2020 Rubi - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 2 times
2020 Rubi

Got the new 2020 Rubicon Deluxe.
Looking to upgrade tires torn between 27 9 12 27 11 12 or going only one size up with the 26 9/11 12s.... comes with 25s8/10 12s These I'm throwing on the 2015 rancher. Be an upgrade for the wifes bike. My question is do I need to worry about the 27s being too big or heavy ? Going with the ams slingshots good reviews/price and under 30lbs I believe.... new bike not looking to throw a reduction kit on it.
Trail mud rock I ride it all in Nova Scotia we have clay, sand rock and winter.. anyone running them as 27in? Any opinions?

Thanks Gloose
creed82 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:02 AM

Liked: 2141 times
I think with the slight HP increase and CC's
running 27's can be done better now than ever, I personally would stick to 26's
but know I am not the majority of folks with this idea LOL

a half inch of ground clearance ain;t worth loosing any power over to me
heck odds are if it was me I'd urn the 25's a while and see how much power it has first too, and THEN decide
not many miles or seat time on any 2020's to know any better to be honest! to give a 100% yes or no, its actually better on larger tires than the older rubi's have been !
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Liked: 284 times
I wouldn't go any bigger than 27's as yours is a dtc and there are no upgrades for your clutch. I have 26's on mine and have no problems turning them.

2017 Rubicon TRX500FM6
2500 lb KFI winch and KFI mount
VIP Flare windshield with mirrors
26" Maxxis Bighorns
72W 9" LED light bar
Heated handlebars and thumb warmer
K&N Oil filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 2 times
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will stay with the 26, 90 bucks cheaper for the set too...
I have 300km on it so far it pulls alot harder then my 420... the 25s will look good on 420 i want the 26 at least on my Rubi... thanks again
Gloose
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3211 times
Gloosekap, I have an offtopic question for ya since you have the 1st new 520 that I've seen here, hope ya don't mind me asking...? In your opinion, are the new 520s loaded down with more sensors/electronics/wiring harnesses etc, than the recent year models were? Thanks.
mrbb and _Wilson_ like this.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Gloosekap, I have an offtopic question for ya since you have the 1st new 520 that I've seen here, hope ya don't mind me asking...? In your opinion, are the new 520s loaded down with more sensors/electronics/wiring harnesses etc, than the recent year models were? Thanks.
sorry just a guess here, but I would think they HAVE to be loaded with all sorts of sensors and idiot things controlled electronically

what vehicle made today doesn't have more than the older model it replaced>
just never seems to go the other way IMO
as people just seem to want more and more tsch to do things we once did ourselves just fine, lazy people like things doing everything for them, and were becoming a world full of real lazy people IMO!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3211 times
Gizmos and gadgets are generally useful devices... its the electronic padlocks and microprocessor-controls that bother me the most, as they serve no useful purpose on machinery except to victimize the hapless/helpless consumer. Electronic controls are corporate tools for stealing money out of wallets via predictable/enforceable intervals. It won't be long 'till 30% of the net weight of an ATV consists of sensors and wiring harnesses.... oh wait, most of them are already overweight electro-turds aren't they....!!!! :-(

Electronic padlock devices are destroying one of my favorite hobbies. And they're contributing to killing off popular forums like this one. Its time we back up a bit... stop supporting this creeping problem. Thats my .02.
Jeepwm69, Nanook12 and _Wilson_ like this.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Gizmos and gadgets are generally useful devices... its the electronic padlocks and microprocessor-controls that bother me the most, as they serve no useful purpose on machinery except to victimize the hapless/helpless consumer. Electronic controls are corporate tools for stealing money out of wallets via predictable/enforceable intervals. It won't be long 'till 30% of the net weight of an ATV consists of sensors and wiring harnesses.... oh wait, most of them are already overweight electro-turds aren't they....!!!! :-(

Electronic padlock devices are destroying one of my favorite hobbies. And they're contributing to killing off popular forums like this one. Its time we back up a bit... stop supporting this creeping problem. Thats my .02.
well I can agree with you to a point
but Gizmos and gadget IMO are making a lot of folks DUMB and unable to do simple things without them, and becoming super dependent on them to get by, which I DO"T think is a good thing at all

the amount of people I deal with anymore that have NO common sense is amazing, and I feel a lot of is it due to, they never LEARN things, they count on being able to look things up when needed and forget it as soon as there done

smart phones has already IMO made people dumber
MORE High tech yes, but they sure made a lot of folks loose simple skills and abilities
its a lot like older folks have NO clue what modern people do on electronics these days(I know I am far behind in the times) but us older folks also see new folks so unable to do simple things, NO HIGH tech is needed for

I cannot tell you how many kids I see working cash registers that cannot give you change when you give them PAPER money, there so dependent on a computer taking a credit card they don't need to know how to count money I guess??
and this is SAD to me?

Most vehicles will NOT start when the battery in your key fob dies< and this is sad too to me< a cheap battery can prevent your multi ten's of thousand's dollar vehicle from moving LOL

tech,? everyone wants it till it fails then there all left dumbfounded !
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:16 PM

Liked: 284 times
My 17 is full of electronic junk. Everything from the 4x4, diff lock, power steering, O2 sensor, temp control, bla bla bla..... the wiring is retarded.
_Wilson_ and retro like this.

2017 Rubicon TRX500FM6
2500 lb KFI winch and KFI mount
VIP Flare windshield with mirrors
26" Maxxis Bighorns
72W 9" LED light bar
Heated handlebars and thumb warmer
K&N Oil filter
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:32 PM

I put Legacy 589 27s on my 20 Rubicon. Rode 20 miles with the factory tires and 18 with the 589s can't tell much difference as for as power loss.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Message_1565278425359_1565829126749.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	139216  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode