What do you eat at your riding parties ? - Page 11 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

526Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 03:39 PM

Liked: 66 times
Click the image to open in full size.
_Wilson_ and XplicitRacing6 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6523 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
My dog is hounding me as I type cause I am snaking out
XplicitRacing6 and Shadowed like this.
post #103 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogge View Post
Always one of my favorite "guy" meals.....Sika deer tenderloins marinated in mesquite and done rare over the grill, finished with a little Montreal seasoning. I like em with mac and cheese.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Glad I read this, you reminded me that I have a whole Roe Doe in the deep freeze butchered and ready to cook up!
I always find during the winter months that venison is great in a stew, cooked in a slow cooker and served up with dumplings.
Ill repost with some pics this week, Ill get cooking :-)
XplicitRacing6 and retro like this.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2 lift kit, 28 mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22 LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
you'll got me hungry for some deer stew now

the crock pot is my favorite way to cook deer meat stew , we have one called the Ninja , it does a great job and very easy to clean , I have some deer in the freezer also , might have to pull it out this weekend
post #105 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 06:25 AM

Liked: 521 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
you'll got me hungry for some deer stew now

the crock pot is my favorite way to cook deer meat stew , we have one called the Ninja , it does a great job and very easy to clean , I have some deer in the freezer also , might have to pull it out this weekend
Have you ever tried a Pressure Cooker???? I absolutely love mine!! You can saute onions and cook your stew all in one pot. It cooks super fast and tastes better than a crock pot... Well worth the money! I got mine as a Christmas Gift.

• 2001 Honda TRX 416ex
  • 2003 Honda TRX 416ex
  • 1999 Honda 300ex
  • 2014 Polaris 1000 xp Turbo
  • 1998 Yamaha PW 80
post #106 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I have never had a pressure cooker, my Mom did when I was a kid , so the thing is it cooks fast and hard ?

here is the Ninja , it is bad to the bone , you can stove top , slow cook and roast in it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5170.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	869.7 KB
ID:	98385  
retro likes this.
post #107 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 04:08 PM

Garage
No the pressure cooker cooks it extremely fast... Since it cooks it so fast it also uses steam... So every becomes super tender. Meat falling off the bone tender... Ever since i've gotten it i haven't used anything else.

I sound like i'm trying to sell you one lmao.... Hold the phone if you call right now I'll give you two for the price of one!! Take that back call in 10 min and I'll double your order and throw in some recipies.... lmao
misterclean59, retro and Shadowed like this.

• 2001 Honda TRX 416ex
  • 2003 Honda TRX 416ex
  • 1999 Honda 300ex
  • 1998 Yamaha PW 80
post #108 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2912 times
I got a pressure cooker that holds 14 quart canning jars, 7 stacked on 7 with room to spare... Its yuge! Got two smaller ones that hold 7 quart jars each I use for cooking hard, dry beans and other tough stuff up real quick for chili and stews. I like those big crock pot/slow cookers too. That Ninja looks about right to feed a big group! But they won't work on my solar power, so I use a big heavy antique crock on top of the stove for stewing stuff. If I could learn to cook and wash dishes I'd be all set. :-)
XplicitRacing6 likes this.

post #109 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I had no choice to learn to cook , I was the only child and only grandchild , so I spent a lot of time in the kitchen , cutting onions , garlic and grating Romano cheese , as we ate good meals every day the week , stuff you would get in a fine restaurant , my Grandmother loved to cook , it was an all day thing -----

mades me think of a good dish my Grandmother use to make : Bush-a -luna , thin cut baby veal , hammered tender , then rolled around a stuffing , same stuffing in her stuffed artichokes which consisted of bread crumbs , garlic , parsley , Romano cheese and olive oil , after rolling the meat with stuffing you tie the meat with cooking string or thread , fry brown the outside the meat , remove the thread as the meat will keep it's shape after browning , make a red gravy of your choice , stew the meat in the gravy , make a pot of pasta and you got a fine meal , when you cut the meat there is a swirl of meat and stuffing , Bam ! I do the stuffing inside a double cut pork chop with a slice down the side ,
but have not had bush-a-luna in a while

my second job while in high school was at a high end New Orleans restaurant , started as a dish washer , then moved on up to potato and onion peeler and got like a quarter more an hour , then the big jump , assistant to the assistant chef came with like $.50 more and hour , I think it was $2.65 an hour , min wage at the time was $1.90 per hour , I was making big bucks and felt important , I got to boil noodles and bake sweet potatoes , LOL

some good memories there , my buddy who got me the job was second chef , he would ask me what I wanted to eat , I'd say soft shell crab with extra sauce , he'd have a crab in the fryer and break the crab off and then say , I can't serve this crab with the crab off , you eat it
post #110 of 623 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Garage
Wow that's a really cool story ! So cool that you are really good at cooking. I'm better at like grilling meats, that's my specialty.

• 2001 Honda TRX 416ex
  • 2003 Honda TRX 416ex
  • 1999 Honda 300ex
  • 1998 Yamaha PW 80

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode