Honda ATV Forum banner

What do you eat at your riding parties ?

54K views 690 replies 33 participants last post by  LedFTed 
#1 ·
Down here in the Dirty Deep South we take our food seriously , no 4 wheeler party is complete with out a good meal , hot dogs and chili ain't going get it

always looking for some new recipes for something good to eat , come on I know you guys up in the Great White have to have some good moose burger or beaver stew dishes to share !

4th of July coming up soon and it is going to be a major throw down , kinda sucks the 4th being a Tuesday this year

my latest crave has been deep fried in peanut oil , Blooming Onions with Remoulade (rou-ma-lard) sauce , look out , Outback !

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
we have been getting some dyno-mite deer sausage lately , the local wild game processors are coming up with all kinds of concoctions , creole jalapeno and cheese is a good one ------------ horse radish is the stuff , great on a corn beef or brisket sandwich or mix it with Lea and Perrin's , ketchup and lemon juice for boiled or fried shrimp dip ----dam , I am getting hungry now

#7 ·
@fishfiles what kind of season is that one those steaks ? I'm (soon) going to the back side of my place to go camping and ill be taking my grill and ice chest full of grub, ribi streaks baking taters, corn on the cob (in husk) salid and garlic bread.

#9 ·
I use to have about 8 containers of salt , pepper , garlic power , onion power, roasted herbs , etc , etc , little of this little of that , now days I mix all the stuff together in a big container and shake it up , only one container to shake , I put a slice of good butter and some Lea and Perrin's or Chahula Original ( great stuff ) -----I am not that big in to marinating the meat , a zip lock and a bottle of Italian dressing with a shot of Lee&Perrin's works

#12 ·
Sounds good! I do bone chicken thys with Italian dressing, its some kind of good! You should give gunsmoke chili with deer meat or chopped sirloin >90% lean < a try, i always have a gallon froze and ready to thaw n eat on days where I'm too busy to cook, and cowboy beans! Makes for some good eating!

Charcoal grilled steaks for the NASCAR race yesterday marinated for 24. Hours in the fridge till they turn a light brown with Johnny fleemans low sodium, and couple shakes of grill mates Worcestershire pub bugger season.....added a loaded up salad and loaded baked potato

Gordon Ramsey buggers are tops in my book!

Kabobs maybe in a few days ....mushrooms bell peppers red onions zucchini summer squash sirloin and cherry tomatoes with a side of Spanish rice

Got my butcher to hook me up with full leg quarters seasoned with butt rub. Perfect for grilling!

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
i have every grill mate season i saw on the shelf, lol. Thanks! ill be sure let my store manager know, kind of think he's dragging his feet a bit because I've asked for him (a few times) to order some long burn kingsford (still waiting)

Edit:

This is off the hook good! @fishfiles

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/qm4tn926/gunsmoke-chili.html

#21 ·
Thanks! There's just me, so I'll freeze couple and i had planned on grilled corn on the cob ( in husk) and a foil wrapped potato , but there's always that time issue ,and YEAH id like to see one of you fellows cook on a pit fire, and see your camp lay out!

Sweet baby rays? Absolutely! only brand ill use Period! makes a tasty bbq burger.

I haven't mastered making meat balls yet lol, but I'd much have meat ball type spaghetti, then the kind i make (Italian sausage sauce) i have a heavy iron pot i use on tha same grill, i cook the spaghetti sauce in (among other meals)

#22 ·
the wife make the spaghetti sauce from scratch , I cheat , Emeril's garlic sauce , Rotel diced tomatoes and peppers , a can of tomatoes sauce , add in some minched onions , garlic and celery ----the meat balls I find cook better on a cookie sheet in the oven instead of browning them in a pot

we got the ATV cooking channel going on

#23 ·
I cheat to..... Classico jar sauce ...... Grilling it outside plus the hickory taste makes it just a bit better and thanks! I'll try that cookie sheet deal, I can't say that I've ever seen that brand sauce in my local store, but I'll sure look TM

What ingreedants do you mix in with the meat balls to make it hold together

Yup! Outdoor Cooking from hondaatvforums

#24 ·
a couple of raw eggs , some Lee&Perrin's , minced garlic , little bit of bread crumbs (opitional)

Emeril's is Emeril Lagosse , you know that always goes BAM when he throws something in the pot , I have ate at his restaurant a few times and really don't like a lot of things he cooks , too much exotic crap like rosemary , basil , ginger

#26 ·
Hey Larry , we have so many mosquito/gnat sprays right now that it is hard to make a choice , one of my favorites is Swamp Juice , all natural no chemicals , I think it is cactus syrup , it works but expensive ---- the bugs have not been too bad this year , the parish I live in sprays a lot by plane and truck , probably killing us with the over spray

My buddy's friend has a company that installs bug prevention systems on your house and or property , it is a chemical called par-re-thra , from what I have been told it is a plant that only grows in south Africa and Austrailia , it is ok for humans and animals , goes in a spray system install with 1/4 tubing around where ever you want protection , he gave ne some and I spray it with a bug sprayer around the patios , and boy does ever work ,they are no spiders , flies , bees , mosquitos and gnats around , once a week is all I need , they field spray areas like parks for weddings and parties --------I been to a friend's camp in Venice , LA who has the system which sprays a mist on a timer or by remote control switch when ever you want to blast them , Venice is as far as you can go by truck down the Mississippi and the bugs are bad down there at times , we were at his camp and not a bug , walked over to the guy next store camp to see his catch and got ate up like no tomorrow , went back to his camp and not a bug

#49 ·
Hey Larry , we have so many mosquito/gnat sprays right now that it is hard to make a choice , one of my favorites is Swamp Juice , all natural no chemicals , I think it is cactus syrup , it works but expensive ---- the bugs have not been too bad this year , the parish I live in sprays a lot by plane and truck
I'm busted! My bad! Thanks @fishfiles for the swamp juice idea

Them kabobs are Looking good fish! And i managed to get me some of that roasted herb and garlic, just 9 am here and it's already 90 degrees out, looks like grilling might be off the menu for today (we'll see)

#27 ·
Thanks guys! I'm going just a bit off the trail here, but i just got some of that swamp juice, hopefully the chiggers and skeeters will be a thing of the past, soon as the juice gets here.

#28 ·
I think chiggers are the same thing we call red bugs , thank goodness I don't have a chigger problem by me , I have been eaten alive by them in northern Louisiana while hunting , last weekend I did get a tick on my arm , lucky he didn't have time to bite in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.