Honda ATV Forum banner

400x build

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Chadtrx400x 
#1 ·
I plan to build a race ready 400x. I don't know where to start, what to do. I don't want an engine that I have to rebuild 10 times. I want something that I can race but also joy ride. If someone could tell me what parts and things that'd be cool. Thx!

#2 ·
What you are wanting to do is going to cost alot of money. First we need to kinda get an idea of budget your looking to stay in. Ru looking to do this really soon and buy all the stuff really fast or do it over a long period of time? The place i would suggest starting is in the suspension area. The 400ex stock suspension has alot of room for improvements. If you trail riding and racing which is exactly what i do with my 400ex you can look at my signature as a guide. I did my build on the cheap over a few years. I did alot of research and purchased with 2 things in mind. Wanted strong well built stuff that can hold up to anything i throw at it and at a lower price point. Honestly alba is where i saved alot and there product has been great for me. The 416 kit has been very reliable. Again do your homework and do all the supporting mods to make it all last.

#4 ·
I plan on doing this over a period of time. Probably a few years. But yeah alba is pretty cheap. Got a set of nerf bars with heel guards and all that for a couple hundred.

#5 ·
I would start by getting some alba +2 arms up front. I got the gull wing a-arm kit with extended lines and tie-rods as a kit for 460.00. Then start checking out front shock upgrade options. Get some valved for you weight and preferably double or triple rate. Makes flying through bumpy trails alot easier and smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.