Practical Jokes on the Trails - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6141 times
Garage
Practical Jokes on the Trails

I got to share this with you'll as it was funny , last Sunday we took a ride and I was leading as there are a bunch of followers who ride with us who never want to go first , there are 1/2 a dozen really bad holes that will suck up a bike and you are not getting thru on your own , even though I think I have CRS (Can't Remember things when it comes to fishing. I have a photographic mind of where the holes are and I do cheat as I secretly have the holes marked with reflectors on trees and bushings before the hole and to the opposite side the trail , so I was looking to kick up the fun , one of my buddies is obsessed with deer and hog tracks , he is a pain in the butt about stopping every time he sees a track and checking it out which breaks up the train , my friend shot a big buck and I got him to gave me a foot , and I duct taped it to a broom stick , that morning I took a ride by myself to survey the trails , and marked it up really good , that big buck was every where and I was scraping the bushes with a machete to look like scrapes , so when he seen the tracks and stopped I would go ahead and find the big holes , go onto the other side of the hole and back up right to the edge and park , so here they finally come blazing down the trail going to follow right in my tracks , splash , you would think he would have caught on after a few times , so finally the grand finale , the deepest hole back there he flips off the side the bike and lands in the water , over the top his waders and all that was sticking out was his head , no body was quick enough to get a pic , I just about pee'ed on myself when he got out and says 'I need a cigarette after that ", he pulls the pack out and pours water out of it ------- moral of the story " Don't be a follower , be the story and not the story teller" ------------ give me some good ideas for this weekend !!!! ------------ I am working on a really good one , my friend has a Big Foot suit , thinking of stuffing it with rags and paper , and hanging it from a tree on a rope where it would swing out over the trail and I could hit my wife with it , thinking of getting someone to hold her up so everyone can get ahead and set up , I am just a little afraid she would gas it , run BigFoot over and run up in the trees
Jmm24, misterclean59, Wood and 1 others like this.

Last edited by kentco; 12-23-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 04:01 AM

Liked: 423 times
Hahahaha, sounds like fun.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'91 TRX300FW
'86 TRX125 Project
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 06:14 AM

Liked: 11 times
Probably the worst practical joke on the trail was during a beer break. Someone snuck around and hit the kill switches on every quad. I had the seat off jumping the starter when someone asked if I checked the kill switch.....

Honda 350 Rancher
3500 Badlands winch, with Badlands synthetic rope and Badlands Hawse fairlead
Modded stock exhaust with HMF exhaust tip
Choke delete
Custom snorkel
Trail Tech TTO
25x10 Black Mamba Lites on stock Foreman wheels
2" HighLifter lift

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 02:26 PM

Liked: 6 times
A few years ago (not a trike story, but...) my neighbor was cleaning up his garage and I noticed an old dusty mount of a buck in the junk pile. Asked and got it, put it in the back of the truck and headed for a weekend hunt at the start of deer season. Stopped at this very brushy area on the road and stuck it about fifty feet from the road. Came back on the way home and laughed at all the black skid marks.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 03:21 PM

Liked: 1834 times
this is a snowmobile story
but when me and the guys I rode with in our younger days, of bar hopping on sleds
we used to well, at lets say Pee breaks trail side, someone would jump off there sled and TAKE who ever was making yellow snow
we would do this on 100+ mile runs
and by the time you got back to where you were staying, you just hoped your sled was in the mix!

I have seen guys who hang there helmets upside down on hand bars, have someone fill there helmet with a little beer too, so when put on??

if we got a trail ride late, and others would be there riding, we used to also back up two trucks on the side of there so they couldn;'t open there doors, real close like
one guy back in and other pull in
so we could get in and out easy

can also remember once having a portable welder and welding a chain to a truck to a metal gate pole on a guy or two

lots of silly things over the yrs, many not to be repeated here I think HAHA!
misterclean59 likes this.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I was talking with a guy I know today , and he gave me an idea that I think I can pull off, picture this one , I take them to a nice , prearranged dark stopping spot at night , two 12v mini red led lights to look like eyes and a hand held tape recorder I have that will work off a cigarette lighter power cord , get some alleged recording of howls and growls off you-tube of the Yowee , Skunk Ape , Big Foot or what ever , I could use a bike battery for power and I have a unused remote controller for a winch , "in" could be eyes and "out" the growl , with the recorder on play if the power went out it would stop , turn the power back on and it growls , I think we could separate the men from the boys by who pees their pants and who runs -----I could see playing it up , " Dude , you heard that " , " I heard it again " , "sounds like something walking " " Look at them eyes " , grerrrrrrrrrrr
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 04:23 PM

Liked: 1834 times
I have a remote control game caller with a 250 yrd remote, can get about any sound you want for them
from Lions roaring to attacking ape's LOL
If you go to FOX pro; caller web site they have some sample sound clips
or Johnny Stewart , for the same
if you want to hear some sounds

a really LONG cannon fuse and some fireworks too can get things going! TOO!
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 04:24 PM

Liked: 17 times
I had buddy run his bike out of gas once. He never did find out who set the fuel switch on reserve. Lol

Current rides.

1993 Honda fourtrax 4x4 300 red. Custom snorkel, 24in mudlites 2 inch lift, custom quick change mufflers with cheap tractor pipe or oem pipe, warn 242. .
1992 Honda fourtrax 300, work in progress
197? Coot utv 20hp Honda generator engine in it
1974 cj 5 jeep.
1986 Chevy cucv (military k30) daily driver/tow rig.
Polaris RZR 900. Don't laugh.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I like that one , 'coker , I think turning off all the pet cocks at the same time could be cool , they would all take off , then run the fuel out the carb and hose then go down one behind the other ------------I thought about swopping keys from one bike to the other , but some have key chains that would throw it off ------ unplugging the headlight or spark plug wire ------------- big , long , fat , rubber snake ------- thought about tying the rear end to a tree , but I could see rear ends getting ripped out if I gave them too much slack
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 08:26 PM

Liked: 17 times
Thanks.
I can't take full credit because i was helping a buddy pull that one.
I like the unplugging plugs. You could pull the spark plug and if you bike has one leave it in the cup holder.
If the bike has soft rubber hydro brake lines pull the brake handle all the way and clamp the line to hold the brakes. Bike won't move and levers look normal.
If you do chain up the bike only give 6 inchs of slack.

Current rides.

1993 Honda fourtrax 4x4 300 red. Custom snorkel, 24in mudlites 2 inch lift, custom quick change mufflers with cheap tractor pipe or oem pipe, warn 242. .
1992 Honda fourtrax 300, work in progress
197? Coot utv 20hp Honda generator engine in it
1974 cj 5 jeep.
1986 Chevy cucv (military k30) daily driver/tow rig.
Polaris RZR 900. Don't laugh.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode