My 2000 trx350fe that shoud've been scrap - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Builds, Projects & DIY Discuss all your Honda ATV builds, projects and Do-It-Yourself modifications here!

79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 143 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 07:12 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6313 times
Garage
Strap the the tubing and put a skid plate on it , and it will last ---we use to tease a guy that rides with us , his frame was repaired several time , I use to say " be sure we got two ropes to pull both pieces of Vics bike back " , I wound up buying that bike form him and re-framing it , it is still going strong ---Mad Max - Road Warrior ----- I would like to think if I had to keep one going , I could come up with some ideas with a welding machine , tie wire , a big funkin' hammer and some duct tape
Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 143 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 06:36 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1283 times
Could be a mid80s they made LT250 for many years starting 86

I see yours has a cool Ute frame
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0E526F4E-491D-4986-95C3-15EBA9445EA3.png
Views:	10
Size:	546.3 KB
ID:	129478   Click image for larger version

Name:	3CE89BDD-4D00-419C-92F1-A001FCEF3F11.png
Views:	11
Size:	573.4 KB
ID:	129480  

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda

Last edited by Goober; 09-30-2018 at 06:45 AM.
post #13 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 10:55 AM

Liked: 2944 times
You might look at Powersportsnation.com and call them and ask if they'd ship parts down under.

I've shipped a few parts to Sam in the UK. Parts are cheap here but shipping gets VERY pricey, especially on packages that are big or weigh much (a diff, for example).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2772 times
I've got a used front diff and front driveshaft off from my 2000 Rancher FE with about 4300 miles on it. It appears to be in good condition. The oil was very clean (it had sat for 10+ years in a garage), all bearings and seals are good, gears look good, etc. If you're willing to cover the shipping cost to your address in AU you can have them! If you choose to include the cost for OEM axle seals, I'll buy them and install them for you... ships fast by the carrier of your choice. PM me if you're interested in free gratis stuff.

post #15 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4210 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I've got a used front diff and front driveshaft off from my 2000 Rancher FE with about 4300 miles on it. It appears to be in good condition. The oil was very clean (it had sat for 10+ years in a garage), all bearings and seals are good, gears look good, etc. If you're willing to cover the shipping cost to your address in AU you can have them! If you choose to include the cost for OEM axle seals, I'll buy them and install them for you... ships fast by the carrier of your choice. PM me if you're interested in free gratis stuff.
now see folks..this ^^^^^^^..is what I love about the members here !!!.
Jeepwm69 likes this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #16 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 40 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Thanks for the offer mate but ive put a seal and bearing kit in this 1. Ill see how it goes though.

Ive been cutting and welding. At first i thought id stick weld it. Then remembered i am terrible at it so i bite the bullet and bought a little gas bottle for my mig. Quite abit better. I think ill cut some tube in half to weld over the joins aswell. Welding old rusty steel sucks compared to new stuff i weld everyday haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hz_350; 10-02-2018 at 04:23 AM.
post #17 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 05:18 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6313 times
Garage
Wow , your repair looks really good , but your frame looks even worst than I thought -------- I think I would make a skid plate like in this pic out of steel and weld it to the bottom of the frame

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...d-mods-20.html
Attached Images

Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #18 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
just......WOW !!..that frame is very bad !!. if you get that thing all welded and frame back together, and it holds ?, I deff will say your one heck of a person !!. no way I would try to salvage that frame, and I got some mad welding skills with my wire welder !..lol. yeah..i'd deff look for another frame. you either are one of the best ?..or you got loadssssssssss of time ?..lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #19 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Liked: 2944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
just......WOW !!..that frame is very bad !!. if you get that thing all welded and frame back together, and it holds ?, I deff will say your one heck of a person !!. no way I would try to salvage that frame, and I got some mad welding skills with my wire welder !..lol. yeah..i'd deff look for another frame. you either are one of the best ?..or you got loadssssssssss of time ?..lol.
You have to remember that frame swaps here are easy, because frames are easy to find.

Down under I'm guessing finding a decent used Rancher frame that didn't cost both arms and a leg would be like finding someone with a working brain in Washington DC.

It ain't happening.
shadetree and LedFTed like this.
post #20 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
You have to remember that frame swaps here are easy, because frames are easy to find.

Down under I'm guessing finding a decent used Rancher frame that didn't cost both arms and a leg would be like finding someone with a working brain in Washington DC.

It ain't happening.
yeah..your right..i keep forgetting he's not around frames like we are ?!..lol. if he gets that frame back together ?, then he's one bad '' you know what '' !..lol.
Jeepwm69 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Builds, Projects & DIY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode