Illegal hunting - Page 11 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

197Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:11 PM

Liked: 28 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Quote:

YES like in many treads, things get side tracked
and most times its due to someone saying something , someone else doesn;'t agree with
and that in this case was trespassing and how some seemed to try to defend there reasons for doing so, and trying to blame the land owners for NOT having posted signs up, telling them they are NOT on lands they have a right to be on!
then side tracked on a specific area, in which I also, will take credit, have given detailed info, and links to show, NO state land in MO< is a free for all use, that one should even have to worry about crossing onto private lands, if they are LEGALLY on a state trail that is marked!
so the whole thing about boundary lines, got to be??
as , again a responsible and LEGAL rider, shouldn't need to know them on land open to atv's!
private lands, WELL OK, but the n again, back to square one, and a responsible rider/adult would be accountable for there actions and NOT be on lands they DON"T have permission to be on!

and to be clear, YES one can legally hunt from roads, if they have the proper permission and reasons for doing so
, most require you to pull off the side, or be certain type of roadway , a dirt road is a still a road, and the handi cap can legally hunt from them in many states with again proper lic and permits!
SO , LOL
same can be said from hunting/shooting OFF an ATv!
all in the details HAHA< and why,m it pays to do your homework and KNOW what you can and cannot do, or where and where NOT you can be!
I didn't write the laws. You keep talking about roads. You don't hunt from the roads do you?
I already answered this question<
the fact is, its in the details!

and the FACT is, its folks that try and defend doing wrong, drying about how a law is written, that offends me!
and also ends up ruining things on many!
wrong is wrong!
try driving a 100 mph in a 55 zone, and then tell the cop, you dodn;t know the speed limit!
see what that gets you!
the fact you DIDN"T know it wasn't a 100, is NOT an excuse, you still broke the law, and COMMON sense would have told you the speed limit is NOT a 100, without needing to know the law!, or the speed limit on SAID roadway!

the defense I DIDN"T know is its private land ,is just ignorant, and a serious lack of respect to land owners every where!
and show's how ill responsible a person is, doing it!
some times in life, you DON"T or shouldn;t NEED a LAW to tell what it right or wrong! there are basic's in life,adults should ALL be able to come to on there own!

I don't hit myself in the head with a hammer, NOT due to there being a law stopping me, , NOPE<> cause it doesn;t make sense to do it!
and this is all the reason I need not to!
at what point in life should a person BE held responsible to know where there at?, or there actions!
If you are using the apps and the web page you posted here to tell you where you are moving about you probably have been on other people's land and didn't even know it.

Rancher and 2 Recons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:17 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Our local LEO told me they won't prosecute someone for trespassing unless the property is clearly marked. In Arkansas one can use purple paint to mark a line, as opposed to actual signs, but that raised the question "How is someone supposed to know that purple paint means "no trespassing"?"

Mrbb I 100% agree with you that people should know where they are, and that just because they don't know where they are, that it's ok. If we're being honest 99.9% of people you catch trespassing know exactly where they are and that they shouldn't be there, but the bottom line is around here, unless you have a dang sign up and purple paint everywhere, LEO will just ask them to leave and won't charge them unless they refuse to do so.

Frustrating for sure, but as we, as a nation, have enacted more and more laws, things have become so complicated and screwed up that it seems like laws do more to protect the lawless than they do to protect the law abiding.

If we went back to "He needed shootin" as a defense for punishing abhorrent behavior, our society would be much more civilized and polite.
ah aint hunting in a while, this is the 1st time i heard of purple paint. 2010-12. i tried to get out hunt some.
i know when they changed the vest to lime green instead of orange, i dont pay attention to them anymore. look like leaves on trees, they still do. green is a go sign anyway.
the first time i seen these, i were going down the express way. it was 5/8 mile away. i could see strange limbs moving on the ground. it didnt make since till i was an 1/8 mile away or closer. going 65mph., once i realized what it was, it could have been too late. the twigs i seen were arms an legs. i still dont see that colour as a warning. and i wont. that was near 2000. guess my mind is stuck that way. florescent yellow dont warn me much neither.

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 05-30-2019 at 11:22 PM.
post #103 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1707 times
Garage
Quote:
In Arkansas one can use purple paint to mark a line, as opposed to actual signs
We've been doing that around my area for years..... The way we >trained < people around here (simple) post a sign (same area) along with purple marked boundaries ..... I've been asked many times (whats with the purple paint ) (answer) >> it marked MY property line... ..... I've been dealing with illegal hunters just about all my life..... Hence THIS IS WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD!

Glad you brought this idea up jeep.
MOguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:08 AM

Liked: 28 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Quote:

I didn't write the laws. You keep talking about roads. You don't hunt from the roads do you?
I already answered this question<
the fact is, its in the details!

Sorry for asking the same question over and over.

Some of the responses don't seem to be popping in a timely manner. I am not sure why. I can look at my phone and then at my tablet my phone seems to be lagging on posting compared to my tablet.

Places I have hunted don't allow hunting from a roadway.

Rancher and 2 Recons
post #105 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
roadway
?? Private ?? Or public ??
post #106 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:57 AM

Liked: 1992 times
![/QUOTE]

If you are using the apps and the web page you posted here to tell you where you are moving about you probably have been on other people's land and didn't even know it.[/QUOTE]

like all things , online maps, ap's and such, are just references, tool,s to help you, to be EXACT!
to be exact, you need to go to the tax assessment office and look at actually land maps that have names and property lines with coordinates on them!
as an adult again, there is a responsibility that comes with being one, and that is knowing where your allowed and Not, if you DON"T know, don't go? rather simple
IF your WRONG and get caught, , pay the price, and MAYBE learn the hard way!
it NOT a land owners JOB to inform everyone where there land is, its silly to expect them to do so, not to mention impossible!!
Posted signs don't work, painting property lines doesn't work and there is NO color that is used in every state, so, purple might be what works/used in your area, but its NOT what is used else where!
Most state lands here in PA, use white paint!, on there boundary lines, and or very small state game land red signs, and likes!

