This is why you lurk on FB (already sold) - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeepwm69
  • 3 Post By fishfiles
  • 1 Post By fishfiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 2940 times
This is why you lurk on FB (already sold)

Saw this ad a little bit ago. Already gone, and not close enough for me to have gotten anway, but WOW somebody got a deal.

So FB kinda sucks with all the drama and mouthbreathers, but that seems to be where stuff like this pops up these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	350d.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	136452  
retro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:13 PM

Liked: 4 times
there is one on FB market place I think in Lawrenceville ... it is all apart all parts there with new tires and they are asking 600. Sorry wont let me get the link

Superfluity
2001 Honda 450 ForemanS Fourtrax
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 05:23 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6305 times
Garage
Looked to good to be true and sometimes it is ----did you read about the guy on facebook over the weekend ,he drove like 4 hours to the address the guy gave him that was selling the atv , and when he got there it was a strip club , when he called the guy on the phone , the guy told him go inside and dance a bit and make the rest of the money that you were trying to get me to go down and when you got it all call me back
Jeepwm69, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 10:03 AM

Liked: 4 times
That probably wasn’t the right thing to do, but I can understand the guys frustration,I recently put a motor cycle cover on Craigslist, it was $120.00 new,had it listed for $50.00 it was always on the bike inside never in the weather,people were offering 20.00 and 30.00 for it.I took it down because of all the buttheads’.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 11:40 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6305 times
Garage
when running an add for parts and the first or second question buyers ask is , what is the lowest you will take , I tell them , contact me back in about 3 months and if I still have it to sell , I will think about coming down on the price --- I think that sends the message , if they want it , they better act on it
Jeepwm69 likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 2940 times
If someone asks "What's the least you'll take" I respond with "What's the most you'll pay?"

If you have something posted with a price, it's only the knuckle dragging mouth-breathers who would ask such a question. Why would I tell you right off the bat the lowest price I would take for my item? Are you too lazy to do a respectable back and forth offer/ counteroffer?

I was raised to be respectful. If I see a price that is nowhere near what I'm willing to pay, I just move on, or maybe bookmark it to see if the price drops later. If I see a price that's within reason, I'll make an offer. I never offer less than about 75-80% of asking price unless the ad specifically says "OBO" or "or make offer".

I guess that's why I don't like selling things. I try to put a fair value on what I sell. I normally look at what people are asking for similar items and price my item slightly below the average, or on new items I'll look at ebay/retail and knock off quite a bit. For example I had a new Leupold VXII that retails at $379. Ebay they were bringing around $280-300. All of the online retailers had them at $300 plus tax (around here that's 10%), so I listed one at $275. That put me at about $55 less than ordering from a store, a hair less than ebay (where fakes abound). I figured I'd take $250 for it if someone wanted to negotiate a little.

What did I get? "What's your lowest?", "Bottom dollar, CASH MONEY" (do you think I'm going to take a check from a stranger or swipe my rear with an ebt card?), and "$150 cash today" as if I'm trying to bail myself out of jail and have to have the money right this second.

I'm really, really good at finding bargains. I'm honestly a bit addicted to it, but I'd also rather GIVE something to a friend or family member than I would to take the kinds of offers I tend to get for stuff when I try to sell things.

I've cut back on what I buy now when I find bargains, simply because the hassle of dealing with people isn't worth the little bit I make on most things.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode