2000 TRX450FM Build/Mods - Page 96 - Honda ATV Forum
Builds, Projects & DIY Discuss all your Honda ATV builds, projects and Do-It-Yourself modifications here!

1096Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #951 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2907 times
Wow Jeep, you move fast! One of my orders will arrive today and the other is due in tomorrow, so I'll start hacking on the rattlesnake, err, uhh... the gizmo later on today. I'll see about tossing in a package of locally made "anti-venom" for 'ole shadetree as well. :-)
Jeepwm69 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #952 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4215 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Wow Jeep, you move fast! One of my orders will arrive today and the other is due in tomorrow, so I'll start hacking on the rattlesnake, err, uhh... the gizmo later on today. I'll see about tossing in a package of locally made "anti-venom" for 'ole shadetree as well. :-)
well I hope this '' anti-venom '' is a 12 pack ?, because ole shade has his hands full right now with these projects..lol.
retro likes this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #953 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Liked: 3068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
well I hope this '' anti-venom '' is a 12 pack ?, because ole shade has his hands full right now with these projects..lol.
While you're on here, this Rubicon I have is throwing an error code.....
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #954 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1964 times
@Jeepwm69 @retro @shadtree @fishfiles

Shaft has to be the one to match the diff, there are differences but I can’t remember now. One thing I will say... Fit front diff first then engine then rear end, I struggled my butt off big time as I started from the rear end. Ended up taking the whole lot back apart and starting from the front!

Time consuming but if you’d like a template of the cut out I’ll make one and post it over to you, an envelope shouldn’t take to long to get to you I wouldn’t have thought.
Alternatively I can take photos with measurements. Shout up if I can help :-)

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2” lift kit, 28” mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22” LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #955 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

@Jeepwm69 @retro @shadetree @fishfiles

Shaft has to be the one to match the diff, there are differences but I can’t remember now. One thing I will say... Fit front diff first then engine then rear end, I struggled my butt off big time as I started from the rear end. Ended up taking the whole lot back apart and starting from the front!

Time consuming but if you’d like a template of the cut out I’ll make one and post it over to you, an envelope shouldn’t take to long to get to you I wouldn’t have thought.
misterclean59 likes this.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2” lift kit, 28” mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22” LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #956 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
While you're on here, this Rubicon I have is throwing an error code.....
yeah ?..that error code translates to trash me now !!.lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #957 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamUK View Post

you wasn't holding your mouth just right ?!..lol. ive never had issues with engine in, then rear, then fitting front diff's in.
SamUK likes this.

post #958 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Quote:

you wasn't holding your mouth just right ?!..lol. ive never had issues with engine in, then rear, then fitting front diff's in.
Haha.. I know, you mentioned that in my build thread. I had no luck whatsoever though, even got a helping hand from a work colleague but still no luck. I ended up pulling the swingarm and moving the motor right back and starting from the front end. I even trimmed the front crossmember (vin No plate) a little to try and gain clearance but still didn’t help.

We’re the 450’s you worked on permanent 4x4 or did they have the electro engage diff?

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

2004 Foreman 450S

post #959 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha.. I know, you mentioned that in my build thread. I had no luck whatsoever though, even got a helping hand from a work colleague but still no luck. I ended up pulling the swingarm and moving the motor right back and starting from the front end. I even trimmed the front crossmember (vin No plate) a little to try and gain clearance but still didn’t help.

We’re the 450’s you worked on permanent 4x4 or did they have the electro engage diff?
i've done both models. my '03 trx450fm, a 1999 trx450s, another '03 trx450fm, and now will have this '98 trx450s under my belt..that is...if I ever get some cash/parts ??..lol.
SamUK likes this.

post #960 of 1084 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i've done both models. my '03 trx450fm, a 1999 trx450s, another '03 trx450fm, and now will have this '98 trx450s under my belt..that is...if I ever get some cash/parts ??..lol.
Ohh ok.. If I remember rightly one thing I found that was in the way was the plastic guard/shield that protects the sensor/actuator on the diff. I tried to remove it but the bolts were super tight and I feared they would shear off. At the time I felt it was a lot simpler to leave them as they were as the diff was (still is) in good working order, didn’t want to cause further issues.
I think if that plastic gaurd/shield was removed the diff may, just may, have wiggles into place.
I need to follow up on your build thread, only just caught up on this one of Fishfiles! He’s been super busy, a nice mud bike build I have to say @fishfiles
retro likes this.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

2004 Foreman 450S

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Builds, Projects & DIY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode