Moles in the yard update. - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 635 times
Moles in the yard update.

I wanted to confirm to those that are interested that my mole problem is gone. I brought this up in the "of mice and moles" thread a few weeks ago. For those of you that are hearing this for the first time, I am finally rid of my overwhelming mole problem! My solution was to apply a granule that kills grubs. Grubs are the favorite food for moles. Kill the grubs......the moles go elsewhere. It was so effective that last Monday I applied three more 20lb. bags around the perimeter of my yard because there still activity out there. I used Nitro Phos brand granules. 20 lbs. about $16. I applied it very heavy using my Scotts broadcast fertilizer spreader on max. It used a lot of of product but I'm very happy to say the moles are gone and my yard has never been healthier. Perhaps $145 for 3/4 -7/8 acre?
mrbb, fishfiles, _Wilson_ and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 7055 times
Garage
Good deal , I had thought about and mentioned attacking their food source the grub in that mole or mice thread , the Mole Man from the UK joined the forum and I thought we were going to get some tips on mole eradication but he eradicated and not the moles , I have gotten my mole problem under control a bit , they are away from the pump shed and house , still got a few in the yard by the trees --- my method is fun and you get a by product for your money , instead of buying $145 of poison , I drank a $145 of beer and kept peeing in their tunnels , they moved out
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:59 AM

Liked: 1892 times
Garage
Quote:
peeing in their tunnels , they moved out
^^Old school, and it works!
fishfiles, misterclean59 and retro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Good deal , I had thought about and mentioned attacking their food source the grub in that mole or mice thread , the Mole Man from the UK joined the forum and I thought we were going to get some tips on mole eradication but he eradicated and not the moles , I have gotten my mole problem under control a bit , they are away from the pump shed and house , still got a few in the yard by the trees --- my method is fun and you get a by product for your money , instead of buying $145 of poison , I drank a $145 of beer and kept peeing in their tunnels , they moved out
Well my pee must be equivalent to nuclear waste. I live out on my property where no one can see me. I pee'd in the same spot next to my sidewalk for several months. It killed the grass for two years! It is just now coming back.
mrbb, fishfiles, _Wilson_ and 1 others like this.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 7055 times
Garage
I know you ain't lying , my pee kills grass quicker than round up !!!! And it stays dead longer too !!!

I use to have raccoons , possums , bobcats , coyotes and all kinds of critters coming on the patio at night after a party , I would see them on the video , after peeing around the perimeter , they don't come
misterclean59, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3227 times
Y'all are lucky, I'd trade my left arm if'n I could pee on 'em!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tunnel_boring_machine_photoshopped-fake.png
Views:	28
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	137124  

post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:25 PM

Liked: 515 times
Garage
@fishfiles @misterclean59 and @retro
I just spit Pepsi out my nose..... funniest thing I've read in a long time..... Laughing so hard my side hurts..................
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 07:40 AM

Garage
X2 Ya i just had to chuckle @ this thread .... Specially when they copywrited this treatment on sidewalks in portions of California ... OR so i hear.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Well my pee must be equivalent to nuclear waste. I live out on my property where no one can see me. I pee'd in the same spot next to my sidewalk for several months. It killed the grass for two years! It is just now coming back.
You won't it really strong ?? Mix it half with apple cider vinegar... I must have really p----d um off! Lol , cause there GONE! Lol
fishfiles and misterclean59 like this.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:21 AM

Liked: 3340 times
I mowed yesterday afternoon and while I don't have moles, apparently the armadillos are wreaking havoc in my yard. Pretty sure they dig for the same grubs that the moles eat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in