What do you eat at your riding parties ? - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

528Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 08:01 PM

Liked: 1803 times
Garage
Thanks! There's just me, so I'll freeze couple and i had planned on grilled corn on the cob ( in husk) and a foil wrapped potato , but there's always that time issue ,and YEAH id like to see one of you fellows cook on a pit fire, and see your camp lay out!

Sweet baby rays? Absolutely! only brand ill use Period! makes a tasty bbq burger.

I haven't mastered making meat balls yet lol, but I'd much have meat ball type spaghetti, then the kind i make (Italian sausage sauce) i have a heavy iron pot i use on tha same grill, i cook the spaghetti sauce in (among other meals)

1986 fourtrax trx350, 97 300 fwd.
Fully customizing a 1999 fourtrax 300 fwd.
<<<< Garages.
Oct 15th, Dale Earnhardt jr. Day

Wilson™ aka Termite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6775 times
Garage
the wife make the spaghetti sauce from scratch , I cheat , Emeril's garlic sauce , Rotel diced tomatoes and peppers , a can of tomatoes sauce , add in some minched onions , garlic and celery ----the meat balls I find cook better on a cookie sheet in the oven instead of browning them in a pot

we got the ATV cooking channel going on
post #23 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 09:10 PM

Garage
I cheat to..... Classico jar sauce ...... Grilling it outside plus the hickory taste makes it just a bit better and thanks! I'll try that cookie sheet deal, I can't say that I've ever seen that brand sauce in my local store, but I'll sure look TM

What ingreedants do you mix in with the meat balls to make it hold together

Yup! Outdoor Cooking from hondaatvforums

<<<< Garages.

Wilson™ aka Termite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
a couple of raw eggs , some Lee&Perrin's , minced garlic , little bit of bread crumbs (opitional)

Emeril's is Emeril Lagosse , you know that always goes BAM when he throws something in the pot , I have ate at his restaurant a few times and really don't like a lot of things he cooks , too much exotic crap like rosemary , basil , ginger
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #25 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 09:49 PM

Liked: 344 times
100% deet works on just about everything. You glow in the dark from using it but nothing will crawl on you.. It coats your skin like oil lol... Its basically what they use in the military....
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #26 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Hey Larry , we have so many mosquito/gnat sprays right now that it is hard to make a choice , one of my favorites is Swamp Juice , all natural no chemicals , I think it is cactus syrup , it works but expensive ---- the bugs have not been too bad this year , the parish I live in sprays a lot by plane and truck , probably killing us with the over spray

My buddy's friend has a company that installs bug prevention systems on your house and or property , it is a chemical called par-re-thra , from what I have been told it is a plant that only grows in south Africa and Austrailia , it is ok for humans and animals , goes in a spray system install with 1/4 tubing around where ever you want protection , he gave ne some and I spray it with a bug sprayer around the patios , and boy does ever work ,they are no spiders , flies , bees , mosquitos and gnats around , once a week is all I need , they field spray areas like parks for weddings and parties --------I been to a friend's camp in Venice , LA who has the system which sprays a mist on a timer or by remote control switch when ever you want to blast them , Venice is as far as you can go by truck down the Mississippi and the bugs are bad down there at times , we were at his camp and not a bug , walked over to the guy next store camp to see his catch and got ate up like no tomorrow , went back to his camp and not a bug
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #27 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 12:29 PM

Garage
Thanks guys! I'm going just a bit off the trail here, but i just got some of that swamp juice, hopefully the chiggers and skeeters will be a thing of the past, soon as the juice gets here.

<<<< Garages.

Wilson™ aka Termite
post #28 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I think chiggers are the same thing we call red bugs , thank goodness I don't have a chigger problem by me , I have been eaten alive by them in northern Louisiana while hunting , last weekend I did get a tick on my arm , lucky he didn't have time to bite in
post #29 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 05:46 PM

Garage
I think your right, seems like I've heard them called that here, on a defferent topic, I'm doing kobob Sunday for NASCAR , got all my fixens today. Didn't see that grill mate herb and garlic, bt i did find two more id never seen before smokehouse maple and montreal chicken the store manager was walking t his pickup off early (i guess) so i didn't get to speek with him, but my butcher wants to try the herd and garlic , so, I'm thinking I'll have some soon, i looked high and low for that sauce you mentioned (they done have it) I'm guessing its a higher end sauce. I'll try krogers next time...i plan on trying the meat ball deal Monday

<<<< Garages.

Wilson™ aka Termite
post #30 of 626 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 06:37 PM

Liked: 344 times
I think we call chiggers, Saber tooth crotch crickets lol.. We do not have to many around here but you do see a few but I have never seen any on the woods rides.. Lots of, no see ums in the evening, horse flies, mosquitoes, deer flies.. And they are fast, me and my friend clocked them along side the bike at 27 mph NO JOKE they are fast.

Last edited by Larryw; 06-28-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode