Ooops from the newbie! - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By GirlsRideToo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 27 times
Ooops from the newbie!

Okay, so YES, I am a bone head!

Yesterday, I went to use the new-to-me TRX300FW. No problem, right? I just changed ALL the fluids & spark plug. Running like a top.

So I start it, and it is running a little rough. I figure, let it warm up. I back it out of the garage. Running pretty rough at this point. Mrs. Mandoo is right there watching. I can see she is not happy. I try to give it gas, it hesitates and stalls. I start it, and it immediately stalls. I can't get it started. Mrs. is giving me the look because of the boat anchor I JUST bought! I'm trying to think what happened. It was fine when I parked it the night before. I didn't touch or adjust ANYTHING. There is PLENTY of fuel in the tank.

*NOTE TO SELF* Turn on the fuel BEFORE you try to ride!

Lesson learned. Wife is happy again. I am happy. Life is good.

I deserve the bone head of the year award!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:15 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 42 times
Haha! You’re not the first to do that!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4210 times
Garage
your not the first, and surely wont be the last to do this !. next will be to remember to put the '' kill switch '' back in the middle !..lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:00 AM

Liked: 39 times
Funny, reminds me of when we were kids my buddies and I would play jokes on each other and one of them would be to turn someones gas off and wait till their wheeler would die and then watch them try to figure out what was wrong with it. That joke only lasted a couple of times, it got to the point you just started checking to make sure your gas was on before taking off. Those were good times.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Liked: 349 times
Garage
That trophy belongs to me, Cat, and you can't have it.

The other day my son called to tell me the key on our Yamaha Big Bear would not turn to start position. I was really upset because I replaced the starter switch a few months ago and couldn't image why it wasn't working.
I walked down to his house to see what was wrong. He inserted the key and, sure enough, it would not turn. I checked everything that might even remotely keep the key from turning. I even fussed at him for letting it sit out in the rain a few days earlier. We tried a tiny amount of WD-40 on the key. Still nothing. Then I noticed something odd. "That's not the keychain I put the key on. Did you put it on a new keychain?" Yep, it was the old key from the old starter switch. Amazing how well it worked when he used the correct key.
Cat Mandoo likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6298 times
Garage
My wife has all of you beat , a couple of weeks back she got off early because of the rain storm , she call me from the home patio and said her key wouldn't open the door , I said I will be home in a couple of hours or ride to New Orleans and get my keys , so she went shopping and I called her when I was getting close , we pulled up at almost the same time , I told her to give me her keys , stuck it right in and turn it and it was open , first try , she was locked out for 3 hours --- still don't know what she was doing wrong
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:26 PM

Liked: 1620 times
Garage
Ha!! Happened twice yesterday going after a load of firewood.....lol! Doesn't pay getting in too much of a hurry .... I haven't had an issue forgetting the petcock YET.... Lol

Quote:
your not the first, and surely wont be the last to do this !. next will be to remember to put the '' kill switch '' back in the middle !..lol.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:36 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
My wife has all of you beat , a couple of weeks back she got off early because of the rain storm , she call me from the home patio and said her key wouldn't open the door , I said I will be home in a couple of hours or ride to New Orleans and get my keys , so she went shopping and I called her when I was getting close , we pulled up at almost the same time , I told her to give me her keys , stuck it right in and turn it and it was open , first try , she was locked out for 3 hours --- still don't know what she was doing wrong
spirit's, gremlins, something of that nature. get me all the time.
the kill switch used to get me till it froze stuck, i been caught by the gas turn off also.
once i was going down a hill, ran out of gas. the reserve would not work, because i was pointing lower then 45 percent. lucky, i had my rope with me. i tied to a tree, made a loop, wound the rope, like a rubber band on a balsa plane. it backed up the atv, i then could shift to neutral, coast down the hill.[ i forgot the part where, i couldnt put it in neutral, it was pointing down to far, i couldnt move it enough ] i costed down the hill, once on level ground, i had gas again. so it goe's

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have to though, to match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 05-09-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in