weather anymore - Page 57 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

234Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #561 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 2064 times
I have still not gone more than 40 hours without rain in about a yr and a half now!
Last few weeks been getting tornado's landing about me and warnings often , which is also NOT normal weather here!
went from 80 to 37 degrees in 12 hours other day as well, 50 yesterday and calling for hot humid summer conditions today!
local 7 day forecast, has rain again for 5 of the 7 days!
WEEeeeee, I think I need to grow gills and fins LOL
if it ever hers hot for a few days in a row here, I think its going to be one bad yr for mosquito's , as there is puddles of water every where ad everything is just always damp and or wet it seems lately(like 500 days or so )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #562 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 466 times
^^^^ thats a temp. drop ya cant get used to. 80 to 37. when i left great lakes navy training center once, with wind chill,70-75 below -0.. when i got to california, treasure island, 68 degree's. an Olympia beer, stead of red white blue.
ah cant burn my brush pile's, because as soon as they get dry enough, it rains a few day's.
when i worked elevators, i had near a year an a half, where it was clear mon-fri., but rained or iced. i was going stir crazy. [if you dont know what stir crazy is, spend 9 day's in jail for driving, an drinking]. it was supposed to be an 8 person cell, was 17. some slept on the floor. on the side,. i learned how to play dominoes.. 5's
only takes a teaspoon of water, to keep skeeter larva alive.
i might have ya beat. i need to do a weather search, to find out. one thing for sure, i need to make sure my hand sprayer is working.. lol's
mrbb likes this.

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-05-2019 at 09:04 PM.
post #563 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:42 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
I read the other day that the north pole has shifted 11 kilometers , only way I can see that being effected by humans is they have a lot more people on the other side of the world throwing off the balance LOL ------ it has been 5125 years since the Earth was in this exact same spot in it's orbit of the Sun , I can't seem to remember how the weather was back then and doubt anyone else can , it is only speculation
i all ready know this. talked bout it in maybe this thread. the sun is not sitting, where it use to in the summer. the shift does cause climate to change, more sunlight, or less, sunlight, does affect you.
then there is the thing, of being closer, or farther to/from the sun.
then volcano's spew ash into the atmosphere, blocking sunlight, causing mini-ice age's. think the last major sun blocker one, was around 500ad.
then, there is Congress, they put a tilt on everything.
for got to mention, the rain is suppose to be a bit longer, day wise here..

"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-07-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #564 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

this week high's mostly in the 70s, lows in the 50s, might have a day or 2, 80s low 60s.. i hate global warming. make's me cold. only way to make my core temp, rise. hot bath, 102f, fire in the insert, or work a bit, then i am to hot.
hypothalamus, never was quite right, [recurring theme], got worst after stroke sum. not quite right, me, a different matter.
got to break out the longjohn's, again.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-10-2019 at 06:06 AM.
post #565 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 2064 times
well I just had almost 3 days of NO RAIN! and this was the first time in like 17 months !!

WOW what a nice change, even had normal temps, nights in the 50's and day time highs in the mid 70's, mostly sunny, but some clouds
very nice weekend weather, and today?? back to rain, calling for 2+ inches of rain today and on the 7 day forecast there calling for 5 days of rain in it!

OH well, back to needing to grow fins and gills I guess, as there also again calling for flooding and possible severe storms(AKA< Tornado's)
post #566 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

i got 2 days so far, the temp. is in the 70's during the day, might break 50 tonight. wind is calm, i doubt so..
might as well have fish ponds, for extra income. surely some fish can survive the cold, up that way. lols

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-11-2019 at 06:25 PM.
post #567 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

strange

low tonight 48F, tomorrow 75F. it's based on in the city, north of us. temp's here can run colder. wind chill, plus in louisville, they got all them buildings, roads that hold heat. i can walk down the driveway, an feel a 20F drop on occasion. if it wernt for global warming, it wouldn't be so cold.
someone tilted the weather pinball machine.. Al Gorey comes to mind. E did invent the internet, still working on a way around that. it must a took a while before E invented Google. got to say, Google, is even the worst of his inventions. limited sense, search.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
post #568 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:02 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6797 times
Garage
The weather has been great here , 62 yesterday morning and 66 this morning and no bugs ------ the only messed up thing is the Mississippi River , the spillway is still open and set three records so far , only time it was opened twice in the same year , the longest time it has been opened , I thin it is around 73 days nows and the first time it was opened in consecutive years , it has put a damper on fishing , shrimping and crabbing and is destroying the oyster industry
LedFTed likes this.
post #569 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:53 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

i hate to see the industry suffer down that way. the yard gardens, dont grow like they used to. i aint had a garden fresh mater, in a couple of near three years. this one place that sells plants, they come with the leaf blight. once that hits your land, ya cant get rid of it. biological warfare. just like the asian carp, or that beetle, it eats the leaves off plant's, japanese beetle?. i forgot about those small fruit flies, years ago, opp's
i forgot this was the weather thread, instead of the conspiracy thread.
near 76 today, 60 tonight, last night, below 50. ya got to love summer weather.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-14-2019 at 06:58 PM.
post #570 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:15 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

the weather prediction, didnt quite pan out, 5-6 straight day's of rain.
imagine that.. even noaa, got it wrong. i seen more stars this week, then in some past.
hey fish; here's one for you.
i stopped at a yard sale to other day, on the way to the bank. i had to make a derby deposit.
was a log chain, over 20 ft. $20.oo. i bought it. was also a log chain, longer then that, smaller chain. i stopped on the way back, an bought that one too. same price. my sister was driving, so i unloaded at the basement. i dragged the chain's up, close to the basement door. then i was outside, taking care of business, one afternoon, i tripped, on the chains, fell backwards. i was stunned, been there many times,[horses ya know], looking up at the sky, light rain coming down, wet ground. i had to wait till, i could get my ability back to move. it happen's to me..[why land soft, when ya can land hard], after a few minutes, i could get up, and move around. my elbow, had a scrap on it, i had a trail of blood on it, dripping, half down to my wrist. nice color. is stopped real soon. i bleed more than i am hurt, it always stops soon though. scares those that are around me.
dont ya know, it took me 3 day's, to move those chains, away from the door path, not because of sore, just because..

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode