Found the pink wire in the battery compartment so that made hooking up the winch switch power lead easy, just added a bullet connector and plugged it in.
Got quite a bit done this weekend.
Got a-arms, brakes installed, along with new tie rod ends. Brakes work ok, but not as well as they should, so I'm going to take the lines back off and blow them out with compressed air, possibly even replace them. They had a bunch of rusty looking crap in them when I went to bleed them and the right side I'm sure isn't partially blocked as it acted funny when I was bleeding it. They work, but not was well as they should.
Got the 424 installed, changed front diff fluid (gears and insides look very clean).
Got the start in gear working with a relay and Foreman M/C
Got the tires put on as well. Rear are the 26x12x12 Mudlite XL's I got from @PowerStroke70
on some aluminum rear Rubicon wheels, and the fronts are new 26x9x12 Mudlite XL's on the rear Rincon wheels that powerstroke's tires were on when I got them.
Drilled a hole in the left rear axle tube just inside the bearings, added a grease zerk, and shot about 50 squirts of marine grease in there.
Tied LED pods in the grill into the taillight circuit so they're on whenever the headlight switch is on. I'll wire a lightbar into the high beam circuit once I get the front rack on.
Still to do list.
Carb is leaking. Sometimes the overflows drips, but not all the time, but either the bowl, or more likely the plunger is dripping. Not surprising given that it's 22 years old. Starts and runs like a top after shadetree rebuilt it, but gotta figure out where the drip is coming from.
Want to add a Rick's CDI (have to wait till payday for that one), add decals (on the way), bolt the fenders down, wipe-new the fenders, paint the racks and install them, and put the flares and floorboards on.
Getting close though. I think it's going to be a nice stock-ish bike with some upgrades when finished.