1990 4trax 300 brake hoses - Honda ATV Forum
Brakes & Suspension Have a question about your brakes? Need some suspension advice? Try this section for answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

1990 4trax 300 brake hoses

Hey guys, I’m new to to Forums here. My names Steve, and I just grabbed a 1990 TRX300FW. I’m in the middle of getting it trail worthy again and one issue I am coming across is with my front brake hoses. They are completely blocked, I tried reeming them with mechanics wire, tried brake clean, tried blowing them out, THEY ARE BLOCKED SOLID. So with that said I was on the hunt for the complete hose set, from the master to the splitter, and splitter out to they Cylinders. I see that they are discontinued, however I could find them used but would rather put new. Has anyone ran across this issue? And if so would anyone know if another brake hose set would work for this quad? Thanks again for the feed back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6452 times
Garage
Welcome to the forum Steve ---- You can make your own, here is a link to my thread where I made hoses , post 768 is where it starts with the hoe and fittings

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...-77.html#close
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 07:59 AM

Liked: 25 times
Hi Steve, I had one that was plugged solid also.
I purchased just the upper hose off amazon for like 12$ its braided stainless steel, so far so good, it worked perfect.
While I was looking ebay has a complete replacement for $75 all 3 hoses and the T.

MrC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 08:16 AM

Liked: 3035 times
I think my daughter's 97 has a partial blockage. The disc brakes I put on stop it, but they don't stop it fast, which means I either have air in the lines, or the lines are partially blocked. I got a good bleed on the right side, but the left side bleeder acted funny.

Going to take it back apart and try to blow it out with compressed air. If that doesn't work I might look and see if I can make some 500 brake lines work since I have extras on hand.

The banjo fittings on the ends of these Hondas are all the same, so you might look at brake lines from another utility Honda ATV. If you get the lengths in the ballpark they should work. Only issue is the mounting points won't be right, but 300 brake lines are pricey!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode