aftermarket CV axles - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:38 PM

Liked: 1992 times
I went with this companys axles
http://www.atv.interparts.com/

when I needed to replace mine, well actually I needed to replace torn boots, but figured I just do axles, as they were many yrs old and seen a lot of hard work
They were on EBay for a super deal so I figured I would give them a try, they sold be a pair CHEAP, they CLAIMED stronger than OEM
I used a MIC when I got them and measured all things, splines and all, and they were 100% on spec with the old honda's(had a slight bit more on splines which to me was a good thing LOL
But the main shaft was a littyl;e thicker too, which I gather is where they back up there LIGHTLY stronger than stock axles comes from, little beefier shaft on them!

rubber in boots seemed to be better too, more give,. but mine were again 12+ yrs old so??

the ONLY issue I had with them was the one snap ring they included on one axle was over sized, so I just re used the old OEM on that axle

been a few yrs and a LOT of plowing snow and hard work and there working just fine, for a OEM like replacement, NOT a hard core BIG tire axle, I think there a good deal for the money!
got the two front axles for about a 100 bucks less than OEM one's from Honda at the time??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:51 PM
jdp

Liked: 129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp View Post
Billy: Welcome, I might be wrong but Shadetree isn't there a company called Gorilla axles that makes axles for the Rancher and other Atvs? I heard there almost bomb proof on Ranchers.
your not wrong, there are a few company's that make after market axles ?, but that was not my point. my point is, he said he seen rmatv list them as left and right ?, which means, rmatv, as I said, sells oem Honda axles, from Honda !. they list them on their fich pages :-).
Gorilla is the only company I heard making axles. Lol my bad if I said something wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1993 Honda 300

Seafoam "In every tank"

Mobil1 4T 10w-40 (great stuff)

Superwinch Terra 35/synthetic rope, !/4 inch plate winch mount.

AMS Swampfox front 23x8x11, GBC dirt devils 25x12x9 rear. Soon to be changed to 4x4 wheels rear and STI Black Diamonds all around

Diehard Gold lawn tractor battery in rear storage box.

"Go prepared even if you think you don't need it".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode