2006 Honda Rincon 650 - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:51 AM

Liked: 3320 times
Those huge outlaws on the back with tiny front tires is a red flag as well as to how it's been treated. I wouldn't touch that one.
_Wilson_ and SamUK like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Ok Thanks for noticing that. Since it's obviously pre 2006, is $2k too much to pay?

Edit...just saw you comment about the tires....good point, I don't want anything that's been ridden hard. I'm looking for one someone used around the farm and not dogging it out.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:02 AM

Liked: 3320 times
If you see outlaws, it's been ridden hard and mudded. They're expensive, ride like crap, but pull better than just about everything out there. Nobody would have them unless it was a mud bike.
SamUK and GirlsRideToo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:14 PM

Liked: 509 times
Garage
The other big red flag to me is the fact he is misrepresenting the year of the ATV. Is it a typo? Could be, but could be a ploy to increase the value of the ATV, obviously.

I noticed the ATV is in Alabama which does not require a Title. However, if he were to give you a bill of sale showing the year as 2005 he's setting himself up for trouble. In Alabama that is considered fraud equal to rolling back an odometer. It would be a small claim's court matter and you could demand a refund if you discovered the misrepresentation after you purchased the ATV. Selling "As Is" does not mitigate this misrepresentation. I'm speaking from experience, as a buyer.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Ah thanks for the info about the title. I asked him earlier if he had the title and it was mistakenly "lost during a move". Thanks for saving me on avoiding this one.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2103 times
Brakes not working rang alarm bells to me.. One of two things, it’s been a mud bike and they’ve worn out and seized or it’s been stood a long time..

Jeep mentioned the obvious... Outlaws on the rear! I agree with his words, outlaws are mud tyres, usually meaning it’s been worked hard and potentially been upside down in a water hole somewhere.
I’d avoid this one and keep looking rather than putting your cash into a money pit. Look for a foreman or rubicon for farm work, preferably non ES, you won’t be disappointed.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2 lift kit, 28 mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22 LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:45 PM

Liked: 6 times
Garage
Ask for oil change records. Tells you a lot about maintenance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode