Bad luck with dealers - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1 times
Bad luck with dealers

less than 5 seconds ago* #12

Ok, update on EPS & diff lock problem. Took atv to local atv shop ( not dealer ). Shop has 15 years experience on atv's. I took him my honda service manual. He had it for 2 weeks and could not figure it out. So, I just bite the bullet and took to local authorized honda dealership. They told me that they could not figure it out. Wanted to start to throw parts at it , even if the part did not fix the problem , I still had to pay for the part. Called other honda dealerships and told my story and of course they said they could figure it out. But when I asked them if they couldn't figure it out and had 8 hours in it at a $100 dollars and hour would I still have to pay? Of course they said yes. I don't mind paying something but not $800 dollars and it is still not fixed. So final outcome will be riding with know PS with diff lock engaged. Thanks Honda for not knowing how to fix your own product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:22 AM

Liked: 1869 times
well, IF I was you I would be contacting Honda directly, and asking them for help.advice/assistance, and see what they say

also, maybe if you started a tread here telling us what the problems issue's are, rather than just trying to bash HONDA, you might actually get some real help

first tread on a forum and all you did was bash Honda, and not even tell us your problem
also hate to tell you thins, but EVERY shop EVERY brand will work the same way, they try and find issue and they CHARGE for that time, unless its under warranty!

nature of the beast,??
Goober and misterclean59 like this.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Ok here we go, 2017 honda rubicon 500 manual shift with eps. When difflock engaged power steering dosen't work. When difflock disengaged power steering works. Now, im not bashing honda products but the dealers I have been dealing with. Yes I do know that dealers have to charge for work like any other business would. It is just wrong and really stupid that a person would let any business work 8 hours and charge $ 800 and say we couldn't fix it. I did contact honda manufacturer and I gave them my vin and they stated that they were never contacted from that dealership for trouble shooting. Also this is not the nature of the beast, this is the honda dealership not being honest.
Goober likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1273 times
Roger that mrbb – random jump off here.

Marine we have no idea what’s up with your quad–year? Model? Modifications? Is this a new login for you, but you’re an old member?

Edit Ok i see your new post.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4199 times
Garage
if out of warranty ?, I would start with down loading the service manual, and dig in !. if its still in warranty ?, then any dealership has to fix it..at no charge !.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
also, with it being a 2017 ?, I doubt any dealership has even seen this happen yet on such a new model ?. did you explain what its doing to honda corp ?, you must stay on top of honda corp, they don't jump the first time you say how high ?!..lol

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
and another reason I dont care for crap like power steering, diff lock, all that fancy crap, just more money wasted to me !..lol.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

It is out of warranty, when I contacted honda manufacturer they said go to my nearest dealership and if they need to they can contact there tech support. But they never did. I just don't understand
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:15 PM

Liked: 1869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine6142 View Post
Ok here we go, 2017 honda rubicon 500 manual shift with eps. When difflock engaged power steering dosen't work. When difflock disengaged power steering works. Now, im not bashing honda products but the dealers I have been dealing with. Yes I do know that dealers have to charge for work like any other business would. It is just wrong and really stupid that a person would let any business work 8 hours and charge $ 800 and say we couldn't fix it. I did contact honda manufacturer and I gave them my vin and they stated that they were never contacted from that dealership for trouble shooting. Also this is not the nature of the beast, this is the honda dealership not being honest.
well based on the ONLY info we have here, is what you posted
NO where did you STATE that honda service dept worked on this atv for 8 ours and wanted to charge you 800 bucks for it
I am GUESSING your basing this on there per hour rate for labor
SO this being said, your throwing out a WHAT IS case deal that IF they DO< TRY and find the problem and 8 hours goes by and they DON"T find a fix, you don;t want to get stuck with a 8 hr charge for labor, and or any NEW parts they throw at it
so your basically getting pissed off at a dealer ship that has yet to TRY and fix the atv for you
HOW do you know that maybe they won't find the problem sooner than your 8 hours?
Honda dealerships like all dealership, have a procedure they go thru to find problems, there TRAINED tech's have to follow protocol to maintain a honda dealership service .
so again it seems to me like your HOT and bothered on WHAT IFS
you first took this atv to a local shop?
NOT back to dealership, and they didn;t even have a device manual, , so them NOT finding your problem doesn't surprise me
as there not HONDA service techs that work on honda models every day!
so it would logically take them a LOT longer IF even to find a problem that maybe a HONDA tech would find FAST, based on experience level they have with the products they work on day in and day out!

you can always take your ATV to a dealer and TELL them, you DON"T want to spend PAST "X" amount in time or labor, to find the issue, you do NOT have to give them free range to go as hog wild as they want on spending of YOUR money

NEXT< your atv is a 2017, there are now 2018 and 2019's out there, this is a 3 yr old model now
and who know's what you have done to it OR NOT.
if its NOT under warranty, sadly name of the game, is, REPAIRS are on YOU
some folks get lucky and things last longer, some DON"T,
again NATURE of the beast
you may not like this, but it is what it is
OEM"s make things so they NEED to be replaced, not last forever, or they wouldn;t keep selling more models if everyone's lasted for ever!
yes 2 yrs and issue's SUCK, but, when you have so many humans involved in building of an atv, and so many that don't give a crap on what they turn out, QC only catches a VERY small amount of issue's before leaving a plant
and this is on EVERY brand today
go on any forum and you will find folks that have issue's with "X brand, and also have folks that NEVER have a problem with "X" brand!

SO< your either going to fix yourself, or PAY someone fix it for you, nature of the beast again!

if your LUCKY< and its a RARE problem HONDA some times will help you, but they DON"T have to either
if you DON"T like the dealership you went to, go to another, there NOT all the same in customer care, this I fully agree with
but HONDA has procedures all MUST follow
until problem is diagnosed, your not going to get it fixed
and HOW long this takes, is unknown at this point, but it IS WHAT IT IS!
options again, solve yourself with your service manual
or again, have to PAY someone else to do so
no one's time is ever free!
misterclean59 likes this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine6142 View Post
It is out of warranty, when I contacted honda manufacturer they said go to my nearest dealership and if they need to they can contact there tech support. But they never did. I just don't understand
they wont contact honda corp...UNTIL THEY HAVE THIER HANDS ON IT..AND WORKING ON IT ?!. they sure as heck wont call them up BEFORE they put their hands on it !!. did you really think the honda dealership was gonna pick up the phone, call honda corp, and ask them how to solve your problem BEFORE they start working on it ????????..if this is the case ?, ive got some beach front property in AZ i'd loveeeeeeeeeeeee too sell ya !!!...lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in