rancher or brute? - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

I mainly ride trails and do some creek riding and a good bit of mudding. i run over a decent bit of rocks and roots.

It's all fun and games till someone says " watch this " then its hilarious.

I make the big bores wish the could be me!!!!!!

06' Honda Recon- K&N air filter, 2,500lb winch, rancher rims with 24'' GBC dirt devils, home made snorkle, Dynojet kit, 1.5" spacers, and a 2'' lift kit

91' Honda Fourtrax 4X4- itp wheels, rest stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM

If you like to go fast and don't care about the big price diff. then get the brute. I have a 09 750i and there is noway I'd buy a rancher, unless it was for my 12 yr old or my o'lady. Not saying there is anything wrong with a rancher, I think it's a great quad, my buddy has one, I'm just spoiled by the power and ride of the brute. If you get a rancher just get the es 4x4 not the auto, I've read about it and it sound like junk. A 5speed with rev. will be more fun, and if you get a brute having a belt isn't bad, you're alawys in the right gear and if you take care of your shit your belt won't get wet. I've had mine up to the seat in water and never had a problem.

2000 400ex
Wossner 12.5:1 416 piston, Stage 2 hot cam, kibblewhite valves and springs, mild port job, billet clutch basket, Curtis Sparks ceramic coated exhaust, 1 down 1 up gearing, razr 2 fronts HD rears, powder coated (white) and gusseted frame, works tr front shocks, bunch of Pro Armor, ect. ect.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 04:40 PM

The new rancher AT is actually very nice. It's not the old hondamatic.

The problems in America arenít from liberals or conservatives, democrats or republicans.

The problems are bigots, hate mongers, fear peddlers and opportunists. History has shown that those people are far more dangerous than a few guys who talk differently or wear funny hats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 PM

.. and the auto rancher has independent rear = more clearance
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:15 PM

Ranchers are slow. I love mine but i wish it had more power as well. Best handling quad ive ever ridden though

2003 Bombardier Quest 650
2005 Honda Rancher 400, 25" Kenda Bearclaws, Mad Dog gun rack, Cup Holder, Custom Audiopipe, .50 cal Ammo Can
Coming soon: Improved metal floorboards

I'm offended by political jokes. Too often they get elected.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 05:46 AM

check out my Other Quads folder to see my brute

2000 400ex
Wossner 12.5:1 416 piston, Stage 2 hot cam, kibblewhite valves and springs, mild port job, billet clutch basket, Curtis Sparks ceramic coated exhaust, 1 down 1 up gearing, razr 2 fronts HD rears, powder coated (white) and gusseted frame, works tr front shocks, bunch of Pro Armor, ect. ect.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode