honda 300 fourtrax - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 PM

A little update

Got the bed on and added rear springs - you can see them peaking out just below the muffler
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lakeside Trax Truck 2 8 11.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	2105  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 27 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingston lakeside View Post
Got the bed on and added rear springs - you can see them peaking out just below the muffler
Looks like that might turn out pretty good.

Most 4-wheeler problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 05:43 PM

for the buggy, with the weight on the rear end of the bed (when loaded) a full axle tube that spreads the weight out over the rear, instead of just at the bearings at the diff i think it would really benifit you.

jemmy3 did a GREAT write up on the install. not a hard swap, just hope you have a good rear from the get go!!!!!! pretty sure that is what my problem was.

88' 300 fourtrax 2wd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 05:46 PM

like helmut said, once you modify the the bolt up location to the 300 swing arm, its a direct bolt on and go rear.

88' 300 fourtrax 2wd
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6750 times
Garage
250 Fourtrax or TRX350D

I put a 1986 TRX250 Fourtrax rear in my 1996 Honda TRX300 and it was very easy , I had and extra swing arm which made lining everything up and welding it a snap , I was able to do it all on a table , to make a bolt on flange which I welded to the tube I took a center section of a 300 rearend which I had and cut it about 3 inches long , then cut it in half , this sandwiched the axle tube but had a little gap , I took another piece of pipe and cut it like 4 inches and then cut it in half and took about 1/2 inch off the lenght of each piece , slide this pieces under the flange and used a c clamp and squeeze it all together off set the slices and welded down the gap of the pieces , welded it all the way around and unbolted it from the mock up swingarm and put it on the ATV , used a band saw to cut the steel bushing on the lower end of the rear shock flush with the eyelet as it stuck out the rubber about 3/8 on each side , I wanted to use the 250's 25x12x9 tires and rims and the right side hits the muffler on a hard bounce , 1 inch wheel spacers took care of that , there was nothing else to do and I really think the 250 rear end is heavier duty , never done the 350 swop , but read about it and I think there are shock mounts to deal with as it had 2 ---- oh , one other thing was I didn't use the trailer ball hitch plate as the angle was too much on the 300 and thats another project I need to do ------------ need to figure out how to do pics as the 250 axle job looks good

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode