i hate flies with passion - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6534 times
Garage
Call the company that makes it , tell them you use it in your work place and need a MSDS sheet for your employee safety station , if they can't supply one then you can't use it any more -------- then give the MSDS sheet to a company that will copy it and change the percentages a bit and add a chemical that does nothing to not step on the copy rights , and sell it for a lot less
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 07:45 AM

Liked: 1980 times
this is the stuff I was talking about,
Mosquito Barrier Spray – Natural Insect Repellent for Yards & Grassy Areas
its a HIGH garlic smelling product that they CLAIM will deter them from coming into your area

I have used it a few times, and will say it will deter about 60% of them but NOT all
it does make your whole property smell like garlic however LOl
but its safe and not harmful to things, or so they claim

simple mix in a 1-2-3+ gallon sprayer and spray everything you can, all the more shady spots and under neath leaves and such as that is where they live in the day time and heat of the day

I normally spray in the AM, then again a few hours before planning something outside
on mild yrs with only a few, its a good product, but this yr with the swarms and super high numbers, I sprayed yesterday evening and it didn't seem to be much of a relief,
again, not as bad as without it, but when you have 3000 or so and you get rid of 60% , it still leaves a lot behind to eat you up!
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #23 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Oh okay i got yah! Yeah a simple pump garden sprayer, i might not getting the best results putting it down as i do, but...... It does have an effect, another diy mix is strong stuff as well cyan pepper, humco peppermint spirit, dawn, and apple cider vinegar, I've drove rodents clean away with that stuff!

Last full garden i had, was a couple years back, and i always was being bothered by chiggers, i mixed a batch up and sprayed around the garden area, NOT on the plants, stuff is so strong, it burned back the grass! And NO more chiggers, or plant damage due to rodents.
i hear apple cider vinegar will keep flies off of horses faces. said if you put it in the water, or feed, they start sweating it. there was a greek girl down in florida that ate a lot of garlic, during the day you could smell it.
i hear peppermint keeps mice away... when i mix the malathion, instead of using peanut oil or something thick, i intend to use dawn ultra. if you get more than 6 to 10 drops of this on your hands, it takes a while to rinse it off.. poor ducks an other wildlife that have to get the oil off..

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-09-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FROGGYS-FOG...wAAOSw9RdbEX36

I never looked at the lable of ingredients, I'll check and see if it has cactus in it or not, i did see another brand called cactus juice bug spray 6oz for $8 , might that be what your thinking of ?

@LedFTed , yep, permethrin is a good one as well, i use that to help control chiggers, ticks flys etc, but..... I plan to start dosing today before the extreme heat hits., the times now here! Yesterday i was de suckering tomato plants, when. Got back to load the water buckets up, felt one of blood sucking ticks on my arm
got a friend that will spray even on his skin. probably dont matter much if i do this at my age, yet, i would to hate losing function, any worst than i got now. neighbor next door used 2-D4 or something to spray his fields for years, caught up to him in his older age, now has trouble walking. it caused nerve damage. he never used a mask in those days. who knew.

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-09-2018 at 10:14 PM. Reason: usual
post #25 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 08:29 AM

well yesterday I sprayed my yard, and I am going to say at BEST it stopped about 20 % of them from entering and eating me and a buddy up while we tried to do a little work last night

this morning it rained, so I doubt its going to do anything now LOL

I will try again when things dry up and maybe do the mix a BUNCH stronger and try it again

I did buy it a few yrs back, so maybe it looses its strength over time, so will see

but holy crap are they bad here right now, my one bear showed up last night and must have had a honest 200-300 of them swarming it NON stop
it didn;t seem to care LOL, but I felt bad for it, as that has to suck, just having all that buzzing 24/7 and in your eye's and nose like they have it!

I am really hoping the state sprays as they don some times on Vary bad yrs, and this is for sure one of the worst one's here for me, its keeping me in doors that's for sure!
post #26 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 08:33 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 376 times
Yep, we've heard it's bad over there this year
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mossy.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	126382  
SamUK and retro like this.

1998 TRX300FW, Apart from winch it's original. Honda got it right, why mess. (Sold to collector)

2013 TRX500FMD, ex lifeboat service and very low hours / miles.

1986 TRX350D, tidy but a project.
post #27 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 01:59 PM

Liked: 1697 times
Garage
Quote:
Last full garden i had, was a couple years back, and i always was being bothered by chiggers, i mixed a batch up and sprayed around the garden area, NOT on the plants, stuff is so strong, it burned back the grass! And NO more chiggers, or plant damage due to rodents.
Forgot to add, that diy mix also has powered garlic

@LedFTed you might give thats diy mix a try see if that helps control those biting flys, and other pesky insects.

That 2,4-d lo-v ester , is a weed chemical burn back weed killer, people still use it around here. Here where i live , you have to have a chemical applicators license to EVEN purchase that chemical, it's no neerly as bad as bromide gas, that stuff IS bad--- dangerous! (used for gasing tobacco beds) They can only keep it so long before the poison eats through the pressurized cans
post #28 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 03:29 PM

I just broke down and ordered some chemical treatment , Bifen IT Insecticide
as I just found a bunch of carpenter ants in my one shed, so this stuff is supposed to kill them and mosquito's too
so will see how it works
as that garlic stuff ain't cutting it here with them flying blood suckers, and well, doesn't do anything for the ants?
will let you know how it works once I get it, and spray it and see!
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #29 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6534 times
Garage
I have got to say , it is really not been bad around here , I really think the Pie-re-tha-rin might be doing it , was at my neighbors this evening , and was getting ate up , came home and my patio is bug free and it was Mother's day the last time I sprayed
post #30 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 05:31 PM

Liked: 1697 times
Garage
Mrbb if it doesn't do the deal, on those ants, talstar p should!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode