Honda ATV Forum banner

What is high or low hours and mileage?

97K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  TBRider 
#1 · (Edited)
I know it depends a lot on how the machine is used and maintained, but generally speaking, what would be considered high hours and mileage on a 450 air cooled machine?

Lets say a machine is maintained about average and not buried in a mud hole all the time. If the plastics aren't ripped off of it and it's not beat to crap, and assuming it's had at least one oil change ;) would 450 hours and 1100 miles be low, on a 2004 machine?

TRX450 foreman ES, btw.

#5 ·
Yeah, me too. I was sort of kidding, but just sort of asking a general question, assuming that not everyone is as anal as I am. I would hope a machine like that has had at least a half dozen oil changes in it's life.

I just didn't know what might be considered high hours/miles or low hours/miles, and again, I'm aware it depends entirely on it's owner.

I'm looking at one like that, but I don't have it yet so I'm not going to jinx it. :mellow:

#6 ·
Thats not to bad must have done some plowing with those hours.It works out to 2.44 miles per hour average.Mine has 2667 miles and 182.7 hours 14.59mph average.

#7 ·
I have just bought a honda 450 foreman and it was used in forestry, has 650hours on it and 4000 kms, was definetely driven half hard. If driven harder then most would this still be worth keeping paid 2400 for it and will have about 800 more into before everything is fixed is it worth keeping and is this the best place for parts or is there a better sight.

#9 ·
The type of previous use is a huge factor. An atv that has been ridden on the trail for 10k miles could be in better shape than an atv that has been buried in mud and water in 500 miles. Also, modifications such as lifts, snorkles, oversized tires all add to quicker wear and oftentimes, a decrease in performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.