Harbor freight Badland 2500 lb winch..any good - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 12 times
thanks for your thoughts. Price attractive but may need something more dependable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 PM

Liked: 2 times
Buy a good one. I went with the Warn 2500 that the Honda dealer recommended. When you drive into places feeling comfortable because you have a winch its good to have one that will work! The instructions that came with winch, mounting plate and accessory harness made it a breeze to install. It was pricey , but all good things are.
post #23 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 08:22 PM

Liked: 179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk69 View Post
thanks for your thoughts. Price attractive but may need something more dependable.
Check out these superwinches below. I highly reccomend superwinch over earn simply because they are the same thing But different names and prices!!
The first link is to the lt3000 which is the one I have in my rincon and have been plowing with it all winter and havnt had one problem.

Amazon.com: Superwinch 1130220 LT3000ATV 12 VDC winch 3,000lbs/1360kg with roller fairlead, mount plate, handlebar rocker switch, and handheld remote: Automotive

Amazon.com: Superwinch 1120210 LT2000 12-Volt ATV Winch (2,000 lb Capacity): Automotive

Amazon.com: Superwinch LT2000 12V Utility Winch (2,000lb): Automotive

Amazon.com: Superwinch 1135220 Terra 35 3500lbs/1591kg single line pull with roller fairlead, handlebar mnt toggle, handheld remote: Automotive

2006 Honda Rincon 680 4x4 CAMO
4000 miles and 700 hours
26" Tusk Trilobite HD on 12" STI HD3 wheels
26" Tusk Trilobite HD on stock wheels for plowing
Big Red Final Shifter Mod
Uni Air Filter
Warn Provantage 3500-S
High Lifter Springs
Quad Boss 2" Receiver Hitch
Heated Hand Grips & Thumb warmer
60" Quad Boss Snow Plow
2 Cree Led light Cubes
EBC severe duty brakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 10:37 PM

Liked: 67 times
I agree. Buy a good one. Get the badlands 3500.

I won't put down superwinch because I don't have one but I can tell you that based on the experience with mine and the one mounted on a friends rincon, the badlands 3500 is not the "Chinese outlet store" crap that everyone here is saying it is. Considering that none of them own one, I'm not sure how they've become such an authority on the subject. I own one. I ride around with it under water. Pull from stupid angles. Hung my rancher from a tree with it last weekend so I could spray down the bottom. You guys can all keep telling each other what a great decision you made to spend more money for the superwinch. Seems to me that you spent probably twice as much as I did, if not more, to buy a winch that's doing the same thing mine is doing.

Fyi - I am only referring to the 3500. Please don't tell me about your friends that had a different model and how it was crap so this one is crap too.
post #25 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4279 times
Garage
I use nothing but warn for my winches, they are not cheap !..lol. as for the tire changer ?, my bud has one at his shop I use a lot !. it has the bead breaker on the bottom, and the tire mounting and removing on the top part. the top part works pretty good for the most part. the bead breaker on the other hand on the bottom ?..mehh..junk !..lol. the metal part is too soft..its not curved to fit tight against the rim where the bead is ?..this leads to it just pushing off the bead ?, or it will bend !..lol. would I buy one ?..heck no !, not even if it was 3 dollars !!..lol. I can use my truck to drive the bead off the rims on anything I work on. works just as good, if not better than anything from harbor freight !..lol. save your money.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #26 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 01:12 AM

Liked: 8 times
Sometimes cheap tools are necessary. Some of you talking about spend the extra money, I would like to see you buy a 2" wrench off a tool truck or even a craftsman just for it to get beat on with a 4lbs sledge lol. Not me. As far as the winch, I have no experience with the 2500. My uncle has the 12,000lbs badland on his car trailer and we drag all kinds of stupid stuff with it. He does a lot of scrapping so it gets used a lot. Biggest thing i can think of that he pulled was a 1980 something White combine. It didnt struggle at all. Its had the tounge of an 18' camper drop on it and its still going strong after 4ish years of hard use. I think that says a good bit about it, then again it might have been made on a Wednesday lol. I also have a friend that runs a tow business that had a 12,000 on one of his rollbacks, he didnt have any complaints other that the wired remote kept screwing up.

2015 rubicon:
12x7 DWT Diablo beadlocks
26" executioners
2500# warn winch
post #27 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 07:07 AM

Liked: 11 times
To whichever of the administrators that merged these three threads together. I get it you don't like Harbor Freight. Well some of us aren't blessed with unlimited bank accounts and have to do with what we have. This sometimes means we don't pay for the best brand names. But merging these three together made the information contained within them so confusing that the thread is worthless. I understand merging threads together when they are on the same subject to keep the site a little more "clean" looking. But to us this was three different subject: winches, welders, and bead breakers. To you apparently just Chinese junk. I do thank you for your service to the site, but I wish you would not let your "opinions" over rule every one else's.
Bryan and TennesseeCountryBoy like this.
post #28 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 07:18 AM

Harbor freight Badland 2500 lb winch..any good

I do but some hf tools and they have good and abused. We are talking a $10 set. I had a cheap eBay winch on my other bike and it was good. Didn't use it much or pull heavy loads with it. If I was getting one of these hf winches I would buy the next size bigger than what I wanted.

Lifting a plow blade 100's of times a day is a lot different than winching out a stuck quad or pulling a log off the road where winch is running at or near full load the entire time.

Last edited by lugnutzz; 02-28-2015 at 03:39 PM.
post #29 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 AM

Liked: 67 times
What doofus decided to merge these threads, anyway?
post #30 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4279 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by convict1997 View Post
What doofus decided to merge these threads, anyway?
wasn't me this time !..lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode