground!

Rob

#13 ·
Thanks Doc! I started out riding trikes and have had several over the years. Watched a friend of mine roll his ATC250R right in front of me doing probably about 50 to 60mph. Broke his back in four places. The ATC250R's can be pretty scary. I've heard them referred to as Widowmakers! But it has a lot to do with how close to the edge you ride. My friend was always on the ledge with that thing.

#16 ·
Shadetree, it's actually powder coating on the frame and swingarm. I've been known to make some Krylon cruisers myself though. :) That motor looks good! How has the paint held up on it? If I have exhaust pipes that are rusty I use the BBQ hi temp paint. Is that what you used on the motor? Bet you used a lot of tape since it was in the frame. Nice job!

#17 ·
right now..it's dirty...lol...with a wash though..it still shines, like you..i use BBQ high temp paint for the muffler, ex, headers..works great . i'm not rich enough to buy a powder coating machine..sooooo..i use rattle cans from wally world. as for using alot of tape on my motor..nope..not one piece !!..all done by hand.

#19 ·
Looks brand new! So you are brushing the paint on? If not, how do you get away from the overspray?

Ha! I don't have any powder coat equipment. But i'd sure like to! I know a guy that does it and he doesn't charge a whole lot. I've given him a lot of references so he takes care of me. He also takes care of those I refer so all is good.

#20 ·
Looks brand new! So you are brushing the paint on? If not, how do you get away from the overspray?

Ha! I don't have any powder coat equipment. But i'd sure like to! I know a guy that does it and he doesn't charge a whole lot. I've given him a lot of references so he takes care of me. He also takes care of those I refer so all is good.
very..VERY CAREFULLY !..LMFAO. no..i do not brush it on..how you gonna brush spary paint on ???..lol...i use one of those spray can trigger thigns..it works really well for me..i guess you can say..it's all in the stroke and finger pulls ??..lmfao.

#22 ·
I've brushed on spray paint before believe it or not. Sprayed the paint into a cup then dipped the brush in it.

Well you did a good job spraying that puppy!
thank you...yours looked really great too..i like the red on that frame..looks cool !!!.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.