Honda ATV Forum

Honda ATV Forum (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/)
-   Around The Garage (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/around-garage/)
-   -   KY Derby (https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/around-garage/128816-ky-derby.html)

LedFTed 05-04-2019 10:33 PM

KY Derby

i bet today. i try to bet every ky derby. just a thing. the derby race....
i rode enough of them horses. been throwed, been kicked, an had broke bones, etc.
i looked at the ponies, thursday. i picked three. it was out of picture's, i seen, while looking for stats. the pictures, wernt very good, so i picked the ones the had their ears pointing forward, plus the look in their eyes. not much of a system.
before the race, bout an hour or so, i got to see the stats. then i had to figure out, how my online betting account worked. it had been changed since the last derby. so i bet my $1 trifecta, $6, and then i bet another one, after reading the stats.
if it wasn't for the 7, getting disqualified, i would not had won, on my random bet. 8,13,20.. 6 got me, after taxes, $8,700. best $6.oo, i ever spent..
still dont make up for the broken bones an such. but it due make me feel better. :grin

GirlsRideToo 05-04-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LedFTed (Post 1285186)
i bet today. i try to bet every ky derby. just a thing. the derby race....
i rode enough of them horses. been throwed, been kicked, an had broke bones, etc.
i looked at the ponies, thursday. i picked three. it was out of picture's, i seen, while looking for stats. the pictures, wernt very good, so i picked the ones the had their ears pointing forward, plus the look in their eyes. not much of a system.
before the race, bout an hour or so, i got to see the stats. then i had to figure out, how my online betting account worked. it had been changed since the last derby. so i bet my $1 trifecta, $6, and then i bet another one, after reading the stats.
if it wasn't for the 7, getting disqualified, i would not had won, on my random bet. 8,13,20.. 6 got me, after taxes, $8,700. best $6.oo, i ever spent..
still dont make up for the broken bones an such. but it due make me feel better. :grin

Congrats!! That's a great story!

fishfiles 05-05-2019 03:41 AM

Nice score 'Ted , did you pay 38% taxes on the winnings now or when you file at the end of the year ?

I was pulling for the horse that Smith was riding , didn't have the sound on the TV , still don't know what the inquiry was about

fishfiles 05-05-2019 04:02 AM

I found the video of the bump on you tube , was that Smith's horse that was getting blocked out , I know he was wearing pink , but there were three pink colored jockeys in the race

fishfiles 05-05-2019 04:05 AM

I have some friends that went to the race , he was telling me it was $85 to get in , $500 if you wanted a chair , and $1,800 for a table and 4 chairs

GirlsRideToo 05-05-2019 11:05 AM

Wow, watching the replay you can see that War of Will's left front leg went between the rear legs of Maximum Security when this horse shifted out of his lane in the turn. As someone sad, it's amazing that War of Will was able to keep his balance and it was a testament to the horse and jockey. It could have been a horrible event. A horse stumbling and falling is something I cannot watch. It breaks my heart.
Was the disqualification justified? I leave that to the experts. @LedFTed I'd love to hear your opinion.

retro 05-05-2019 11:37 AM

Congrats on your win LedFTed!

LedFTed 05-06-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfiles (Post 1285190)
Nice score 'Ted , did you pay 38% taxes on the winnings now or when you file at the end of the year ?

I was pulling for the horse that Smith was riding , didn't have the sound on the TV , still don't know what the inquiry was about

i just had missed betting smith on the race before. i was going to bet place an show.
i think that, influenced me to stay, with the trifecta i was going to bet, on account of some pictures i seen. 2nd, 3rd, for smith payed off. not to me but paid good.
the inquiry was, that the 7 horse came out of his lane, an moved other horses over.

LedFTed 05-06-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlsRideToo (Post 1285240)
Wow, watching the replay you can see that War of Will's left front leg went between the rear legs of Maximum Security when this horse shifted out of his lane in the turn. As someone sad, it's amazing that War of Will was able to keep his balance and it was a testament to the horse and jockey. It could have been a horrible event. A horse stumbling and falling is something I cannot watch. It breaks my heart.
Was the disqualification justified? I leave that to the experts. @LedFTed I'd love to hear your opinion.

its the 1st time i ever seen, a horse running , with its front legs, between the back legs, of the horse in front of him. it puts a whole new meaning on tail gait-ing.
i seen the rider jerk the reins, to keep from hitting. seeing that; plus the other, horses move to the outside.. it make a mess of your, pace, momentum, and the ground ya got to make up for.
i think it was justified..

fishfiles 05-06-2019 04:14 PM

My buddy that went to the race had $5 on the winner to show and got $135 , he didn't cash the ticket , says he is going to frame it and keep it , as it is history