A Creamsicle Orange - Page 36 - Honda ATV Forum
Builds, Projects & DIY Discuss all your Honda ATV builds, projects and Do-It-Yourself modifications here!

564Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #351 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3136 times
Well, I'm not sure that I can pull that headlight swap off yet. I've never seen a Rancher 350 with a 3rd headlight, so my 1st idea might turn out to be pretty hokey looking. I've got the pieces in hand, just don't know whats gonna happen when I start fabbing it up. I think @fishfiles nailed it when he said the Creamsicle is going into morta'mor'fa'cis ! I'll show y'all what I have in mind in a few days.

Hints: Its a dirt cheap mod/idea. It features both high & low beams. Its a DOT legal headlight. And it is Orange. :-)

I've ordered enough of those OEM fenders clips to last me for a while. Here is the seller link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273517269198
fishfiles and Jeepwm69 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 02:56 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6726 times
Garage
I have a few extra headlight pods with the mounting bracket from 450's I could throw your way , I could see it working to mount that pod onto a 350 , the hole where the dash display was would have to be closed in , which it could become a place to mount toggle switches or maybe a hinged cover and turn it into a storage compartment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6519.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	132600  
Jeepwm69, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #353 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

If I had a plan B in mind that 450 light would probably be it! The Rancher display cover is a cheap plastic part, so I'm probably gonna hack on mine a bit to adapt. So if it ends up looking like a Rancher wearing a Halloween mask it will be easy to put it back stock. I'm still staring at it... lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #354 of 382 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:59 AM

Liked: 3224 times
Yeah that 450 meter looks about the same size as a 350.

Here's what I did on the wife's 09.

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...t-rancher.html
retro likes this.
post #355 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:12 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6726 times
Garage
I got redirected to this thread from Retro's link , some good reading , missed or forgot a lot of it

Jeep , I just seen someone took the headlight pod off his atv and put the dash into a no light pod , think it was Whiskers' on the Foreman site
retro likes this.
post #356 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:51 AM

Liked: 3224 times
Yeah I saw that. I need as much light as I can get. Blind as a bat. That headlight delete looks slick, but won't help me much at night.
post #357 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

My 3rd headlight idea is on hold and has been for quite some time. My idea requires a lot of fabbing work and I don't have time to devote to that project, so its off the table. I'll try again some other time. I plan on swapping in 420 front disc brakes next winter, so maybe I'll get back into the headlight project during that next teardown/maintenance session. For now I'm gonna concentrate on getting this bike back together so I can put it to work in the woods cleaning up a bunch of dead/diseased spruce trees on my property. The following mini-sagas are what I got goin' on... :-)

A while back I made a new, updated selectable gizmo for it, but its been sitting inside a plastic bag in a box awaiting time to install it. Today I got it bolted in place finally, using the same mounting holes that I had the 1st version bolted into. I hope to get all of my new updated, waterproof wiring connectors soldered up to the sub-harnesses tomorrow, along with all of the other electrical addons/changes I got goin' on. I took apart all of the old wiring addons today, so I'm gettin' ready to rock... :-)

Lets get rollin' with a pics dump!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	selectable-gizmo-0.png
Views:	19
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	136516   Click image for larger version

Name:	selectable-gizmo-1.png
Views:	15
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	136518   Click image for larger version

Name:	selectable-gizmo-2.png
Views:	18
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	136520   Click image for larger version

Name:	selectable-gizmo-3.png
Views:	14
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	136522  
fishfiles, Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.

post #358 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Being as this is also an electric-tronical-gizmo and it requires one wire to be soldered up... I also mounted up the new cooling fan gizmo today.

As mentioned in the DIY build thread for this gizmo the power supply/relays box was mounted on the underside of the modded KFI winch plate in drilled & tapped holes using #10-32 buttonheads. Then the winch plate & winch assembly was bolted back in place on the frame and the new harnesses routed & zip-tied along with the pre-existing subs.

Lets pause for a few pics o' that... :-)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fan-gizmo-3.png
Views:	16
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	136524   Click image for larger version

Name:	fan-gizmo-4.png
Views:	17
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	136526   Click image for larger version

Name:	fan-gizmo-5.png
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	136528  
fishfiles likes this.

post #359 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Topside in the office, the gizmo control unit mounted down on the left-side handlebar directly above where the waterproof winch rocker switch was mounted below the bar. The aluminum bracket that I made for this control unit was shaped just right when I cut it out of a length of extruded something or other... so that I could just remove the two screws holding the rocker switch housing to the handle bar bracket, sandwich the new bracket between the rocker & bracket, line up the two bracket holes and put those two screws right back in. This mount up was like takin' candy from a baby, it just doesn't ever get any easier than this out here in the boonies! :-)

We like pic dumps the most tho, don't we..?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fan-gizmo-0.png
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	136530   Click image for larger version

Name:	fan-gizmo-6.png
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	136532   Click image for larger version

Name:	fan-gizmo-1.png
Views:	18
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	136534  

post #360 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Meanwhile, another lil' electric related relocation is in the works to be soldered up tomorrow so I took a pic of that newfound treasure. I wanna thank Trailfreak for finding & sharing this lil' hideout! I doubt if I would have ever noticed that free space area in the frame in front of the fuel tank if it weren't for him pointing it out to us! And its a perfect space to relocate my waterproofed winch contactor into!

Last summer I had made a bracket that hung that contactor from the frame because I did not want to drill any holes in the trunk and mount it inside there. But I worried about that choice...

I keep the OEM tool kit in the trunk, a good low-pressure tire gauge is velcro'd to the wall, the OEM user manual is in a ziplock in its overhead compartment, a lot of small tools & misc. stuff I use in the woods are inside that dry-box, along with a 30' heavy tow rope, clean leather gloves, first-aid kit, toilet paper sealed in a ziplock... etc. That box stays clean and dry inside and its jam-packed useful... so I just couldn't bring myself to drill any holes in it... so I had mounted the contactor out on the frame where it took mud and water hits after taking it apart and sealing it up tight with Ultra-black.

I'm relieved that I won't have to worry about that contactor taking a hit, ever again. Thanks Trailfreak!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	contactor-relocate-0.png
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	136536  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Builds, Projects & DIY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode