Terrible Accident / Take Care - Page 8 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 7041 times
Garage
This looks like a terrible accident waiting to happen , but then it looks fun too !

https://www.facebook.com/gazvideos/v...53193121/?t=67
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Yesterday evening we were on the patio cooking and drinking some brewskis , when my phone rings and my neighbor tells me that one of my crew just went in the ditch , I said everyone is here right now , so the wife , a couple of buddies and myself took a ride down there on the golf cart to see what was up , or should I say upside down, a very clean red Suzuki Eiger with very nicely polished vintage ITP 4 slot mags ( had to add that in for visual enhancement) was up side down in the 4 ft ditch , the guy riding it had lost one of his shoes and was busted up pretty good , he had a black eye already and a few cuts on his face and lightly bleeding and kept rubbing his ribs , right off the bat I could see this guy was 3 sheets in the wind and never seen him before , he said he was ok and walking around , how this dude wasn't in the hospital I don't know , my neighbor said he was going very fast and just went off to the side and into the ditch , the bike was 180 degrees turned around and facing the opposite way he was going and upside down , so 3 of us jumped in the ditch and flipped the bike over , there was no coming out the side the ditch as it is too steep , so drove the bike thru the ditch till the next culvert and climbd out there

so come to find out this guy was 5 miles from his house and by himself , I asked how did you get to here , he said he rode down the bike trace , I offered him to leave the bike at my house , call and get a ride or we would drive him home and he come get the bike when he sobered up with a trailer or truck , but he said no , my buddy comes over to me and says that we should take the keys out the bike cause those guy is going to hurt himself or someone else , but he took off before we could , about 20 minutes later , right at dark , my buddy was leaving and called on the phone when he crossed the bicycle trace and said when he looked down the trace he could see the guy , the bike and flashing lights of the trace ranger vehicle , this dude is in big trouble I would guess , Live PD was on last night and they film in Slidell , I am the second house in Lacombe on the Slidell side , so he was in Slidell when he got rounded up , but when I watched Live PD last night found out they just stopped filming this weekend in Slidell , he would have made the cut for sure ------- I feel bad now that we never took his keys when we had a chance , but I could only imagine how that would have went , stuff happens so fast , nobody even got a pic of the bike in the ditch ---- that's the kind of stuff that makes it bad on other riders
post #73 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:25 AM

Liked: 2146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Yesterday evening we were on the patio cooking and drinking some brewskis , when my phone rings and my neighbor tells me that one of my crew just went in the ditch , I said everyone is here right now , so the wife , a couple of buddies and myself took a ride down there on the golf cart to see what was up , or should I say upside down, a very clean red Suzuki Eiger with very nicely polished vintage ITP 4 slot mags ( had to add that in for visual enhancement) was up side down in the 4 ft ditch , the guy riding it had lost one of his shoes and was busted up pretty good , he had a black eye already and a few cuts on his face and lightly bleeding and kept rubbing his ribs , right off the bat I could see this guy was 3 sheets in the wind and never seen him before , he said he was ok and walking around , how this dude wasn't in the hospital I don't know , my neighbor said he was going very fast and just went off to the side and into the ditch , the bike was 180 degrees turned around and facing the opposite way he was going and upside down , so 3 of us jumped in the ditch and flipped the bike over , there was no coming out the side the ditch as it is too steep , so drove the bike thru the ditch till the next culvert and climbd out there

so come to find out this guy was 5 miles from his house and by himself , I asked how did you get to here , he said he rode down the bike trace , I offered him to leave the bike at my house , call and get a ride or we would drive him home and he come get the bike when he sobered up with a trailer or truck , but he said no , my buddy comes over to me and says that we should take the keys out the bike cause those guy is going to hurt himself or someone else , but he took off before we could , about 20 minutes later , right at dark , my buddy was leaving and called on the phone when he crossed the bicycle trace and said when he looked down the trace he could see the guy , the bike and flashing lights of the trace ranger vehicle , this dude is in big trouble I would guess , Live PD was on last night and they film in Slidell , I am the second house in Lacombe on the Slidell side , so he was in Slidell when he got rounded up , but when I watched Live PD last night found out they just stopped filming this weekend in Slidell , he would have made the cut for sure ------- I feel bad now that we never took his keys when we had a chance , but I could only imagine how that would have went , stuff happens so fast , nobody even got a pic of the bike in the ditch ---- that's the kind of stuff that makes it bad on other riders
and maybe another reason why to wear a helmet
but doubt many will, they all prefer to roll the dice!
not bashing just saying, as I too am guilty of not wearing one at times!
but have had one on a bunch of times that I am sure saved me from a lot of extra pain and damage!
fishfiles likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Terrible accident , my neighbor was going to the store Friday evening , got to the Highway and went to turn on to the road and a crotch rocket Suzuki GSX hit him in the drivers door , 3 witnesses stopped and all said the bike was passing them on the two lane highway , like they were standing still , estimated he was going well over 100mph , the driver who was 22 years old was launched off of the bike flew over the truck , hit the street sign , pulled it out the ground and was killed
post #75 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:22 AM

Liked: 3325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Terrible accident , my neighbor was going to the store Friday evening , got to the Highway and went to turn on to the road and a crotch rocket Suzuki GSX hit him in the drivers door , 3 witnesses stopped and all said the bike was passing them on the two lane highway , like they were standing still , estimated he was going well over 100mph , the driver who was 22 years old was launched off of the bike flew over the truck , hit the street sign , pulled it out the ground and was killed

How's your neighbor? Sounds like Darwin took care of the rider.
post #76 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Neighbor came out fine physically , he is serious messed up mentally because of the death and very worried that he can be charged will neglect homicide and sued in civil court for wrongful death , I don't know the law that well to know if that is true , but that is what he is saying ------ they made him blow in the tube for alcohol and he was 0.00 and took his blood for drugs and he says he has no worries there , they also took the blood from the guy that got killed
post #77 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:20 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
How's your neighbor? Sounds like Darwin took care of the rider.
What does Darwin mean? evolution?
i am serious, when i ask.. just curious and curiouser..
besides,, i might use the phrase myself..

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 08-05-2019 at 06:28 PM.
post #78 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:35 PM

Liked: 2146 times
that's a bad accident for sure
as for if he can be sued for wrongful death, that will sort of come down to who was the cause of the accident, if it ends up being HIM(and doesn;t sound like it will be), then YES he can be sued for it, his insurance company will cover what ever coverage's he has in costs, but , unfortunately there can be jail time when a person driving causes a death to someone else, even IF an accident more or less, driving does have a certain level of responsibility to it

MOST times, its a short sentence and a lot of parole and community service
I actually served on a jury of a accident something like this, but driver that pulled out was drunk, so was , all on him due to being impaired, even though other driver was speeding?(a car not a bike)
best thing your neighbor can do is get a GOOD attorney and STOP talking to anyone about it besides them!
words get twisted was too easy and broadcast ed world wide and can come back to haunt one real fast these days!
and I wouldn't even be talking to law enforcement for sure without attorney present, or better yet speaking for him!
post #79 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:56 PM

Liked: 1892 times
Garage
That's rough fish, i hope your friend doesn't study on this too much.

Quote:
he is serious messed up mentally
Completely understandable ^^^ i still think about andy, what a waist, i reckon you never ACTUALLY stop being friends.

Quote:
Darwin took care of the rider.
I believe he meant natural selection.
fishfiles and Jeepwm69 like this.
post #80 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Yesterday at lunch people where talking about this wreck , seems a lot of people know the guy that died and he is well known for busting on it and no one was surprised that it happened , word was " just was just a matter of time " --- also heard what happen was he passed a car right before the side street where it happened , there was another car coming head on and he had to swerve back into the right lane , and couldn't get back over to the left lane to avoid the truck turning into the right lane , makes sense why my neighbor couldn't see him coming as he was in the opposite lane on a motorcycle going 100+ mph and switched lanes a second before it happened

Only thing might save my neighbor is that there are 3 separate eye witnesses that stopped and gave a statement , they had no choice but to stop as the highway was not passable after the wreck , all said the motorcycle was passing cars at a high rate of speed ----and the store on the corner has surveillance cameras pointing right at the corner

these same cameras filmed a major wreck a couple of years back , a car with bald tires on a wet street tried to stop for a turning car at this same intersection , the car was heading west bound , it spun around 6 times and when finished spinning was pointing the opposite direction in the other lane when a 18 wheel trailer dump truck hit him from the rear going 55 mph , the car and the truck burned to the ground , the aluminum rims and fiberglass hood of the truck where melted gone , the driver of the car was pulled from the car by the dump truck driver while the car was on fire , then he lied to troopers and said he was east bound and the truck hit him from the rear as he was stopped and trying to turn into the store , the video from the store proved that wrong , it got the truck out of trouble , but the car only had liability insurance , the truck was destroyed and last time I talked with the guy , he got nothing from the car's driver
Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode