1986 Honda TRX350 Restoration Build *Need some help* - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Builds, Projects & DIY Discuss all your Honda ATV builds, projects and Do-It-Yourself modifications here!

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4408 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
Ok I ordered a new CDI as well - along with OEM honda jets, I bought both a #45 and #35 pilot jet does anyone know which one it is because some parts sites have it listed as #35 and others list it as #45.
what are you calling the pilot jet ?, what I call everything is, main jet, idle jet, and pilot jet/fuel mixture jet. there is also another jet, mounts sideways in the carb bowl. , 4 jets in total.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 18 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
Ok I ordered a new CDI as well - along with OEM honda jets, I bought both a #45 and #35 pilot jet does anyone know which one it is because some parts sites have it listed as #35 and others list it as #45.
what are you calling the pilot jet ?, what I call everything is, main jet, idle jet, and pilot jet/fuel mixture jet. there is also another jet, mounts sideways in the carb bowl. , 4 jets in total.
I'm referring to the "slow" jet: 99103-MR4-0350 JET,SLOW #35 $7.01

Click the image to open in full size.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3213 times
Stock 350s have a #35 slow jet:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carb.png
Views:	256
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	88673  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Stock 350s have a #35 slow jet:

Ah ok thanks - that's what I thought but in my other thread when I first joined two people said it was #45 so I ordered both just in case.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1507 times
Here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2855.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	88721  
inv3ctiv3 and _Wilson_ like this.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 10:25 PM

Liked: 1 times
I have changed 5 fuel pumps on my trx350. Just changed it last weekend. As long as you don't beat on the atv and expect it to get you back without hurting you somehow you'll be ok.
So basically do nothing that I do.

make sure your airbox is completely sealed. I got a k&n filter for my 350 and it works a lot better.

And if your muffler is rotted out, you can get a muffler from dc performance. It's called the rcm 2. It is a slip on muffler and it bolts on to the factory mounts. I love it. It sounds a lot better too.

And if you want to install a winch consider this picture of my 350.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
inv3ctiv3 likes this.
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TRX350FOURTRAX View Post
I have changed 5 fuel pumps on my trx350. Just changed it last weekend. As long as you don't beat on the atv and expect it to get you back without hurting you somehow you'll be ok.
So basically do nothing that I do.

make sure your airbox is completely sealed. I got a k&n filter for my 350 and it works a lot better.

And if your muffler is rotted out, you can get a muffler from dc performance. It's called the rcm 2. It is a slip on muffler and it bolts on to the factory mounts. I love it. It sounds a lot better too.

And if you want to install a winch consider this picture of my 350.

Well that's the problem I don't use it out on a ranch I use it on OHV trails 30 miles back deer hunting and exploring so I need to have a back up plan which is why I want to carry a spare fuel pump, was hoping a $20 one would get me home but I'm just gonna buy an OEM one and keep it in the quad just in case. All the parts are showing up today and tomorrow so I'm gonna start tearing it down today!
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 11:15 AM

That's great. I always wondered if you could use a high end holley electric fuel pump and program it to make it work on the trx350. I've only bought the oem pumps. I get them on eBay. Anyway, I hope you get the bike running right. I'm going to my property in upstate N.Y. today. I'm going to ride my trx350. And then rip the carb off and ship it to shadetree.
Good luck.

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TRX350FOURTRAX View Post
That's great. I always wondered if you could use a high end holley electric fuel pump and program it to make it work on the trx350. I've only bought the oem pumps. I get them on eBay. Anyway, I hope you get the bike running right. I'm going to my property in upstate N.Y. today. I'm going to ride my trx350. And then rip the carb off and ship it to shadetree.
Good luck.

Very cool - I'm almost to the point where I want to take the whole thing apart and rebuild the motor and paint the frame, axles, etc but for now I'm gonna take all the plastics and racks off and do this work on it then paint the wheels and racks till I figure out if I wanna do a full resto on it.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 12:52 PM

I'd leave it at what you're doing. If you do a full resto, you risk breaking something... Not like I know about breaking something when I took my 85 250 apart.
Anyway, I think that when your done with what you are doing to it now, you won't have to worry about it as much. If you do a full resto, you have to watch out for boulders, and sticks, and stuff like that. I'm sure you will do a great job with it either way.
Make sure you check the front diff fluid. Mine has never been filled. I broke 3 front driveshafts in half. Learned my lesson real quick.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Builds, Projects & DIY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode