Title transfer Review??? - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 278 times
Garage
I agree about filling out the form and submitting the additional tax for the $2250.00 And it was just a simple over looked mistake/typo? ($250-$2500) I just hope the State don't play hard ball and try and pin me for the tax on there over inflated value @ $6397.27! That i will fight, and will ask for the original title copy, and show them mine from 2010, both which nether are that much money when sold new in 2010.

The revised code they quoted involves falsification to a notary, in the fine print line item 6. Which I fine with, cause if they still have a copy of original title it is marked 2500.
kozzy4444 likes this.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton Stealth Bumper and 11/16" sway bar
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, OMF Wheels & GBC tires, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Utility Rack & Desert II Front Bumper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:45 AM

Liked: 438 times
If the clerk TRULY made a mistake, thats not your fault, simply tell them that, if they have the original bill of sale that shows the selling price was $2500 and she typed in $250 then its not a big deal, simply pay the remaining tax you owe on the $2250 and be done with it.

If the selling price of $2500 was not written anywhere, well.....your screwed!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:44 PM

Liked: 3340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
So glad we don't have to do this crap in Nebraska. I don't even need a title lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
No kidding. In AR you're supposed to title them but nobody does because people don't want to pay property tax on them.

Yall need to move to free states!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 03:30 PM

Liked: 2149 times
well here in PA its actually a LAW< all ATV's MUST be registered in PA and insured on anything BUT your OWN private lands, which FEW have and stay on!
a scam of sorts to see they get a slice of your money IMO
BUT one fine for NOT having it can cost more than paying for it(well all but Insurance maybe, that adds up over the yrs)
but I like having insurance on mine, peace of mind should it grow legs or a bad crash
and its cheap, or I think so, under 70 bucks a yr for me

but agree, if there is a bill of sale , that shows the $2500.00 and its a typo on the title shop
you should ONLY be required to pay the difference
that's what I would fight for any how
small things can make a big wave at times

so better to clear up now and right, and get on with things
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 04:38 PM

Liked: 69 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
So glad we don't have to do this crap in Nebraska. I don't even need a title lol

No kidding. In AR you're supposed to title them but nobody does because people don't want to pay property tax on them.

Yall need to move to free states!
You're suppsed to here too, but since the 450r was manufatured before Jan 1st, 2004, I don't need one. They might change the law here shortly, a bill that required everone to register thier atvs was brought up last year, and stuck down immediately by the goverener due to an overwhelming puplic uproar over the deal, and the fact that none of the money would have gone to the ONE state run ohv park in Nebraska.
If they do bring it back up in the unicameral and it passes, I'm SOL. I'll need to buy a titled frame and swap it all over.

2004 trx450r
Rossier exhaust
Ported head
Early HRC cam
+3 stroke
+2bore
13:1 JE piston
42.5mm FCR
UNI
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 05:02 PM

99% of my riding is on our land and our neighbors land. If they ever require it here I'll just ignore it
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 05:38 PM

Liked: 65 times
I bought a farm truck in the summer, Paid 800 for it and wrote down less than that on the bill of sale, anyway it was a bucket of rust, pieces were falling off and it needed a lot of work, went to transfer the ownership and the lady said it wasn't old enough and that they had to tax me on the blackbook value of $4500. I damn near fell over, I was incredulous. I said look here lady it's a 2001 F150 farm truck its a raging pile of trash, do you want to see a picture? She said oh no it doesn't matter the condition it's not old enough to go by that price.

Goes to show the government wants it's finger in the pie. they've taxed this truck three times now is that not enough. The used vehicle tax is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of, huge money grab.
Jeepwm69 likes this.

-2007 King Quad 450 (Work Horse)
-1984 Honda TRX200 (Donor)
-1989 Skidoo Mach 1 (Play Toy/Winter Headache)
-1966 Series IIA Land Rover (Major Project)
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 07:05 AM

I would pay the difference and blame the title Dept for the error. Then you won't have to worry about it latter. That is a high misdemeanor in Ohio.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGav View Post
I bought a farm truck in the summer, Paid 800 for it and wrote down less than that on the bill of sale, anyway it was a bucket of rust, pieces were falling off and it needed a lot of work, went to transfer the ownership and the lady said it wasn't old enough and that they had to tax me on the blackbook value of $4500. I damn near fell over, I was incredulous. I said look here lady it's a 2001 F150 farm truck its a raging pile of trash, do you want to see a picture? She said oh no it doesn't matter the condition it's not old enough to go by that price.

Goes to show the government wants it's finger in the pie. they've taxed this truck three times now is that not enough. The used vehicle tax is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of, huge money grab.
It is always stuck in my craw but you have to pay sales tax on a used vehicle. Tax has already been paid on that vehicle
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:04 PM

@M_Quick bringing this thread from the grave!

I got the same letter... What ended up happening with this situation?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Last edited by kozzy4444; 07-08-2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Update?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode