Honda ATV Forum banner

Honda 300ex

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SlammedRanger 
#1 ·
I think i just stumbled upon a wicked deal...

The guy working on my brother's quad let me try a 300ex he had for sale. I didn't get specifics, it looked to be a late nineties, early two thousands. It still gets better. It had a widened rear axel, high compression piston (ported and polished), full exhaust (I forget the brand), and a few aftermarket accessories like nerf bars and bumpers. There were no visible leaks that I could see, and after I took it for a spin it ran really well.

The motor was just redone by the guy and he is getting older and doesn't ride as much, so it is definitely not abused. I bought my current quad from the same guy and have had no problems with that either. With all these mods, the guy was lookong for 1500 to 2000. I know that most stock 300ex's in good condition can go for that, so it seems like a good deal. I would only make the guy an offer if i do more research, look it over with a fine tooth comb, and move a bunch of truck parts and other stuff i have lying around.

#2 ·
I live in Gardner so I know the local atv market, selling my 300ex also. What I see is no 300ex (stock) is going for 1500 unless it is something like 07 or newer. Even then they dont move to fast. Seems like most 300ex are selling for about 1k. The motor work might make it sell for over 1500 but not 2k. Now 01-06 400ex are selling for 1500 to 2k. Stronger, faster,newer, for the same $$$$. Good luck!

#3 ·
I meant the lower end of the 1500 to 2k range, like maybe even a tad below 1500. I see a lot of lightly modded 300ex's with only a pipe and maybe a cam go for 12 to 1300, so for the amount of time it would take the guy to rebuild the motor and have it ported 1500 would seem like a reasonable price. i always get a liitle carried away when i see something shiny. lol.

#5 ·
Wow sure would like to sell mine for that much. I keep getting low ball offers. Like 1k or less and i just say i have to much time and money into it to let it go that cheap. Seems like a good deal aslong as the guy who built the motor new his stuff. You can tell if it ticks or knocks or anything like that real fast. But if its fast he probably did a pretty good job. Did he send it away for the P@P or did he do it himself with a dremel that would be a question to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.