What's the attraction to mud ? - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:18 AM

Liked: 2059 times
one thing I'd like to say here also, that if folks DIDN"T ride mud and mod the crap out of things, I doubt tech would be where its at worth the options we have today on ATv's and parts and , just amount of models we have now, due to there are so many different ways folks like to ride atv's

but the extreme riders that go deep and ride things hard, are the guys that are testing products for OEM's without knowing or getting paid,
as these guys are the guys that seem to come up with better parts, mods, and after some time, the oem's start to offer better designed models for ALL , with improved parts.
as if it was not for these heavy mod and extreme riders, we might all be stuck with low hp super slow, ride like a dump truck atv's LOL

these guys are spending there own MONEY testing products for the big company's that end up making money off there work and designs , and advancing the atv's being made
, just look at how many makers now sell MUD machines from the factory, with lifts/big tires and a warranty,
offer better shocks, , lockers, relocated radiators, and such
if it wasn't for the guys riding mud and breaking things all the time, there wouldn't be this stuff from OEM's IMO!

so, I say, have at it guys, beat on, as your actually making better atv's for the rest of us from the factory!
and don't forget tires here too!
tires came a long way since the ATC era! IMO!
so anyone that bashes the mud extreme riders, is only wasting words that end up biting themselves in the butt and slowing down advancing technology for ALL atv's/UTV"S !
wheeler and _Wilson_ like this.

Last edited by mrbb; 05-11-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Liked: 344 times
I am thankful for all of the progress that has been made with ATV technology, and I'm sure glad that I didn't have to go through ANY of the heart ache and work to make that progress happen for the designers and engineers. I just don't have the time in my busy existence to be fixing stuff all the time. Yep, I'm old. And tired. And honestly am glad for all of you that like to go rip up the mud holes and like to fix stuff. I'm tired enough at the end of a work week that I don't need anything else to add to my week. I just look forward to the opportunities to get to ride and see new trails and share old ones with new riders. I do like to see videos and hear stories from more aggressive energetic riders than myself. So keep it up guys cuz it is great entertainment for me, I frankly don't have the guts to even try some of that stuff, let alone the extra $$$$ to fix something if it breaks. Enjoy your selves guys. FF.
shadetree, Macarena Man and mrbb like this.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:22 AM

Liked: 60 times
I find enough mud and Iím not looking for it. Springtime in Alaska is muddy.

2008 Honda Rancher, manual shift, Alum Rubicon (old style) wheels & tires. Warn R/T 2500,
2015 Rubicon, manual shift, 3500SR Terra Superwinch, Strongmade receiver hitch.
2018 Foreman, manual shift, 2500-S Warn Provantage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:36 AM

Liked: 1803 times
Garage
Quote:
up to the headlights..spinning and slinging for hours.
Don't forget ...we're talking extreme ^^^^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode