tool's? - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 460 times
tool's?

i dont know if this would be a tool, or just and interesting use of something it may not have been designed for. now just a short story.
the wooden desk i use in the basement over to me mom's, while i am using the internet, pause,
i inherited it when my dad crossed over. it's wood, heavy, and he put shelves on it in the back.. . an dont know what he did with the other half.. the part i got is 31" from front to back. Anyway,,.
the drawers make noise when ya pull them out. they are just a bit heavy, an like to make noise, plus ya got to tug on them,, out, and push on them in...
it dawned on me tonight i got a can of, "Zeplon, dry spray lubricant, made with teflon",,.. i had this for about 20 years or so. so i got the can and shook it some, got a ball bearing inside, an sprayed it in side the desk, where the drawers make contact. this stuff spray's wet, but it drys a white film when it drys. drying time aint long. with wood it takes a minute, with metal, 5 sec ..
the big drawer is 1'x1', and goes back 23.5 ". instead of a tug, i almost pulled the whole thing out.
i'm going to spray the sides, an any other spots i missed, including the bottom of the drawer.
Jeepwm69, Goober and misterclean59 like this.

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 04-13-2019 at 04:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4273 times
Garage
I just reach for my trusty wd-40 :-).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:04 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6742 times
Garage
I have a couple of different sprays that spray liquid and turn to grease , one is a white lithium it is some old school stuff I have had for 40 years and still sprays ----Garage Door spray works well , it comes out liquid and turns to a very light grease , found it also works very well as a cleaner on plastic parts that are flat / satin finish like the head light assembly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

this stuff work's on wood. if ya put oil on some wood that move's, it swell's up, and is harder to move.
misterclean59 likes this.

"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:44 AM

Liked: 2056 times
there are several types od dry teflon spray, been about a LONG time
its great to use on things that can see dust as they dry lube dust doesn't stick to it and collect and make a mess, and it also doesn't get thicker when temps drop!
nor make a mess when you handle it afterwards
been using it on guns for yrs as well as many other things!
also, for anyone that doesn;t know, there are many easy ways to get NEW/MORE air into a spray can
do a quick search on youtube, tons of easy to follow videos showing you how, you can add more air and or even LIQUIDS back onto a rattle can spray can!
if one wanted, or has any older cans that lost there air and wanted to save/use them up!
LedFTed and GirlsRideToo like this.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

that is most interesting.. its on the scale of; refilling those little green propane can's, from a grill tank, instead of paying way too much money, for a new green can. hope i didn't throw away the can of WD-40. it was near full, before it quit. now i have to go check.
it's time to throw this can away.i warmed it up with my hand's, as to feel the temp., drop, when it got to the liquid. only about 2", in a 13 oz can. i'm almost sure it was half full 5 year's ago, or so.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Gunk, liquid wrench, can just quit working; over 3/4 full. guess i'll be on line, so i can add back the pressure.
plus the newer GE, stove the bottom drawer doesn't have a handle. it's hard to get out.
[like the GE washer, it dont work right nohow. made in china?]

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 04-23-2019 at 12:00 PM.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:18 AM

Liked: 3229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedFTed View Post
Gunk, liquid wrench, can just quit working; over 3/4 full. guess i'll be on line, so i can add back the pressure.
plus the newer GE, stove the bottom drawer doesn't have a handle. it's hard to get out.
[like the GE washer, it dont work right nohow. made in china?]
I hate that. I have a can of Remoil that is 99% full and won't spray. I normally punch a hole in the side and just pour out a little at a time.

As for the stove, I have a nice gas Kenmore that is about 7-8 years old. Of course, like everything else now, has a digital control pad on the top that controls the oven etc. It died last week. Stove burners still worked, but nothing else did. $100+ for a new control board, works again. I swear they make this stuff to NOT last these days. Who puts a circuit board with soldered connections right above stove burners?
misterclean59, LedFTed and retro like this.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:19 PM

Liked: 640 times
I started using this stuff for all sorts of applications recently: https://clenzoil.com/collections/field-range
It cleans things extremely well, and leaves a nice corrosion resistant coating that doesn't get sticky or gummy or evaporate away either. And it treats and conditions leather and wood quite well too. I haven't tested it to see how well it removes copper fouling, but they claim it does. For general gun cleaning and protection I love it though. Makes it so fast to be able to do in one step, especially if you saturate a bore snake with it. I haven't been a big fan of bore snakes in the past, but with clenzoil I find myself using them more now.

It has quite the history behind it, been around since the 1940's. The company was bought in the mid-2000's and was pretty much impossible to find for a while, until it was sold again this time to a more business savvy vet, and is finally easy to purchase and getting easier by the day.

I was first introduced to it when a muzzleloader I bought around 2001 came with some pre-saturated patches. Never bothered to use them much until a few years ago, and found myself really liking the stuff. Then was disappointed to find out I couldn't find it anywhere. That is until recently. With the new owners and now easily available, I bought a couple bottles in liquid form. They'll even send you free samples to try. Just in the last couple weeks I've cleaned and oiled guns, cleaned and treated a pair of shoes, and cleaned up a couple trailer hitch ball mounts with it.
mrbb and Jeepwm69 like this.

2004 TRX400FA (Rancher 400AT)
MotionPro twist throttle kit
12" handlebar mounted light bar
rear rack wheelchair carrier
Cycle Country 48" plow w/ KFI hybrid mount
Champion 3000 lb winch w/ synthetic rope
23" Titan 489's all around (saving clutch)

2011 Grizzly 450 EPS

Others in the family: '04 TRX250TE, '85 TRX250 Utility (X2), '05 TRX90, '06 TRX500FA, '95 TRX400FW,' 88 TRX125
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:41 PM

Liked: 3229 times
What specifically did you get? The spray bottle? (I'm guessing it's all the same stuff in different applicators, right?)

https://clenzoil.com/collections/fie...range-solution

Might have to try some.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode