Cool, using the backside of the winch mount will be easy, like taking candy from a baby. :-)
I been tinkerin' this week while waiting on orders to arrive, so I'll show ya whats up so far and talk about stuff I'm scheming on.
First off, after sleeping on my brass frame idea for securing around the rubber buttons in the cover watertight, I decided that the 1/8" thick polycarbonate display lens could be extended, so that the polycarbonate lens does double-duty securing the buttons too. So only one part needs to be fabbed up and that plastic frame should be a lot stronger, and easier to JB-weld flatly into the cover. I think I have some smoke-tinted 1/8" polycarbonate sheet that is new, so I'll be getting started on that this weekend.
The two oil temp sensors are finished.
The two W1209 boards are ready for the polycarbonate lens/buttons fabbed parts. The lower PCB edges of both boards were filed down to match the curvature of the enclosure for slightly offset mounting the boards inside... to provide extra space for gluing/sealing the lens down around the upper curved portion of the enclosure. I also decided to just mount trimpots on those boards in some JB-weld, rather than solder in fixed SMD resistors. There is plenty of extra space for them along the lower edges of the boards and I'd rather calibrate those boards deadnut using trimpots during final assembly, than have to perform those calibrations later on using the correction menu. The menu can be used to finely tune later on, if you have a more accurate meter than my two china rigs are. :-)
The two power supply & relays enclosures are nearly done. Just need those wire spools, 5-pin connectors and two filter capacitors, then it'll be JB-weld and Ultra-black gasket sealer time! The 9 volt regulators' TO-220 packages are soldered down onto homemade brass sheet heatsinks (a pair of scissors guided by a blind man with shaky hands are all thats needed, LOL) then the thin brass sinks were soldered down to the perf boards. We'll only need about 65 milliamps of current max, so those regulators probably don't need to be heatsinked, but I added the brass anyway just to be sure.
As you'll notice in those two PS/Relay boxes pics below I have added a 2nd power supply/relays board to one of them. The 2nd PS board will provide power for my Start-in-any-gear mod on my Rancher. That mod is in the midst of a makeover idea using an LDO 5 volt regulator and two small PCB mount (one 5v, one 12v) relays. There is so much extra space available inside those enclosures, that I decided to include my revamped Start-in-any-gear mod inside for weatherproofing.
If you want one of those mods added to your box @wheelsquad
, just hollar an' it'll get done!
More pics coming following the weekend... :-)