HID Headlight Build - Page 4 - Honda ATV Forum
Builds, Projects & DIY Discuss all your Honda ATV builds, projects and Do-It-Yourself modifications here!

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 7054 times
Garage
i like it lit up ---- I parked mine at 10:30 Saturday night and didn't get to sleep till 3:30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
i like it lit up ---- I parked mine at 10:30 Saturday night and didn't get to sleep till 3:30
You sound like us. We didnt make it back to the camper until 4:30am.

Wayne

2012 Rancher 420: 25" Maxxis Zillas - Polished 12" ITP Wheels - Custom Retrofitted 5000K HID Projector Headlights With Amber LED Parking Lights - Dual 9 Single Row LED Light Bars - KFI Winch Mount - Badlands 2500lb Winch With Disconnect, 6000lb Synthetic Rope & Aluminum Fairlead - Dry Box Mounted On Fender - Custom Stainless Steel Front Basket Rack - Ceramic Coated
Next Mod: Front & Rear Basket Racks, Windsheild
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 04:44 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 7054 times
Garage
Last Friday I went with a friend and his uncle to fill feeders and change camera cards and just some exploring for me , we did it in the day time about 3:00 and it was hotttt , I was soaked , you'll might have done better going at night , not as hot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 07:55 AM

Liked: 3330 times
Dang bugs around here will swarm you riding at night with lights unless it's early in the Spring or late in the fall.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
I wired my bottom HID"s to a relay which I tied into the tail light bulb. That way anytime the headlight switch is on, regardless of whether you're on high or low beam, the bottom lights are on. Then wired a lightbar into the high beam wire for even more light with the switch in high beam mode.

Run the lows off your tail light wire, and then the high off the high beam wire.
Jeep, just wanted to give you a big thumbs up. I really liked your idea of hooking the low beam headlights to the tailights so that no matter what position the headlight switch was on the low beams would come on. So this past week i did a little rewiring.

Before, i the low and high beam wires tied together so that my headlights would come on in either positive, i also had 2 switches mounted to the bars, one was for the amber LED corner lights and the other was for my light bars.

Now i have my amber corner LEDs tapped into ignition on, so whenever i turn the key the corners come on. The headlights i tapped into the taillights so they now come on when ever i turn my headlights on, regardless of where the high/low switch is. I then tapped the LED light bars into the highbeams.

Couldnt be happier with the way things turned out. I was able to remove the two swtiched from the handle bars and everything is control via the stock switches now!

Thanks again for your idea/suggestion!

Wayne

2012 Rancher 420: 25" Maxxis Zillas - Polished 12" ITP Wheels - Custom Retrofitted 5000K HID Projector Headlights With Amber LED Parking Lights - Dual 9 Single Row LED Light Bars - KFI Winch Mount - Badlands 2500lb Winch With Disconnect, 6000lb Synthetic Rope & Aluminum Fairlead - Dry Box Mounted On Fender - Custom Stainless Steel Front Basket Rack - Ceramic Coated
Next Mod: Front & Rear Basket Racks, Windsheild
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:32 AM

Liked: 3330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
I wired my bottom HID"s to a relay which I tied into the tail light bulb. That way anytime the headlight switch is on, regardless of whether you're on high or low beam, the bottom lights are on. Then wired a lightbar into the high beam wire for even more light with the switch in high beam mode.

Run the lows off your tail light wire, and then the high off the high beam wire.
Jeep, just wanted to give you a big thumbs up. I really liked your idea of hooking the low beam headlights to the tailights so that no matter what position the headlight switch was on the low beams would come on. So this past week i did a little rewiring.

Before, i the low and high beam wires tied together so that my headlights would come on in either positive, i also had 2 switches mounted to the bars, one was for the amber LED corner lights and the other was for my light bars.

Now i have my amber corner LEDs tapped into ignition on, so whenever i turn the key the corners come on. The headlights i tapped into the taillights so they now come on when ever i turn my headlights on, regardless of where the high/low switch is. I then tapped the LED light bars into the highbeams.

Couldnt be happier with the way things turned out. I was able to remove the two swtiched from the handle bars and everything is control via the stock switches now!

Thanks again for your idea/suggestion!

Wayne
I'd love to take credit for it but another member here actually suggested it a while back.

I initially had the lowers hooked to both high and low beams with a diode on the high beam wire so the lightbar would come on only when the switch was in high beam position.

It worked, but was overly complicated. The tail light method was much easier. Unfortunately I don't remember who came up with it.
Z7What likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Builds, Projects & DIY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode