350d rear end to 300 swap question - Page 7 - Honda ATV Forum
Brakes & Suspension Have a question about your brakes? Need some suspension advice? Try this section for answers

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Manny , every one I ever did has a 2 inch lift on it with the stock shocks ( as far as I know ) in the rear , not because I had to use the lift , just because I wanted to ------ I missed a 87 350 for $250 Friday by one call , the guy said if the guy that called first didn't buy it he would call me , never happened
Hmmm.

Is that two inch lift in the rear and no lift in the front to make it level?

I was going to try to use 350 Rancher shocks all around if/when I ever do this.
2" lift all round on mine jeep, I made my own mounts though but centre of original shock mount to new mounts is exactly 2". Mine sits level, if you wanted to be really anal about it I personally think the front could do with being 2 1/4" or the rear 1 3/4".

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2 lift kit, 28 mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22 LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:29 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6777 times
Garage
Jeep , I guess I type that misleading , I use 2 inch lift front and rear , Manny was asking about the rear so I only mentioned the rear , Sam is right that it will look like a nose dive with stock shocks , my wife's 300 has Brute Force 750 shocks and the 2 inch lift brackets and she sits 1 1/2 inches taller than me to the top of the rack , we do run the same size tires 26's , but different brands , the ride height of the two are very close , I did raise the front of the front fenders on both our bikes with brackets from the frame to the fender , makes it look a lot better
post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:05 PM

Liked: 3240 times
Quote:
Jeep , I guess I type that misleading , I use 2 inch lift front and rear , Manny was asking about the rear so I only mentioned the rear , Sam is right that it will look like a nose dive with stock shocks , my wife's 300 has Brute Force 750 shocks and the 2 inch lift brackets and she sits 1 1/2 inches taller than me to the top of the rack , we do run the same size tires 26's , but different brands , the ride height of the two are very close , I did raise the front of the front fenders on both our bikes with brackets from the frame to the fender , makes it look a lot better
That fender to frame lift pictured anywhere in a build thread or one of your other posts?

I don't currently have a 300, but tinker on a buddy's occasionally and have my eye out for a cheap project.

Unfortunately most of the time when I find a cheap project I'm broke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Jeep , page 21 and 22 of the thread named Magenta 300 , shows before and after and a pic of the bracket bolted in place

Here is a pic of the front fender up and inch and a half
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3668.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	70570  
Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4279 times
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
That fender to frame lift pictured anywhere in a build thread or one of your other posts?

I don't currently have a 300, but tinker on a buddy's occasionally and have my eye out for a cheap project.

Unfortunately most of the time when I find a cheap project I'm broke.
no such thing as a cheap trx300fw around these parts !..lol. not unless it's beat all to crap, non-running ?..lol.
Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:26 PM

Liked: 3240 times
Shade, the one that my buddy has showed up in the local paper and he got it for $650. 1990, 4x4, Red and not in horrible condition. No brakes, but other than that it was driveable. I would have gotten it but was short on cash at the time.

I've added disc brakes and 12" wheels to it since, and he's put cheap LED lights all over it. He picked up a 350D a few weeks ago for $200 and I'm going to put the rear in his 300 and use the rest to fix that 350D that has been sitting in my yard for...I think about 2 years now LOL.
post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4279 times
Garage
Quote:
Shade, the one that my buddy has showed up in the local paper and he got it for $650. 1990, 4x4, Red and not in horrible condition. No brakes, but other than that it was driveable. I would have gotten it but was short on cash at the time.

I've added disc brakes and 12" wheels to it since, and he's put cheap LED lights all over it. He picked up a 350D a few weeks ago for $200 and I'm going to put the rear in his 300 and use the rest to fix that 350D that has been sitting in my yard for...I think about 2 years now LOL.
can't wait to see you dig into that trx350D !. I get the feeling, your gonna need some engine parts, body parts, lord knows what else ?..lol.
Jeepwm69 likes this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:37 PM

That does look super clean! Did you have to make any mods to the swing arm?
I am doing the same conversion and it appears that the swing arm is about 2 inches further out on the axle housing
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:24 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej1981 View Post
That does look super clean! Did you have to make any mods to the swing arm?
I am doing the same conversion and it appears that the swing arm is about 2 inches further out on the axle housing
no mods to the swing arm, you make a mounting bracket and weld it to the axle tube , then that bracket bolts to the swing arm
post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:42 PM

Liked: 1803 times
Garage
Quote:
Just a heads up, if anyone needs a rear end conversion I have 3 to choose from. a complete rear end out of a 350d with 892 original miles, and two lightly used rear ends out of big red 250 atc's.
@Manny ..... Just enquiring .... Do you still have these ^^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode