Illegal hunting - Page 17 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

197Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 444 times
^^^ @mrbb #154. paying people for being stupid, is nuts. giving them money, even more so. some should take a test, to see if they are that stupid, or a retard. even, if they are less of mind. that much less of mind, needs a place, too take care of them.
i noticed on the blitz can mentioned earlier, it had a safety spout. that explains alot about pouring gas on a fire, getting burned, but that safety cap only compliments trouble [course pouring gas on a fire, aint quite right]. i hates them[popeye]. safty spout's spill more gas on me, then the past 35 years. blitz was a good gas can, without the gov. safety spout.
safety spouts, i get more gas on me, then i ever did. [not to mention, outdoor equipment] someone had good influence in this. not common sense people. it is a money thing.
why else would have to put up with this carp
mrbb likes this.

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-05-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:56 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6543 times
Garage
eminent domain to me is a bunk of bull crap , I have a friend who is in line to lose land that has been in his family for well over 120 years because of eminent domain ,he is waiting for the Parish Council to decide what to do , they want to build a refinery terminal/port , the Battle of 1812 was fought across his land , Andrew Jackson and Jean Laffite no doubt worked across it , I have a 3 lb cannon ball that I found 30 years ago with a metal detector from that spot , 3 pound was a cannon load used at the time on ships and may have been fired by one of Laffite's cannons , he's Great Grandfather had a tobacco farm on the land and family members are buried on the land , that is f'ed up
post #163 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1700 times
Garage
Quote:
eminent domain to me is a bunk of bull crap
Id be fit to be tied if i was him! Wow! If they tried that kind of stunt with me<< I'll stop here, lol.

I totally agree. What's more.... I don't think we will ever see and end to goverment intrusion .... Example >> ...... When the goverment bailed out Chrysler , and GM, we (the tax payer) foot the bill, when in FACT, they should have been allowed to fail, might would have taught both companies to conduct business within there means! Lord knows each us have live within our means.

I'll NEVER purchase a vehicle directly from ether . Chrysler, OR GM. (Aka barack obama motors)
Jeepwm69 and MOguy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:47 AM

Liked: 3088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
eminent domain to me is a bunk of bull crap , I have a friend who is in line to lose land that has been in his family for well over 120 years because of eminent domain ,he is waiting for the Parish Council to decide what to do , they want to build a refinery terminal/port , the Battle of 1812 was fought across his land , Andrew Jackson and Jean Laffite no doubt worked across it , I have a 3 lb cannon ball that I found 30 years ago with a metal detector from that spot , 3 pound was a cannon load used at the time on ships and may have been fired by one of Laffite's cannons , he's Great Grandfather had a tobacco farm on the land and family members are buried on the land , that is f'ed up
You might suggest he look into having it registered as a historic site due to the battle. That opens up another can of worms as they will undoubtedly tell him what he can and can't do with it then (similar to what they do when you put a house on the historic registry), but it might keep the land in his possession.

Honestly we need more Marvin Heemeyer's in this country. Easy to say, not so easy to do, especially when you have a family, but this country was founded by people pushing back against oppressive government. It's about time to do it again. Politicians should fear us. They don't. That's the problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

"I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable. Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things"

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
mrbb, _Wilson_ and LedFTed like this.
post #165 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:14 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6543 times
Garage
it is a double edged sword , when they brought up eminent domain to acquire the land to build a wall along the Mexican border , I can understand that and I am all for it , I know people own that land , but feel it is for the good of the nation --- but in his case , it is not just him , there are many businesses and residential houses that will have to go also for a refinery terminal for the parish to make money off of , and there is land farther down the road which people do own , but not many live there
mrbb, _Wilson_ and MOguy like this.
post #166 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:18 AM

Liked: 28 times
Eminent domain is supposed to be for the greater good of the community. That can be very subjective. Some think land that allows for more housing, bigger nicer roads and bigger better infrastructure is good. I see it as higher taxes, more people, more problems and a less desirable place to live.

Many think you have rights associate with land, but other then the 3rd amendment there is no mention of land rights in any government documnent. Land ownership is governed by law. Your ownership is not complete. It is subject to law, taxation and eminent domain.
misterclean59 and _Wilson_ like this.

Rancher and 2 Recons

Last edited by MOguy; 06-07-2019 at 06:22 AM.
post #167 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1700 times
Garage
Quote:
If you drive across the land every day to and from work (and the land owner knows) for 10 years you would probably have a case
Yeah he knows how far back we've used that lane, far over 10 years, when we raised tobacco, >I<was in out Several times a day (hauling water plowing etc) .... The twist ?? back then His family was in charge (aunt i think) at her death the land was in trusted to him, THENS when things changed.
post #168 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:11 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 96 times
yep...the very reason I have some tresspass issues is that about 12 years ago, they folks across the creek behind me sold about 60 acres...and in comes a subdivision....next thing I know...the county is knocking on my door with a whopping $1,800 offer to do a 40 wide x 200yd cut through my back woods to lay sewer line.... I had a choice...take the pitance or get nothing and they come anyway.

and try getting them to fulfill their promise to mow the easement twice a year..yeah..more like once every 3 years and that's when I call and get nasty with pictures of 3 inch sapplings that have had time to grow where they were supposed to be cutting..anyway...then you get folks who think there's an easement..so that's "public" and they can ride for miles up n down , hunt, the easements...which isn't the case.
post #169 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:31 AM

Liked: 28 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
yep...the very reason I have some tresspass issues is that about 12 years ago, they folks across the creek behind me sold about 60 acres...and in comes a subdivision....next thing I know...the county is knocking on my door with a whopping $1,800 offer to do a 40 wide x 200yd cut through my back woods to lay sewer line.... I had a choice...take the pitance or get nothing and they come anyway.

and try getting them to fulfill their promise to mow the easement twice a year..yeah..more like once every 3 years and that's when I call and get nasty with pictures of 3 inch sapplings that have had time to grow where they were supposed to be cutting..anyway...then you get folks who think there's an easement..so that's "public" and they can ride for miles up n down , hunt, the easements...which isn't the case.
I have 2 utility easements running through my place but no subdivisions for at least 20 miles.

I work with a guy who made his own road (not a recorded easement) through his property to the back of a neighbors property. They had an agreement that if his neighbor could use the road my buddy could hunt on the neighbors land.

Years pass the neighbor divides up the land sales and moves. People bought 40 acres behind my buddy. The new people assumed my buddies road was an easement. They were an ass to my buddy so he told them not to use it. They used it and my buddy called the Sheriff. The Sheriff told them to but up a gate and lock it. Then but up camera. If they cut the lock or damage the gate the Sheriff said he will arrest them. If they don't damage porpety and just trespass it is just a situation and they have to catch in the act.

The people do have access through a forestry road but it is rough and not maintained.
_Wilson_ and LedFTed like this.

Rancher and 2 Recons

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode