weather anymore - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1990 times
weather anymore

OK is anyone else getting crazy weather anymore or just me LOL

the past few yrs have just been so unusual, from 80 degree;s in dec to low 40's in august, and rain almost every day this summer

today its been in the low 40's here till about 11am when it finally broke into the 50's, about 52 right now and its raining again??

weather just sin;t what it used to be
summer were hot, winters cold and snow
and rain came every so often,

now??
no normal snow in winters, cold one day HOT the next, summer are not hot and sunny no more
and RAIN< wow, just rains all the time any more
and weird part is, not much above average on rainfalls,, as it just rains enough to keep things wet and muddy, but not adding much to the water table!

SO< is anyone else feeling the weather changes
I don't care if its called Global warming or what ever,m weather is NO longer what it used to be!

and SUCKS too IMO!~
redtherocket likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1967 times
Very similar here in Engalnd mrbb, 28c yesterday and today, forecast torrential rain tomorrow and Thursday. We've always had unpredictable weather but the last month or so has been very odd indeed.

Edit: The above is unusual because 28c is hot for England!

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2” lift kit, 28” mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22” LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #3 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:24 AM

Liked: 35 times
It's been hot and very dry here in Manitoba all summer. Cattle pastures are dried right up, and we've had very little rain all summer. Was over 30c yesterday and it's already well in its way there again today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:43 AM

Liked: 276 times
Garage
Up here in Quebec we've had a record amount of rain during the summer. They were having a really hard time with an accurate forecast as well.

'95 TRX300FW
post #5 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

it was almost 90F here on Friday and today its 52 f was about 40 this morning when I go up
so, almost a 50 degree temp swing in 4 days
and cannot tell you how many times the past 2 ysr we have had 50% or more temp changes over night, and or 2-3 times a week

average temp here now should be about 70F
and at 40, thats a way's below average
had to put heat on for a second time this yr in August, SUMMER time and needing heat in the house?
its just wrong!!! LOL
post #6 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 12:15 PM

Liked: 344 times
Terrible here too!

mrbb,
Sucky weather here too! Long, long winter, very wet spring, we haven't had rain since July 2nd, just a sprinkle here and there no accumulation, and it has been high 80's and low 90's with no end in sight, at least for this week. We have forest fires everywhere, an smoke so bad sometimes visibility is less than a mile. Certainly not the weather of past years that's for sure. After this last winter I didn't think that I would be wishing for it to cool down anytime soon, but man am I sick of this heat and smoke!!! We've been sleeping with the windows open for 3 months and fans going every where in the house, NOT NORMAL!!! I just want to be able to see the mountains clearly and feel the cool evening breeze
post #7 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6541 times
Garage
you think maybe the unusual weather could be caused because the Sun is closer to the Earth right now than anytime during the 5,125 years it takes planet Earth to make one orbit around the Sun , I would bet it has a BIG effect on weather ----nobody ever talks about that , it's all about Global Warming from ATV engines polluting the atmosphere
post #8 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
you think maybe the unusual weather could be caused because the Sun is closer to the Earth right now than anytime during the 5,125 years it takes planet Earth to make one orbit around the Sun , I would bet it has a BIG effect on weather ----nobody ever talks about that , it's all about Global Warming from ATV engines polluting the atmosphere
You hit the nail on the head there haha
_Wilson_ likes this.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2” lift kit, 28” mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22” LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #9 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 03:18 PM

Liked: 550 times
Next wave will be electric ATV's, LOL. Surely there are some out there roaming the earth utilizing that carbon indirectly via coal fire off plants to create the electric, LOL.

Do agree, the weather appears to be angry in various areas of the world, both kind and harsh.....

2017 Honda Pioneer 500
post #10 of 578 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

I personally think its a lot of factors that are causing things to be different, from the population of humans being the highest ever, the loss of a lot of GREEN things(tree's grass and?)
all the pavement and loose of exposed GROUND, add in all the pollution and motors running
and then the planets being on the move
and a LOT of things are causing issue's
and I doubt ANY will be fixed enough to make a difference
as I ONLY see more and more people happening, less land, more buildings and parking lots, and more of everything needed and used up to take care of all the humans
and Planets, well, I don;t see us moving them either LOL

car's trucks, motors?
even if we get rid of say 25 %, once the population grows another 25%, the difference will be NONE, as that 25% loss will be made back up in percentages of things as a whole?

the world is on a downward spiral IMO
Glad I grew up when I did

and its NOW 40 degree's again
and I swear it feels like it wants to snow right now? and its AUGUST!
should be running my AC, not heat!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in