Title transfer Review??? - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 278 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy4444 View Post
@M_Quick bringing this thread from the grave!

I got the same letter... What ended up happening with this situation?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
I ended up paying the additional sales tax on $2250.00 I had to fight and explain to them that it was there mistake and that I over looked it, the under charge & tirle being marked $250! But the additional tax on $2250 was better than the tax on 6k that they were wanting. I did ignore it at 1st, but the state got more persistent.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton Stealth Bumper and 11/16" sway bar
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, OMF Wheels & GBC tires, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Utility Rack & Desert II Front Bumper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Quote:

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
I ended up paying the additional sales tax on $2250.00 I had to fight and explain to them that it was there mistake and that I over looked it, the under charge & tirle being marked $250! But the additional tax on $2250 was better than the tax on 6k that they were wanting. I did ignore it at 1st, but the state got more persistent.

This reply helps greatly!

- How persistent did the state get because I'd love to just ignore it?
- Do you know if they contacted the seller as well?

Also, after you convinced them of the 2250 difference- did you just cut a check for the diff in taxes and mail it in? Any repercussions after the state was made whole?
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 01:16 PM

Liked: 3319 times
The founding fathers started shooting over less than this.....sickening that the state will stoop to such levels to double tax something.
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

This reply helps greatly!

- How persistent did the state get because I'd love to just ignore it?

- Do you know if they contacted the seller as well?

Also, after you convinced them of the 2250 difference- did you just cut a check for the diff in taxes and mail it in? Any repercussions after the state was made whole?
As far as I know they never contacted seller. The state started talking wage garnishments and crap. So I ended it asap, by sending a check for the additional tax money owed. And considered myself lucky to close it. I was contacted once more but gave the info, and name of representative that I explained the typo about. $250 to $2500 and all is over, but my title does show $250 still.

Now enough about my story, let's hear about yours!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton Stealth Bumper and 11/16" sway bar
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, OMF Wheels & GBC tires, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Utility Rack & Desert II Front Bumper.

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
The founding fathers started shooting over less than this.....sickening that the state will stoop to such levels to double tax something.
A buddy of mine told me that he swapped street bikes with someone, and they both got the letter, and they both had to pay sales tax according to book value on each of there bikes!

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:42 AM

Liked: 3319 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
A buddy of mine told me that he swapped street bikes with someone, and they both got the letter, and they both had to pay sales tax according to book value on each of there bikes!

Nobody around here titles ATV's because if you do you have to pay property tax on them.

When I'm allowed to legally ride my Foreman on the street then I'll pay to register it, until then they can kiss my grits.

Arkansas just passed a bill requiring online retailers to collect sales tax. While I understand that it will benefit brick and mortar stores, I discovered that ebay now charges tax on the item AND also charges tax on the shipping!

We have a so called Republican governor who loves to tax people, and the state ended the year with a 295 MILLION dollar surplus, and they're still making sure they get every penny of tax revenue they can.

Our sales tax here is over 10%, we pay personal property tax, and I pay more in state income tax than I do in federal income tax, and that's all with a legislature run by Republicans.

At least the democrats come out and say "We're going to take what you worked for and give it to someone else". Here in Arkansas I think a lot of them just put an R behind their names and kept on doing what they do. We get "Big government and high taxes are bad" followed by tax and spend policies that aren't even close to what was promised during the election, and people keep electing them! Two heads on the same snake.

Like I said, the founding fathers would already be shooting.....

Last edited by Jeepwm69; 07-09-2019 at 09:44 AM.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3209 times
Present day pastured humans haven't a clue how the planet is actually ruled (and whom owns them!) and how everything they are provided to use and interact with everyday actually works. Politics are all phony, govs are all illegitimate, every (s)elected leader is an owned and controlled actor on the same team. Humanity is a hopeless, mentally ill lot afflicted with Stockholm Syndrome... nothing more than gullible livestock... have always been insane and forever will be. Wake up ain't gonna happen on this planet, ever.
Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode