2000 TRX450FM Build/Mods - Page 108 - Honda ATV Forum
Builds, Projects & DIY Discuss all your Honda ATV builds, projects and Do-It-Yourself modifications here!

1096Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1071 of 1084 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6568 times
Garage
we have been having a rash of squirrels blew up transformers and knocking out electricity , it happen 4 times in the last couple of months ---- one I found one in the neighbors ditch after he electrocuted himself , his fur was burned off his front legs from his claws to his shoulders , all under his mouth and chest was cooked ------- the CLECO electric guys were resetting the breakers and the squirrel that did it had his tail blown off his body
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1072 of 1084 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:16 AM

Liked: 3099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
The Vega reminded me of a mini-Camaro , it was squirrel-y ---- speaking of squirrel , I got a great squirrel story in that car , think I might have told it already ---- quick summary , the squirrel owned the car for about 15 minutes , after biting the crap out of me while going down the road , then I num-chucked him to death but not before he tore up the wires to the stereo , got him mounted and my Irish Setter ate him , a lot of friends to this day call me Squirrel for that reason and I raised squirrels and other animals
I bet Dad has killed a thousand squirrels in his yard over the last 5 years. He HATES them.

Then one day this little guy walks up to him in the yard, sits down, and looks up at him. He picked it up, put it on a tree, and went back to work. A few minutes later it was at his feet again, looking up at him, so of course when my girls saw it, we had a pet squirrel.

I had to take him to work with me, used a cat carrier. Would open the door and let him run around my desk while I work. Needless to say the women at work weren't amused.

Little guy I guess had a heart attack one night. Was sitting at mom and dad's with him on my leg, and he ran down and jumped on the floor. Mom's ankle biter dog started barking at him and he flopped over, twitched a few times, and died.

RIP Whiskey. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whiskers.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	136984   Click image for larger version

Name:	whiskers2.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	136986  
fishfiles, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #1073 of 1084 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Jeep , that is a cool looking squirrel , what do you'll call that species , grey ------- I like the squirrels , my neighbor who past a year ago hated them , cause they use to get in his attic and keep him up at might , he would trap and relocate them and shoot them sometimes , since his passing , the squirrels are plentiful now , I can see a dozen or more at the same time , all grey right now , every now and then a Mississippi Delta Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1074 of 1084 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 02:05 PM

Liked: 3099 times
Yeah this one was a grey.

We mostly have fox squirrels around here (red). They are dominant so we didn't see greys often when I was growing up. As time has gone by I've seen more and more greys, and I wonder if it isn't because dad has shot so many reds that they can't keep the greys at bay in the neighborhood. The fox squirrels bigger and easier to see, and Dad's 80 so his sight isn't what it used to be. He had to switch from my old 22 to a shotgun to shoot them now.

Everybody got quite a kick of the little baby squirrel going right up the squirrel killer and taming him.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dadwhiskey.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	136988  
fishfiles, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #1075 of 1084 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:21 AM

Liked: 22 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Played around with the light a bit , I think weld a mount at the bottom to the bumper arm , and at the top bolt the plate to the original mounting ears on the plastic fender , maybe weld nuts to the plate or some of them threaded fender tabs
Doing exactly this with my 450s build. Wondering how the wiring works, having three oem, green is ground, the other two are for high and lows, do they both tie into the red wire going to the pod?
post #1076 of 1084 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
[QUOTE=TRXStudent --
Doing exactly this with my 450s build. Wondering how the wiring works, having three oem, green is ground, the other two are for high and lows, do they both tie into the red wire going to the pod?[/QUOTE]

TRX' , there were three wires , ground , low beam and high beam powers , I don't remember the colors , I think it was green , blue and red , my 450 manual is in the shed ---- I used a test light to figure which one was low and high power -----on low beam just the handle bar pod comes on , on high beam the pod and the two in the fender/grill all come on

do you have a thread started on your atv ??? I looked and didn't find one ----
TRXStudent likes this.

Last edited by fishfiles; 06-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.
post #1077 of 1084 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Retro , I think this pic is where the Gizmo should go ----- because the box screws together from the back side , I couldn't put screws thru the box then assemble the box ---- I think I would have to screw a plate to the rear of the box , that would stick out a bit on each side and put screws thru that plate to the dash , wire could come out either side , out the back would hide the wiring , but would be harder to pull off easily
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8815.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	137234   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8819.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	137236   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8821.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	137238  
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #1078 of 1084 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2979 times
Whaddya think about using those two bolts that are holding your Garmin mount? I could make a wide bracket for that... just need to know the distance between bolt hole centers... or you could drill those two holes yourself during the install. See my crayons pic... can the wiring go down between those brackets where the arrow is pointing, or is that a deadend?

Dunno if I'm on the right track or not... but that location looks pretty sweet!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_88200.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	137244  
fishfiles likes this.

post #1079 of 1084 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2979 times
It would be easy to put a wide, flat bracket on the back of the enclosure so all you'd have to do is drill holes and screw it down to your switches plate too. That would be simple.

The wiring can come out the back or bottom of that enclosure anywhere, except near the four corners of the box. There are molded plastic studs inside that the four screws go through as you can see... so wiring can exit the box anywhere between each corner.
fishfiles likes this.

post #1080 of 1084 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Yep , that looks like the perfect spot ! It would be right in front of me for easy viewing . Wiring out the bottom for a factory clean look ------------- I got a piece of aluminum tee bar , might work with them two bolts in the pic ----

how did you make them 3 square holes in the box so neat , I would guess a Dremel ????
retro likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Builds, Projects & DIY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode