anything firewood related - Page 21 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

252Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 1697 times
Garage
Ya...... I was kind of in a panic .... My house was completely filled with pine smoke....that tree is still healthy, I'm very glad it didn't die, because my grandfather planted all five when they purchased the house n 300 acher farm....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	597.1 KB
ID:	132086  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 440 times
i hope to show you some ornamental pear tree. it dont have pears, that works for me.i dont like pears all that much. the wind, or ice can cause those to break. when they burn, they burn hot. 6 or less months. the wood is cured. less in the winter. wood burns like walnut. my favorite wood not to burn, walnut. the wood of these pear trees, make good coals. not only that, they dont shoot off sparks, when using an insert. that comes in handy if ya want to sleep, but want to leave the screen open, so ya get more heat inside the house.
anything firewood related-dscn2550.jpganything firewood related-dscn2552.jpg
thats a ornamental pear tree, that dont grow pears. it grows good wood, an good heat.

i was going on so, about firewood, an had to backspace some. least 3 lines.
i'll finish after i get some sleep, an less JB maple.

three of the woods, i like to burn grow kinda fast. water maple, wild cheery, ornamental pear,. if you got the ground, these trees should keep you warm, and maybe supplied. depends on how much, ya got to heat, of course, or, even the structure, you heat.
them modular homes, [aka. trailers] have more infiltration then you would expect. course the moms home is 18 yrs. old.. things could have improved. it is possible.. 6" walls, yet you can feel the cold air blowing in. windows, doors, siding, all leak cold air. i'm sure there are other leaky places. i dont mean to harp on modular homes, but you should be aware. they are not cracked up to be what you think they are. [infiltration humor]. no matter how thick the wall is, if wind gets in, the wall dont matter.
behave yourselves
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2554.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	132132  

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 12-20-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: aint done yet.
post #203 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Had this laying in the back of my jeep... Steve happen to see this.... Asked...... How many light housings did i bust unloading wood, told him both right hand and left, i told him $10 for each housing guard, he said he couldnt build them for that price, so i hooked him up...

This should effectively stop light housing damage.

Anyways.... It's Rainey all day here, might have the day off work, so i can get caught up on so over due mods
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	26
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	132358  
fishfiles, Jeepwm69 and LedFTed like this.

Last edited by _Wilson_; 12-20-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6534 times
Garage
wood splitter / redneck style

https://www.facebook.com/TRNDVideos/...1223649663600/
_Wilson_ and LedFTed like this.
post #205 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedFTed View Post
i have used it some, as, i have hurt my back again. it cuts OK. after i adjusted the carb a bit, it cuts better. it is super light. i am a bit out of practice as to cutting limbs on a tree that has fallen, an has so many limbs that play touching the ground, or other limbs, an such. i've got the saw hung up a quite a few times, by my bad judgement.
once i get it freed up, it fires up, and goes back to work. i like it, so far. it is a limb saw, but some of these limbs are over 6", an considering my sciatica, [pinched spinal nerve, lower back], this is a saw i needed.
i think it cuts as good as the echo cs310 i got, maybe better. the echo is not running at the moment, and i cant figure out why. i wont pay a dealer to fix it, because i should be able to fix it. it would cost more to take it to a dealer, than the saw is worth. i could always hear metal while that saw was cutting. i think it was as the bar was not getting enough oil. i was wearing my ear plugs, an could still hear the sound.
i will let ya know how the red max does in a few months or years depending. so far i think im glad i bought it.
i have cut branches using only one arm, despite what the book says
i quoted me,, to refresh your memory. i got none to refresh.
i adjusted the carb, put a 16" bar an chain on it.the more i use it, the more i like it. its running a bit rich. i can smell it, an taste it. i need to lean it out a bit. dont that mean backing out the low speed adjustment. tonight i'm too tired to think, an i forgot where i put the manual. it cuts just fine for a 7 pounder, plus i got the 99 husquvarna 55 model, if i need it.
thought i'd give ya an update. just ed

"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
post #206 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 04:41 PM

Liked: 597 times
High was 15F today, and it's already down to 9F, and my freestanding stove had kept the house (1900 sq ft rambler l) at 70F average all day, furnace hasn't run with being set at 67. And living room (where the stove sets) is toasty warm. Can't beat it.
_Wilson_, LedFTed and retro like this.

2004 TRX400FA (Rancher 400AT)
MotionPro twist throttle kit
12" handlebar mounted light bar
rear rack wheelchair carrier
Cycle Country 48" plow w/ KFI hybrid mount
Champion 3000 lb winch w/ synthetic rope
23" Titan 489's all around (saving clutch)

2011 Grizzly 450 EPS

Others in the family: '04 TRX250TE, '85 TRX250 Utility (X2), '05 TRX90, '06 TRX500FA, '95 TRX400FW,' 88 TRX125
post #207 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
First ever fire in our new wood stove setup:
Sounds like it's doing great! Sure is a nice looking burner, i believe it's on page 3 ?
Check out the sweet! Trx86 ....n, Ya.... I've asked... Andy wont price it....

Hey @LedFTed .... Uh hu. Meeting those girls ..... It got back to the now EX (sh i wander how lol.. "cheesy grin") gf, n She's gone.... @ least she won't be screwing with wood heater honeywell thermostat any longer, she always had to up it to 80 grr (sheesh, talk burning up some wood) the plan worked good in the end.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	21
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	132658  
post #208 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 08:26 PM

Liked: 597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Sounds like it's doing great! Sure is a nice looking burner, i believe it's on page 3 ?
Yep here it is: https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...ml#post1252542

It's not a top of the line stove for sure, in terms of build quality (US Stove Company, Vogelzang brand), got it at Menards, but boy does it pump out the heat with the best of them, efficient too. Already had an issue with the air intake plate, figured out the spacers on one of the screws was too short, so I got that fixed up better than new with a proper length spacer.
_Wilson_ and retro like this.

2004 TRX400FA (Rancher 400AT)
MotionPro twist throttle kit
12" handlebar mounted light bar
rear rack wheelchair carrier
Cycle Country 48" plow w/ KFI hybrid mount
Champion 3000 lb winch w/ synthetic rope
23" Titan 489's all around (saving clutch)

2011 Grizzly 450 EPS

Others in the family: '04 TRX250TE, '85 TRX250 Utility (X2), '05 TRX90, '06 TRX500FA, '95 TRX400FW,' 88 TRX125
post #209 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 08:45 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Quote:
First ever fire in our new wood stove setup:
Check out the sweet! Trx86 ....n, Ya.... I've asked... Andy wont price it....

Hey @LedFTed .... Uh hu. Meeting those girls ..... It got back to the now EX (sh i wander how lol.. "cheesy grin") gf, n She's gone.... @ least she won't be screwing with wood heater honeywell thermostat any longer, she always had to up it to 80 grr (sheesh, talk burning up some wood) the plan worked good in the end.
i best not touch this post, least i get into trouble, humor wise..
i will say, staying in the 5th wheel, i was comfortable at 64F. i had blocked all infiltration. when i go over to me moms, the temp. has to be 76F, if not 2 more degrees. despite the walls of modular homes, supposed to be 6" thick, i think they lie, and the insulation is not all there. supposedly the amish build these, but who ever did the duct work, put the trash down in it, as to cutting the hole in the floor, for hvac vent, an using it for garbage, stuffing the vents with it..
the worst thing was, the furnace gas valve, was set for natural gas, when the furnace was running on propane. natural gas runs at 3lbs per square inch, propane, 10-12lbs per square inch. me mom wouldnt let me check it out, for years. i was working HVAC. that in of it self is a different story, so i wont bore ya with it.
cold air breezes in er house. ya can always tell when the wind is blowing outside, through the windows, even some electrical sockets..
well, i quit posting, on this, because i keep getting interrupted. ya get the drift anyway.

i have to ask about page 3, and remind, me about those heat warming girls.
i like iron stoves, or heat burners. when ya baffle them, they put out even more heat.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 12-30-2018 at 03:15 AM.
post #210 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation

Update..... (Not good) went for two full loads of wood , one of standing green hackberry, along Andy's drive , he wants them gone, otherwise, i don't fell healthy standing trees!
Anyways.... Got that one , with no issue, came back unloaded, fired up the 35 ton and split a few for the next few days, then i loaded up everything in the jeep, headed over to my sisters, for more downed Cotten wood logs , i ended up hitting a rock << this why i hardly ever saw from top to bottom, i saw from the side, then role the log to keep my chain and bar out of the @&$)(;:?!! soil! ... So.... I ended up buggering my Carlton full skip chain. ...... I'm in need of another 3/8 18 inch full skip .... Im open for opinions of what brand full skip chain.....you wood chuckers like ??? I'm thinking Oregon ---- just noting.... I had absuluty NO issues with the Carlton.... Held up real good till she met rock.....

Edit: for pic
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	34
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	132700  

Last edited by _Wilson_; 12-30-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode