A Creamsicle Orange - Honda ATV Forum
Builds, Projects & DIY Discuss all your Honda ATV builds, projects and Do-It-Yourself modifications here!

572Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3157 times
A Creamsicle Orange

2000 Honda Rancher 350ES 4x4 (TRX350FE)

This bike was unexpectedly offered to me in a phone conversation over a week ago, while I was searching for cheap TRX350D parts bikes.

The man said it had been garage-kept since new and is in good condition. The motor ran, no sun/weather damage, never been in a crash, frame, chassis, bumpers, racks, plastics and seat are all good he said... The brakes all work, no cracks, no dents, no rips, no oil leaks, no broken or missing parts, not rusty, etc. He thought the electric shift and everything else electrical might still work on it too, but was beginning to sound (on the phone) more unsure at this point in our conversation, than he was to my previous questions.

"I don't know anything about it", he said... "this belonged to my son... (...) ... it has been parked here in my garage and hasn't been run for over 10 years now. It will need a new battery for sure. It still has the old gas in it. The tires look worn out, but they all still hold air. This is the first my wife and I have thought about selling it. Make me an offer."

What year is it, I asked? "I don't know. How do I find out?" So I asked him to give me an idea how much he wanted for it. He said "I don't know, make me an offer."

I can't make you an offer until I see it, I said.

"How does $350 sound to you? I'll talk to my wife."

Now, I'm not a big fan of ES bikes myself, but I'm guessing my mother might become an ES ATV fan if given an opportunity...?!?! :-)

So, with an idea in mind of what I might do with an ES bike, I made plans to meet with the owner yesterday (Sunday) for a closeup looksee armed with a good battery and lotsa tools. Travel time was about 5.5 hours round trip plus about an hour of time in a dark garage spent on checking it over. More on that later...

This bike was thickly coated with garage grunge after many years in storage when I loaded it. Here are some pics I snapped with my phone about 20 miles into the return trip.... after a lot of the looser grunge had blown off. I power washed it when I got home and its beginning to look pretty darn good already!!!

I intend to disassemble this Creamsicle and freshen it up over the next few months in my spare time as a late winter project. Will post progress updates here... beginning with some better pics in a few days. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	creamsicle-0.png
Views:	271
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	111657   Click image for larger version

Name:	creamsicle-1.png
Views:	259
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	111665   Click image for larger version

Name:	creamsicle-2.png
Views:	264
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	111673  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 02:27 AM

Liked: 235 times
Decent bike for the price, hope it was parked running. Wish I could find a deal like that.
retro likes this.
post #3 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 02:45 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6794 times
Garage
Nice score , for $350 you can't go wrong . If the ES eats your creamsickle up , you can convert it .
SamUK and retro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 03:46 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I have to say the color is unique , and keep in mind I do still have 3 450 parts bikes , two are ES and boxes of parts for the 450 , I think quite a few parts may be interchangeable from the 350 to 450 and if you need something that is the same , don't hesitate to ask -------
retro likes this.
post #5 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 05:05 AM

Liked: 2049 times
Garage
That's a pretty good score. I'd convert it to footshift though. lol
retro likes this.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
post #6 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 05:27 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac102004 View Post
That's a pretty good score. I'd convert it to footshift though. lol
Maybe for the benefit of other ES owners on the site , let Retro go a head with the ES , cause you know before long he will know how many copper strands are in every wire , where every wire goes and comes from , how many amps are going thru it , how each electrical component is suppose to function > he will be the ES Guru LOL
post #7 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 05:50 AM

Liked: 550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
"I don't know anything about it", he said... "this belonged to my son... (...) ... it has been parked here in my garage and hasn't been run for over 10 years now. It will need a new battery for sure. It still has the old gas in it. The tires look worn out, but they all still hold air. This is the first my wife and I have thought about selling it. Make me an offer."
Great story and glad everyone left happy with the deal. I look forward to seeing it progress along....
retro likes this.

2017 Honda Pioneer 500
post #8 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2036 times
Why a buy! A dollar per CC, wish we had deals like that over here! None runners are fetching £1000 or thereabouts just lately, prices have rocketed for some odd reason. Anybody would think Honda was going out of production or something lol.

Looking forward to the ‘build/repair’ thread :-)
Goober, XplicitRacing6 and retro like this.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2” lift kit, 28” mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22” LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #9 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 07:06 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1417 times
Great buy Retro!! That color pops!

I like these early Ranchers even the ES. My work 02 has been reliable 7000 miles of pushing manure. It looks great with a set of 12 in wheels. It had a weak battery this Spring and when I was out afield–hit the downshift button meaning to upshift she didn’t like that. A new battery and clutch adjustment made her happy agin

My complaint is the dipstick on one side and fill cap on other side of engine. Who thot up that one?
XplicitRacing6 and retro like this.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda
post #10 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 07:56 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 284 times
Garage
Wow that's awesome. Great price for it. I feel like me and @SamUK have the same sales value over here. Every bike is so darn expensive and not nearly as nice as that.
SamUK, XplicitRacing6 and retro like this.

'95 TRX300FW

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Builds, Projects & DIY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in