Honda ATV Forum

Honda ATV Forum (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/)
-   ATV General Discussion (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-general-discussion/)
-   -   Strapping Down (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-general-discussion/128666-strapping-down.html)

wqueb 04-25-2019 12:40 PM

Strapping Down

What is everyone using to tie down on trailer? Just wanting some opinions. & ideas.

mrbb 04-25-2019 01:19 PM

good heavy duty ratchet straps, of them, one on each corner, and I make sure there RATED for the task at hand, and are over rated to be honest by a bunch, rather safe than sorry!
do NOT use cheap thin straps!
and replace them as yrs go by or they get any damages to them, being cuts, tears or SUN dried!

wqueb 04-25-2019 01:55 PM

Thanks I agree with over rated straps. I have that covered.

shadetree 04-25-2019 03:34 PM

I use 2in ratchet straps, anywhere from 6 to 8 on my atvs, depends on how far I am going with it ?. but most times, 4 rated @ 1500lbs working load.

Riverc 04-25-2019 03:36 PM

Ratchet Straps

KoolBreeze 04-25-2019 05:41 PM

I usually use tie downs instead of ratchet straps. The type with the 1 way pull through buckets. I depress the shocks a little and cinch them tight.

M_Quick 04-25-2019 06:31 PM

I installed the e-track system all the way down both sides of my trailer. It makes finding a tie down spot, no problem no matter what you load. I also have the heavy duty e-rings & use h/d ratchet straps. Usually 4 per quad, but I've used 2 on the foot pegs before. And 3, one looped through back rack and 2 on the front, but usually 4 on bigger quads 500 + lbs. Kids quads 50 & 90cc only get 2 straps, and I've been know to strap 2 little quads with the same 2 straps.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Austin92 04-25-2019 07:01 PM

I haul mine in the bed of my truck. I just run one strap from the foot peg down to the gooseneck hitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrbb 04-25-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolBreeze (Post 1283742)
I usually use tie downs instead of ratchet straps. The type with the 1 way pull through buckets. I depress the shocks a little and cinch them tight.

just a FYI

the problem with using these, is many are NOT rated to handle the weight of a 4x4 atv
so your some what asking for a issue?
will you ever have one?
who know's
but a heads up
if there NOT rated to handle the atv
there is chance they can fail!
I would never use them to tow an ATV,or not to go far or fats with it on the trailer!

same thing for those that use w Winch, winches are NOT made to be used as tie downs!, yet IO know so many that do, and its a accident waiting to happen
read the manual on the winch and will see it states DO NOT USE to hold things down

Goober 04-25-2019 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use these Harley Davidson ratchet straps with integrated soft hooks