Ohio, Yellow on mist of the public tracks I been on! and so on!
some states only mark tree's with cutting sections off the tree's, most markers are FAR apart too,
some states they can be a mile apart and LEGAL markings.
SO< its always back to the person entering land, either you KNOW your allowed or you DON"T
if you DON"T Know, DON"T go.
It shouldn't;t require a sign, or painted tree, a law worded exactly so ALL can understand it! or??
its common sense, its being responsible for one's actions , and its respecting others property!
WHY so many have such a hard time with this,
I will never understand!!
Its NOT rocket science here folks!
post #107 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:35 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 96 times
posting is not required in my state..but I do it anyway...a LOT.

and it's ignored...I have trail cam photos/videos of hunters, ATV riders, folks out for a nice walk with their big dog off leash as if my place is their personal park...and in those photos you can even see my tresspass signs in the background !!

people know full well what they are doing, they know it's wrong, they know they are tresspassing, they figure they won't get caught..frustrating.

I am always armed when out on my property..primarily for snakes and the occassional hopeful sighting of a yote...but also a shiney Smith on the hip tends to keep conversations more polite.

my biggest gripe with the hunters is:
1) They likely don't know the area well enough to ensure they are not aiming at a deer in line of fire that puts rounds towards a house or my family out enjoying our property.
2) I basically have armed strangers full prepared to shoot something on my private property.. not an idea I am fond of.

On occassions when I can hear dirt bikes/atvs out back...in addition to my pistol, I also toss a 12ga in a scabbard over my shoulder..look like some kind of Walking Dead movie poster (LOL) riding an old MadMaxx four wheeler.
misterclean59 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #108 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:36 AM

Liked: 1992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
posting is not required in my state..but I do it anyway...a LOT.

and it's ignored...I have trail cam photos/videos of hunters, ATV riders, folks out for a nice walk with their big dog off leash as if my place is their personal park...and in those photos you can even see my tresspass signs in the background !!

people know full well what they are doing, they know it's wrong, they know they are tresspassing, they figure they won't get caught..frustrating.

I am always armed when out on my property..primarily for snakes and the occassional hopeful sighting of a yote...but also a shiney Smith on the hip tends to keep conversations more polite.

my biggest gripe with the hunters is:
1) They likely don't know the area well enough to ensure they are not aiming at a deer in line of fire that puts rounds towards a house or my family out enjoying our property.
2) I basically have armed strangers full prepared to shoot something on my private property.. not an idea I am fond of.

On occassions when I can hear dirt bikes/atvs out back...in addition to my pistol, I also toss a 12ga in a scabbard over my shoulder..look like some kind of Walking Dead movie poster (LOL) riding an old MadMaxx four wheeler.
as I said, signs, are like locks, they only keep honest folks out!
post #109 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
its being responsible for one's actions , and its respecting others property!
WHY so many have such a hard time with this,
I will never understand!!
Its NOT rocket science here folks!
I agree completely ... But The thinking around here ?? (I've lived here all my life walked these lands on foot... I'll hunt where i wish) << equals no respect!! Theres a bunch of land owners/farmers ..... Dealing with this... And have made good friends angry just by saying NO to hunting on me. Ive Seen many friends around here go completely nuts...... I even stopped one from shooting another, and TWRA ?? ... Imo, is Waist of goverment funds. Had a bullet wiz by my neighbors house (posted somewhere in this string) ....... Sadly... There's one less to worry about.
mrbb likes this.
post #110 of 169 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 96 times
yep...ALL our family and friends know that there is no hunting on our property.. it's the wife's rule that this is "sanctuary" ..she doesn't mind folks, or me, hunting other places..just not on our immediate 13.
Only thing allowed killed here are copperheads and yotes...

we've had a couple neighbors just announce to us that they would be hunting their property next to ours..and if they shot a deer and had to track it over onto our property...well, we'd understand of course.

set em straight..if they shoot a deer that close to our line, don't make a good shot etc..they best be on the phone to us before they think about stepping across the creek which is the border between property...made em less of a friend/neighbor...don't care...I have grandkids that play in that creek, adult kids that ride the ATVs on the trails along that creek, etc..and at least once a week the wife and I are out there on a quiet golf cart..so you may not hear us and know that we could be in line of fire...
deer season..guys get the fever.

oh. and don't get me started about my 2 acre pond...if you aren't a constant open door about letting anyone just drive onto the property and pull out their fishing pole..well, there's just sumpin wrong with you (grin)

we've had to just say 'no' to everyone..cause even other neighbors that we would say..only fish when we are here and you ask first...and "only you" they'd say..well, I've got my daughter with me... ok...then next time...it's the daughter and her play mate and her mom and her mom's sister..and before I know it. I've got 5 people out there that I don't know, that don't live in my neighborhood...tossing cigarettes, playing their tunes, driving around...it's crazy how folks take things to the next level in a heartbeat.

so I'm the crazy old guy on the street with a big sign at the drive entrance..no tresspassing, property under video security...and it is...
mrbb, misterclean59 and _Wilson_ like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode