Illegal hunting - Page 16 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

 197Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
LedFTed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: high grove, ky
Posts: 2,225
Liked: 438 times
the lady that sued micky-D's, cause she bought coffee, put in in between her legs, and got burned, got a cool million is cash. what the hay.
she should have been fined for driving reckless, and sent to the common sense school. Tod Ray.. .. ..[you have to say the name slowly in front of your kid's 5 times, they will tell you what it mean's]. the thief who use a land owner's ladder, then fell,broke something. won a law suit. the ladder should not have been there to temp him. those sort of things are crazy.

put a stop to this, insurance rates, just might drop down.
mrbb and _Wilson_ like this.

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-04-2019 at 05:02 PM.
LedFTed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
_Wilson_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sweetwater Tn.
Posts: 4,266
Liked: 1689 times
Garage
Best ... Way i figure.... Just get out the way of idiots..... I believe she was awarded only $640,000, IMO still too much.

Quote:
Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman.
This SUE happy idiot ^^^
LedFTed likes this.
_Wilson_ is online now  
post #153 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:34 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
LedFTed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: high grove, ky
Posts: 2,225
Liked: 438 times
that was probably after tax's. th gov wins the lawyers win, but in the end, the people pay.
someone with some sense, aint gonna put hot coffee, between there legs. just paying for her medical treatment, is way to much. but, so it is.
if ya buy a sun blocker, but stay out in the sun to long, maybe forget to reapply. you can win money, for being an idiot.
send these people to idiot school, instead of giving them money for being stupid. were she 79 yrs. old, something in her brain, should have told her, that hot coffee, is hot!!!
i.e. dont drink and drive ,,, or be stupid.
if ya got a coke or what ever, put it in between your legs, while driving. have to hit the brakes, ya might just pop the lid off.
fine her for being stupid. had she just squashed a big mac, ya might have to buy her a pair of pants, or pay for dry cleaning.
that still aint just right. the end......

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
LedFTed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #154 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:21 PM
Senior Member
 
mrbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 7,882
Liked: 1960 times
when they first built a local grocery store here back in about 2004, a lady walked into the EXIT door(had signs saying EXIT ONLY)
it was one of the auto doors that when you walked to door it opened, , which could only happen from the inside the store leaving, as there were rails separating the enter from the exit doors!
BIG spray painted yellow markings in front of door, again stating exit ONLY.

well, lady walked into the exit door and someone inside was trying to come out at same time and , she got hit with the door , when it opened,
sued store, claiming Tennis elbow from the injury that would not heal, and won something like 2 million bucks in the OUT of court settlement, according to local new paper that ran the story!
the store ended up closing, shortly there after! or should say moving to a new location, and now has different doors that open to the side, so no one could ever get hit with them LOL

its a sad world we live in where everything must be so idiot proof, have so many waning labels and stickers and darn instructions in 20 different languages, so no one can say they couldnl;t read them due to not in there language!
and I always wonder WHO these lawyers are that are willing to take some of these cases on, I mean , like WOW, got to have some confidence in being able to win, based on knowing others will award money, hoping some day its there turn to get some! OR??
local paper here used to run a column about crazy lw suits and over the yrs I read a bunch that made me wonder,
one was a DOT worker/electrician, that, worked in Ca. installing traffic lights, and he some how ended up installing traffic lights upside down,(green at top and red at bottom, got fired for doing so, then sued, and it turned out he was color blind, and won a crazy award due to some discrimination deal on him being color blind?/ and getting fired due to the mistakes caused by his disability!
BUT I then wondered, WHY anyone who is color blind would want to work worth high voltage that many wires are color coded??
seems to be a bad carreer choice, but what do I know!!

another one I recall, was a high end chief working i some super fancy restaurant!
that had some new propane stoves and such installed and they ended up being installed incorrectly and they blew up!
NOW< poor chief, was scared to death to go near a stove again, so couldn;t work, so sued for his out of work and career deal, as a chief!
so, sued and was awarded a few million due to he couldn;t be a chief no more! LOL

again, used to scratch my head and wonder WHO these folks are on jury's that would , some how come up with a number (X millions) for these claims/awards?
what is there mind set when picking a number, and where do they THINK this money comes from!<
seems like they must think its free money, so, HEY< let's give the persona LOT< s, then some day when we do something dumb, we too can sue and win big!

but then, I think, a Judge, too has to approve things, so, WHAT are they thinking too!

Sort of makes me think, as I been saying all the while,in this tread!

at what point in life, should folks be held more accountable for there own actions??
I mean everything cannot always be someone else's fault, RIGHT???
Jeepwm69, _Wilson_ and LedFTed like this.
mrbb is online now  
post #155 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:12 AM
Member
 
MOguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 57
Liked: 28 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Best ... Way i figure.... Just get out the way of idiots..... I believe she was awarded only $640,000, IMO still too much.

Quote:
Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman.
This SUE happy idiot ^^^
I remember it correctly the jury awarded her a crap load of money but the judge reduced it. After the case McDonalds and the lady came up with their own little deal so she wouldn't appeal the judges ruling.

If you have deep pockets there will always be scum bags that want to reach into them.

I do have a neighbor that sued Walmart for a slip and fall. I don't think she got allot, she still lives in a mini house (converted garden shed) and drives a POS old truck. She walks crooked now, she is older so I don't know if it is age or the slip and fall related. She did get a settlement. She is a very good person so I doubt she took advantage. If anything she let Walmart get over on her.
mrbb, _Wilson_ and LedFTed like this.

Rancher and 2 Recons

Last edited by MOguy; 06-05-2019 at 07:17 AM.
MOguy is online now  
post #156 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Member
 
MOguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 57
Liked: 28 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post



Completely unaware .... It's a dirt lane that runs along both his property and ours... Apparently there's some red tape i dont know about .... ?? nope! im not turning myself in! I choose to stay clear of him and his property.... For a while!! It was bad enough to walk by the land mine... I have NO reason to tap dance on it. Was i in the wrong ?? YES, without question, but .... I'll settle for being THAT wrong, and not have to tangle with a judge (with a reputation) get my drift ??

You don't need to aapologize to me lol ....



i agree ^^^ but not everyone sees it like that.... Especially a judge who's deal with criminal element everyday. Lol

In my area a lane is an easement that is accessible to the public but usually is shorter and does not lead to another road. The township does not maintai it.

If you own all the property around the lane you can close if off. If you go through the trouble you go to the court house and the easement is taken of the deed and I guess it becomes your property but even then it will show up on many maps as having public access.

You can follow all the latest and greatest technology and even paper maps and you can still easily end up on private property. I suppose you could go to an escrow company and have them do title searches were you want to ride or you could spend hours in the court house reading all the updated deeds, or just be irresponsible.
Here's a pic of the un maintained lane...... Stopped in from raking hay to snap this..... As you can make out his (judges) hay field is on the left about 15 acres then over to the right .... (Our 30 acres) planted in corn. The lane was a private drive back many moons ago, i think more or less it was THAT person riding a atv.... That got the judge all riled up haha!

In some states if it is used as a public easement long enough that is what it becomes. My state has allot of stipulations and even then it is not automatic. I have a co-worker dealing with it now. MO has lax trespassing law but when it comes to easement and fencing things are pretty specific.

Rancher and 2 Recons
MOguy is online now  
post #157 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Jeepwm69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Eastern Arkansas
Posts: 6,261
Liked: 3067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
when they first built a local grocery store here back in about 2004, a lady walked into the EXIT door(had signs saying EXIT ONLY)
it was one of the auto doors that when you walked to door it opened, , which could only happen from the inside the store leaving, as there were rails separating the enter from the exit doors!
BIG spray painted yellow markings in front of door, again stating exit ONLY.

well, lady walked into the exit door and someone inside was trying to come out at same time and , she got hit with the door , when it opened,
sued store, claiming Tennis elbow from the injury that would not heal, and won something like 2 million bucks in the OUT of court settlement, according to local new paper that ran the story!
the store ended up closing, shortly there after! or should say moving to a new location, and now has different doors that open to the side, so no one could ever get hit with them LOL

its a sad world we live in where everything must be so idiot proof, have so many waning labels and stickers and darn instructions in 20 different languages, so no one can say they couldnl;t read them due to not in there language!
and I always wonder WHO these lawyers are that are willing to take some of these cases on, I mean , like WOW, got to have some confidence in being able to win, based on knowing others will award money, hoping some day its there turn to get some! OR??
local paper here used to run a column about crazy lw suits and over the yrs I read a bunch that made me wonder,
one was a DOT worker/electrician, that, worked in Ca. installing traffic lights, and he some how ended up installing traffic lights upside down,(green at top and red at bottom, got fired for doing so, then sued, and it turned out he was color blind, and won a crazy award due to some discrimination deal on him being color blind?/ and getting fired due to the mistakes caused by his disability!
BUT I then wondered, WHY anyone who is color blind would want to work worth high voltage that many wires are color coded??
seems to be a bad carreer choice, but what do I know!!

another one I recall, was a high end chief working i some super fancy restaurant!
that had some new propane stoves and such installed and they ended up being installed incorrectly and they blew up!
NOW< poor chief, was scared to death to go near a stove again, so couldn;t work, so sued for his out of work and career deal, as a chief!
so, sued and was awarded a few million due to he couldn;t be a chief no more! LOL

again, used to scratch my head and wonder WHO these folks are on jury's that would , some how come up with a number (X millions) for these claims/awards?
what is there mind set when picking a number, and where do they THINK this money comes from!<
seems like they must think its free money, so, HEY< let's give the persona LOT< s, then some day when we do something dumb, we too can sue and win big!

but then, I think, a Judge, too has to approve things, so, WHAT are they thinking too!

Sort of makes me think, as I been saying all the while,in this tread!

at what point in life, should folks be held more accountable for there own actions??
I mean everything cannot always be someone else's fault, RIGHT???
Remember when you could get a Blitz gas can for $5 at Walmart? Blitz was in Miami OK, got sued out of existence by idiots and scumbag lawyers.

Here's one of the scumbag's websites.

https://attorneygroup.com/lawsuits/p...sion-lawsuits/

I had a buddy pour gas on an open fire, set himself on fire, and ended up with some nice doctor bills. He didn't sue anyone. He was an idiot, knew he was an idiot, and paid for his injuries himself, all the while listening to all of his friends and family make fun of how stupid he was.

Ultimately this kind of crap is ruining our country. That's why as much as I don't want jury duty, and most people I know try to get out of jury duty, DECENT PEOPLE NEED TO SERVE ON JURIES WHEN CALLED. People who work for a living, intelligent people, decent people all try to get out of jury duty. Then we end up with idiot parasites making these decisions.

A larger and larger portion of our society thinks that money is free from big (eat the rich), government owes them something (government money comes from taxpayers), and that when anything bad happens to them, they are entitled to help. They don't ask for it, they demand it, because they are entitled.

At some point, our society will fail, probably when the people who have common sense and try to have a little personal responsibility get tired of all of these parasites and stop supporting them. Probably gonna be violent when it happens too, because these parasites think they are entitled to what they want.
mrbb, misterclean59 and MOguy like this.
Jeepwm69 is offline  
post #158 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Senior Member
 
mrbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 7,882
Liked: 1960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post


In my area a lane is an easement that is accessible to the public but usually is shorter and does not lead to another road. The township does not maintai it.

If you own all the property around the lane you can close if off. If you go through the trouble you go to the court house and the easement is taken of the deed and I guess it becomes your property but even then it will show up on many maps as having public access.

You can follow all the latest and greatest technology and even paper maps and you can still easily end up on private property. I suppose you could go to an escrow company and have them do title searches were you want to ride or you could spend hours in the court house reading all the updated deeds, or just be irresponsible.
Here's a pic of the un maintained lane...... Stopped in from raking hay to snap this..... As you can make out his (judges) hay field is on the left about 15 acres then over to the right .... (Our 30 acres) planted in corn. The lane was a private drive back many moons ago, i think more or less it was THAT person riding a atv.... That got the judge all riled up haha!

In some states if it is used as a public easement long enough that is what it becomes. My state has allot of stipulations and even then it is not automatic. I have a co-worker dealing with it now. MO has lax trespassing law but when it comes to easement and fencing things are pretty specific.
we have laws like this here as well
we also have laws, that can cause you to LOOSE so,me of your land if you allow someone to use it long enough, it can become there's

as example, lets say to let a neighbor build a shed on a section of your land,that borders his, and he then adds more and more junk or use/access to that area/section of YOUR land, after "X" amount of yrs, if you allow this to happen, that area of land can become his, if he hires a lawyer to go thru proper channels, due to YOU allowed this knowingly to happen!
Just as the STATE can come in and TAKE land of you using reasons they can justify in court/on paper!
they will need to in most cases, pay you basic land value(NOT what YOU feel its worth) or offer you like amount of land/acres else where!

I had a friend a LONG time ago, that had a beautiful farm, about 200 acres, building and home on site!
that the state TOOK off him when buying up public lands, (now state game lands) and did so with force, he had NO choice,
ONLY good part of the deal was, he was friendly with the main man, got a even nicer section of land a big house on it, and they ended up giving him a job, too.
But this was NOT the norm, lots of folks in the small area lost there land and homes and got very poor deals in return, he just got lucky !
misterclean59 and LedFTed like this.
mrbb is online now  
post #159 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:50 AM
Senior Member
 
mrbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 7,882
Liked: 1960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
when they first built a local grocery store here back in about 2004, a lady walked into the EXIT door(had signs saying EXIT ONLY)
it was one of the auto doors that when you walked to door it opened, , which could only happen from the inside the store leaving, as there were rails separating the enter from the exit doors!
BIG spray painted yellow markings in front of door, again stating exit ONLY.

well, lady walked into the exit door and someone inside was trying to come out at same time and , she got hit with the door , when it opened,
sued store, claiming Tennis elbow from the injury that would not heal, and won something like 2 million bucks in the OUT of court settlement, according to local new paper that ran the story!
the store ended up closing, shortly there after! or should say moving to a new location, and now has different doors that open to the side, so no one could ever get hit with them LOL

its a sad world we live in where everything must be so idiot proof, have so many waning labels and stickers and darn instructions in 20 different languages, so no one can say they couldnl;t read them due to not in there language!
and I always wonder WHO these lawyers are that are willing to take some of these cases on, I mean , like WOW, got to have some confidence in being able to win, based on knowing others will award money, hoping some day its there turn to get some! OR??
local paper here used to run a column about crazy lw suits and over the yrs I read a bunch that made me wonder,
one was a DOT worker/electrician, that, worked in Ca. installing traffic lights, and he some how ended up installing traffic lights upside down,(green at top and red at bottom, got fired for doing so, then sued, and it turned out he was color blind, and won a crazy award due to some discrimination deal on him being color blind?/ and getting fired due to the mistakes caused by his disability!
BUT I then wondered, WHY anyone who is color blind would want to work worth high voltage that many wires are color coded??
seems to be a bad carreer choice, but what do I know!!

another one I recall, was a high end chief working i some super fancy restaurant!
that had some new propane stoves and such installed and they ended up being installed incorrectly and they blew up!
NOW< poor chief, was scared to death to go near a stove again, so couldn;t work, so sued for his out of work and career deal, as a chief!
so, sued and was awarded a few million due to he couldn;t be a chief no more! LOL

again, used to scratch my head and wonder WHO these folks are on jury's that would , some how come up with a number (X millions) for these claims/awards?
what is there mind set when picking a number, and where do they THINK this money comes from!<
seems like they must think its free money, so, HEY< let's give the persona LOT< s, then some day when we do something dumb, we too can sue and win big!

but then, I think, a Judge, too has to approve things, so, WHAT are they thinking too!

Sort of makes me think, as I been saying all the while,in this tread!

at what point in life, should folks be held more accountable for there own actions??
I mean everything cannot always be someone else's fault, RIGHT???
Remember when you could get a Blitz gas can for $5 at Walmart? Blitz was in Miami OK, got sued out of existence by idiots and scumbag lawyers.

Here's one of the scumbag's websites.

https://attorneygroup.com/lawsuits/p...sion-lawsuits/

I had a buddy pour gas on an open fire, set himself on fire, and ended up with some nice doctor bills. He didn't sue anyone. He was an idiot, knew he was an idiot, and paid for his injuries himself, all the while listening to all of his friends and family make fun of how stupid he was.

Ultimately this kind of crap is ruining our country. That's why as much as I don't want jury duty, and most people I know try to get out of jury duty, DECENT PEOPLE NEED TO SERVE ON JURIES WHEN CALLED. People who work for a living, intelligent people, decent people all try to get out of jury duty. Then we end up with idiot parasites making these decisions.

A larger and larger portion of our society thinks that money is free from big (eat the rich), government owes them something (government money comes from taxpayers), and that when anything bad happens to them, they are entitled to help. They don't ask for it, they demand it, because they are entitled.

At some point, our society will fail, probably when the people who have common sense and try to have a little personal responsibility get tired of all of these parasites and stop supporting them. Probably gonna be violent when it happens too, because these parasites think they are entitled to what they want.
Jeep again, I agree with you, all the way up to the jury duty part LOL
well, I have had jury duty 8 of the past 20 yrs, so I have had MY fill for a while, last time was 2 days before X mas 2017, and I did all I could to get out of it, had a trip planned, and was a real inconvenience for me
Not to mention a 60 mile a day drive one way, and NO place to park that doesn;'t end with me getting a ticket, due to my truck doesn;t FIT in there parking garage!, and street meters run out every hour and they won';t let me go put more coins in!
and the 7 bucks a day they pay for me to be there is a JOKE! and should be updated and then some IMO
I don't expect to make money, but it sure sucks when your loosing a bunch to serve, I mean my costs per day to get there back and the parking ticket, is almost 75 bucks a day??
add in a week worth of this crap, and well??
Once a decade, OK, I still say OK< but I some how seem to be on some repeat caller list with the county and I had enough of jury duty, booth state and federal I have had!

and being on a few juries now, its hard when your one of the few with common sense and the rest are all????
Its not its cracked up to be at times LOL
mrbb is online now  
post #160 of 169 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Member
 
MOguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 57
Liked: 28 times
In MO to take land it is 10 years, the use has to be obvious to the actual landowner and on a regular basis, If a bank has a lean on the property they have to be involved.

If you drive across the land every day to and from work (and the land owner knows) for 10 years you would probably have a case. If you are sneaking around on a 4wheeler you wouldn't have a case. The key is it has to be obvious and known. A few pages back I mentioned an issue with my brother in law and with the school. I had been going on for decades but nobody realized the assumed property lines were wrong so it didn't meat the criteria for adverse possessions / squatters rights. it was not obvious to the landowner his land was being used by someone else.

What mrbb is talking about with the state could be eminent domain, that is different.
_Wilson_ likes this.

Rancher and 2 Recons
MOguy is online now  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome