300 FourTrax vs 350 Rancher - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4211 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post

if your not a member yet ?, how did you post ??. there are plenty of oem new parts around still for the trx350 ranchers, its the trx300's that parts are hard to get oem new. once you join the site ?, you shouldn't see as many ad's ?, but then again, this site has gotten worse over the years for ads !!..lol.
I don't mind the Ads, thats the way it is but the pop up video like I said. I really don't mind paying for a Membership if it helps.
I have owned off and on Motorcycles and Snowmobiles all my life. Never owned a ATV before just making sure if something goes wrong with the 2006 I can still get parts. Thanks for the reply.
Even carbs for the 04-06 are easy to get. I have an 02, 05 and 06 Rancher. They are great rigs. The trx300 are simpler and more nimble; the Ranchers are larger and have more power. I like the both very much. The trx300 has the 12v special accessory plug; 02 has the standard 12v power plug but the later models donítĖa disappointment
ranchers dont have that much hp over the trx300's , not enough to brag about anyway..lol. the early trx350 ranchers just dont hold up, most i've dealt with either have a crank go out ?, or the piston/cylinder dies an early death ?..lol. mostly from a bad crank.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:52 PM

Liked: 12 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post

I don't mind the Ads, thats the way it is but the pop up video like I said. I really don't mind paying for a Membership if it helps.
I have owned off and on Motorcycles and Snowmobiles all my life. Never owned a ATV before just making sure if something goes wrong with the 2006 I can still get parts. Thanks for the reply.
Even carbs for the 04-06 are easy to get. I have an 02, 05 and 06 Rancher. They are great rigs. The trx300 are simpler and more nimble; the Ranchers are larger and have more power. I like the both very much. The trx300 has the 12v special accessory plug; 02 has the standard 12v power plug but the later models donítóa disappointment
ranchers dont have that much hp over the trx300's , not enough to brag about anyway..lol. the early trx350 ranchers just dont hold up, most i've dealt with either have a crank go out ?, or the piston/cylinder dies an early death ?..lol. mostly from a bad crank.
I have many, many more hundreds of hours wrenching on race bikes
but do the 4 wheelers also and in My HUMBLE opinion on the atv's it comes down to the owners NOT doing basic maintenance ! NEVER check or change the oil !

As they get older and might use a little oil that is never checked or changed, and Yes it dies an early death !
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:57 PM

Liked: 2012 times
Garage
Like Iíve said before I have a 2001 TRX350 thatís been rode hard since new, might have had a half dozen oil changes in its whole life. Heading for 16000kms and 1600 hours and itís only had a few wear parts put on it and the shift drum recall when it was still new. Just starting to burn a little oil now. Itís been as reliable or more reliable than any 300 Iíve been around and itís more comfortable to ride. Maybe under ďextremeĒ conditions they wonít hold up as well, but nothing Iíve encountered in the last 18+ years of ownership as slowed it down any.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goober likes this.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac102004 View Post
Like Iíve said before I have a 2001 TRX350 thatís been rode hard since new, might have had a half dozen oil changes in its whole life. Heading for 16000kms and 1600 hours and itís only had a few wear parts put on it and the shift drum recall when it was still new. Just starting to burn a little oil now. Itís been as reliable or more reliable than any 300 Iíve been around and itís more comfortable to ride. Maybe under ďextremeĒ conditions they wonít hold up as well, but nothing Iíve encountered in the last 18+ years of ownership as slowed it down any.

your missing your center caps !...lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

They didnít come with the rims when I bought them lol

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Like I’ve said before I have a 2001 TRX350 that’s been rode hard since new, might have had a half dozen oil changes in its whole life. Heading for 16000kms and 1600 hours and it’s only had a few wear parts put on it and the shift drum recall when it was still new. Just starting to burn a little oil now. It’s been as reliable or more reliable than any 300 I’ve been around and it’s more comfortable to ride. Maybe under “extreme” conditions they won’t hold up as well, but nothing I’ve encountered in the last 18+ years of ownership as slowed it down any.

They didn’t come with the rims when I bought them lol

I gotta ask !!..in this pic, I notice that the side of the fuel tank reads HONDA, then under it says fourtrax, is that what they put on them where you are ?, I don't recall the trx350 rancher saying '' fourtrax '' on them down here ?..hmmmmm. seems they always said honda , then rancher here. my first thought was '' that almost looks like a trx300 on the fuel tank...lol.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I gotta ask !!..in this pic, I notice that the side of the fuel tank reads HONDA, then under it says fourtrax, is that what they put on them where you are ?, I don't recall the trx350 ranchers says '' fourtrax '' on them down here ?..hmmmmm. seems they always said honda , then rancher here. my first thought was '' that almost looks like a trx300 on the fuel tank...lol.

Yes there are no Ranchers up here for whatever reason, or Recon either. They were all just called Fourtrax. Foremanís, Rubicons and Rinconís we have but no Rancher or Recon.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I gotta ask !!..in this pic, I notice that the side of the fuel tank reads HONDA, then under it says fourtrax, is that what they put on them where you are ?, I don't recall the trx350 ranchers says '' fourtrax '' on them down here ?..hmmmmm. seems they always said honda , then rancher here. my first thought was '' that almost looks like a trx300 on the fuel tank...lol.

Yes there are no Ranchers up here for whatever reason, or Recon either. They were all just called Fourtrax. Foremanís, Rubicons and Rinconís we have but no Rancher or Recon.

ah, ok. yeah..we don't get the reflectors either down here for the racks like ya'll do either, I guess they like to be seen before you get hit up yunder...rofl.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:32 AM

Garage
Yeah I donít know whatís up with the reflectors but guys have been saying the US models are coming with them for 2019 now.

The only other real difference on the 350ís is our TM/FM models have the digital dash on them the same as the ES models do.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
they also offer different meter/displays I believe , meter/displays for you come in KM, as ours says MPH. we're kinda dumb on the conversion...rofl.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode