i hate flies with passion - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:04 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6563 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Fish you reckon tha swamp juice would run those biting flys off ? I used it all last summer, it did wonders on skeeters, and flys around my grilling area .

Wilson , I have never seen it sold in a gallon before , but have bought some small couple of ounce spray bottles of Swamp Juice and that stuff is expensive but works very well on gnats and mosquitos > how much is that gallon worth ??? $100 !!!!!!

I be getting it confused with another brand but think the active ingredient is Cactus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:22 AM

Liked: 1707 times
Garage
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FROGGYS-FOG...wAAOSw9RdbEX36

I never looked at the lable of ingredients, I'll check and see if it has cactus in it or not, i did see another brand called cactus juice bug spray 6oz for $8 , might that be what your thinking of ?

@LedFTed , yep, permethrin is a good one as well, i use that to help control chiggers, ticks flys etc, but..... I plan to start dosing today before the extreme heat hits., the times now here! Yesterday i was de suckering tomato plants, when. Got back to load the water buckets up, felt one of blood sucking ticks on my arm
post #13 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
that is something different , at first glance I thought it was a refill for the spray bottles , but it is for fogging machine , which I have one of them Black Flag set ups , I bought it at a garage sale and used it twice , I don't think Black Flag fogger really works too good , maybe some juice like that one you found would work better in it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:54 AM

Garage
Oh yeah it's the fogger juice , i spray it with a garden sprayer just around perimeter of my house, shop, and grilling area for flys and skeeters, you recall @larry posted about that bug dope and a coke, in your what do you eat at you riding party's lol. Speaking of...... Haven't seen Larry around here lately ?
fishfiles likes this.
post #15 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
you are broadcasting with a hose ? ----- when I think of fogger , like the one I got , it is a burner with a propane bottle , it heats up a screen and the juice is injected on to the screen and a heavy white fog comes out which you aim at the grass
post #16 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:08 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Arrow

Like this :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Flag-...rd!70437!US!-1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black flag fogger.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	126310  
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #17 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:42 AM

Garage
Oh okay i got yah! Yeah a simple pump garden sprayer, i might not getting the best results putting it down as i do, but...... It does have an effect, another diy mix is strong stuff as well cyan pepper, humco peppermint spirit, dawn, and apple cider vinegar, I've drove rodents clean away with that stuff!

Last full garden i had, was a couple years back, and i always was being bothered by chiggers, i mixed a batch up and sprayed around the garden area, NOT on the plants, stuff is so strong, it burned back the grass! And NO more chiggers, or plant damage due to rodents.
fishfiles likes this.
post #18 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 08:13 AM

Liked: 1992 times
I have a fogger too, but have never had any great luck with all the things I have had, a few , honestly were rather dangerous, seemed way too flammable for use in a propane fogger would shoot flames 8 ft long
or maybe that was how they expected it to kill them ! HAHA!

a few yrs ago when they were insane here, I bought some natural garlic solution I found online from some BUG/Pest site, made the yard stink like garlic, but in the day time, when HOW out, it sure kept them at bay, or very few would show up, but come dark, it didn;t work so well>
but again was all nattural no chemical, so maybe better for cook outs and such, I'll see if I can dig up the =name brand I had!
you just mixes with water in a hand sprayer too, NO fogger needed
fishfiles and _Wilson_ like this.
post #19 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 11:46 AM

Garage
You also fend off chiggers with powered sulfur , i have an old tube sock loaded with sulfer, n just dust my shoes and pants from just above my knees all the way down to my shoes, works good, stinks to high heaven, lol!
fishfiles likes this.
post #20 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 05:26 PM

Garage
I dug around looking for the ingredients to swamp juice, there keeping a tight lid on that, i sure would like to know whats in it, cause i spray my pants and shoes (sometimes), i think I'll stop till i find out what's in it.....

Quote:
Froggys Fog only uses De-Ionized Water and Pharmaceutical Grade Chemicals, all Approved by the FDA.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode