Moles in the yard update. - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:51 AM

Liked: 1804 times
Garage
I believe your right... I've had to deal with those suckers too, talk about, a destructive critter! I usually pop um with the 870 super mag, it never surprises me... Every time i pop one it jumps up, it doesn't matter if its ahead shot or not..... I believe They carry some Purdy bad diseases too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:54 AM

Liked: 3253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
I believe your right... I've had to deal with those suckers too, talk about, a destructive critter! I usually pop um with the 870 super mag, it never surprises me... Every time i pop one it jumps up, it doesn't matter if its ahead shot or not..... I believe They carry some Purdy bad diseases too.
They can carry Leprosy. They can hop for sure when you shoot one. I use my 870 riot gun with some cheap buckshot. It tends to work well.
fishfiles, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:57 AM

Liked: 1804 times
Garage
Yep! Don't they also carry TB ?? I was told never pick um up bare handed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 595 times
They are still out of the yard. They do patrol the perimeter still........proof it works. Applied some brown patch granules........never had a better looking lawn. Ran my rider out of oil yesterday evening! New thread on that momentarily.
fishfiles, Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6793 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
I mowed yesterday afternoon and while I don't have moles, apparently the armadillos are wreaking havoc in my yard. Pretty sure they dig for the same grubs that the moles eat.

Armadillos are open season all year long here , they are on the nuisance list -------yes I have also heard the can carry Def Leppard-see , LOL ------ when you shoot them they can jump 5 ft straight up and tumble and roll around on the ground ---they mess up your yard
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:08 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I been drinking a lot of beer on the weekends and peeing in their tunnels , I am really starting to believe that pee also works well on raccoons , possums , bobcats and coyotes , but not ferrel cats , cause all I have been seeing is cats and squirrels

yesterday I got hit 3 times by what I call ground hornets , I know they come out the ground , cause I seen them , like 50 and I was very lucky I didn't get it worse than I did , boy do they hurt , one got me on the jugular vein on side my neck , my head was pounding and eye ringing ----- I slap one and killed him and have him in a zip-lock , need to post a pic later and see what you guys call them , and tell the whole hornet story , pretty interesting , could only happen to me
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
I been drinking a lot of beer on the weekends and peeing in their tunnels , I am really starting to believe that pee also works well on raccoons , possums , bobcats and coyotes , but not ferrel cats , cause all I have been seeing is cats and squirrels

yesterday I got hit 3 times by what I call ground hornets , I know they come out the ground , cause I seen them , like 50 and I was very lucky I didn't get it worse than I did , boy do they hurt , one got me on the jugular vein on side my neck , my head was pounding and eye ringing ----- I slap one and killed him and have him in a zip-lock , need to post a pic later and see what you guys call them , and tell the whole hornet story , pretty interesting , could only happen to me
Mowing a pasture on my tractor when it feels like boiling water is spraying on the back of my neck. Looking around I see it's what I call ground hornets. I jumped off my tractor while bushhogging, ran along side for a few seconds until the hornets left and then with a perfectly timed jump I'm driving again. I couldn't do that now with my bad knees! Oh yeh........I mow third gear at full throttle........fairly fast LOL
fishfiles, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:21 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
terrible pic -----I was cutting veins on the wood line with a looper , felt a string on my hand , looked and seen it biting me , swashed him and looked up and seen 50 floating in the air in front of me , I ran about 150 towards the house and stopped and started swatting around my clothes with my hat and another one bit me 1 inch from the other bit ( second time that has happen , bitten twice in the same spot ) maybe it is pheromones from when I smashed the other one I don't know , so I brushed off again and went inside to the bathroom and got Benydril pills and paste , went back to the kithen and got a drink and downed a couple of pills and put the paste on and I hear a loud buzz in my ear , I felt the sting in my neck , I slapped and killed him but too late , my neck was hard as a rock last night , I don't know if he followed me into the house or was on my clothes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9c5.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	137554  
misterclean59 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:40 PM

Liked: 3253 times
Yellow Jacket?

Yeah, when you smash one it releases phermones that attract more.
fishfiles and _Wilson_ like this.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

I doesn't look like a yellow jacket to me. There are wasps that are smaller that look like them ........I think it's one of those.
fishfiles likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode