just some pic - Page 56 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

653Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #551 of 597 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 2060 times
OK guys, here are a few better pic's of the cubs from today, darn camera kept freezing up, I droped it a few too many times and hasn't been working right ever since LOL
time for a new one I guess!, as if I leave a battery in it, it will drain a full battery over night too, when OFF, so something inside has gone wrong from being dropped, but any how, a few pic's
still not sure of sex of cubs, they don't stand still long, always on the move , so little hard right now being so small, but , her last 2 cubs were a BOY and Girl, , boy got shot a few weeks ago, and girl bear still shows, up, now and then, even showed up today while she was here with new cubs, but that didn;t last long , as MOMMA bear's don't like there offspring near them after the first two yrs, from then on, the mom will chase them with some whoop aZZ in mind, if she can catch em, most times the younger ones are way faster than a older mother , lighter too, can get higher up a tree if need bee too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cubs 2019 097.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	136680   Click image for larger version

Name:	cubs 2019 105.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	136682   Click image for larger version

Name:	cubs 2019 107.JPG
Size:	972.2 KB
ID:	136684   Click image for larger version

Name:	cubs 2019 108.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	814.2 KB
ID:	136686   Click image for larger version

Name:	cubs 2019 110.JPG
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	136688  

fishfiles, Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 597 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

and then a couple more, you can see they go uop tree's like a squirrel, and be very hard to see once there are some leaves on a tree too, and then a pic of MOM, with her 2 yrs ago cub in the background, and about to give chase after her,, she's kinda fat, so doesn;t run far, but sends the message needed, little girl bear runs off , will come back some other time , that's all.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cubs 2019 111.JPG
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	136690   Click image for larger version

Name:	cubs 2019 118.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	136692   Click image for larger version

Name:	momma 201911.png
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	136694   Click image for larger version

Name:	momma litle girl.png
Views:	8
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	136696  
fishfiles, Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #553 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

well to those that follow my pic tread and stories about bears here, I have some updates and new pic's to share!

yesterday, I had a surprise, and a good one at that.
I had a small orphaned cub here a bunch of yrs back, that I helped survive, being all alone no mom and all, O wrote about her here, quick flash back, she had a rough go at life so far, first loosing its mom at about 5 months of age, then teamed up with a 1.5 yr old orphan, they were buddy's, always together like each others shadow!. till he got shot in bear season, her second yr of life, she got hit by a car, broken compound fracture on her ankle, and didn;t look good for her, as other bears picked on her(also picked on her from being an orphaned cub, I saved her butt a bunch of times, getting in between bears after her LOL) every time things started to heal up, she'd get chased and re break things, wasn't easy helping her, but I did what I could!
third yr , she had 3 cubs, then the state decided to trap her, and only got her and one cub, other two got killed by a car, and they relocated her, 30 miles away!
a few months later she made it back to my area, and was without her cub, so lost all 3 cubs!
which in a way was a good thing, as she would have had a very hard time raising them with the broken ankle she still had!
yr 4 , she again, had a cub,(NOT normal to bred yr to yr on bears) her ankle was doing well, looking pretty strong!
BUT she got trapped again, and they took her about a 100 miles away this time, took a few months to find her way back, and when she did, again, NO cub, lost it on way back or??

SO< last yr, she was here, and she again bred, (got to see it happen?), she was looking pretty good by fall, packed on a some serious weight and was a BIG female, not many females get as large as she was!, her best condition yet!
and then went MIA on me just after bear hunting season!
I expected to see her this spring, IF she made it thru winter.hunters/cheaters!(not bashing hunters, just a lot of cheaters in this area)
She was always one of if NOT the first bear to show up here in spring time,
well spring time came and went and NO show, was thinking something happened to her for sure, being mid June and not seeing her!

Well yesterday, she showed up, as friendly as ever, came to my door and sat down waiting for me to come outside and see her!
and she now has 2 cubs with her, so fingers crossed she stays out of state traps and doesn't get relocated again,as every time she gets trapped due to tag's, they know HOW far they moved her and will keep moving her farther away, hoping she doesn't come back to area!

but was nice to see her, alive and healthy.

NOW< the other female I have coming with 2 cubs also, well they have history here, she used to try to attack other female when she was orphaned cub, never liked her much since then!, but there about the same size, so they NOW don't fight! but don't like each other still

SO< when the above bear showed up, she left a NOTE behind telling other female, she is BACK!, and marked her turf in the process, which then made the other female, do the same thing close by
SO, FIsh, if your reading this, these pic's are some what for you!! since you asked about them doing this!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	535.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	137284   Click image for larger version

Name:	537.JPG
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	137286   Click image for larger version

Name:	538.JPG
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	137288   Click image for larger version

Name:	539.JPG
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	137290  
shrade likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #554 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

and then here is the other female with her 2 cubs investigating the marker left behind, as a fact, the first female, was down back of my yard up a tree with her cubs when she showed up, and the second female, scent tracked from marker to tree, and then laid at bottom of tree for about a hour, showing she wasn't scared of her, or impressed with the marker, came up to where marker was and made one of her own before leaving! LOL
bear politic's here yesterday
BUT as soon as second female and cubs left, other one came right back down and up on my deck and hung out for about 3 hours enjoying the show, as had a bunch of coons and skunks here fighting with each other , darn coons have no fear and well, one got blasted* last night, need to get rid of skunks I think, but not too fund of live trapping them and relocating?? was hoping the coons always hassling them would make em move on, as I never have them here like I do this yr!but here is second female checking things out!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	546.JPG
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	137292   Click image for larger version

Name:	550.JPG
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	137294   Click image for larger version

Name:	551.JPG
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	137296   Click image for larger version

Name:	552.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	137298   Click image for larger version

Name:	553.JPG
Size:	1,018.1 KB
ID:	137300  

_Wilson_ and shrade like this.
post #555 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

and then here is a coon about to get blasted by a skunk?
you can see it doesn't look so happy in the second pic! HAHA!

and I am almost HAPPY its been raining* and chilly last few days, as it gets rid of smell faster??*

and then just a few more pic's
mom and cubs, big male and a small female (no cubs)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	563.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	789.3 KB
ID:	137302   Click image for larger version

Name:	564.JPG
Size:	807.7 KB
ID:	137304   Click image for larger version

Name:	154.JPG
Size:	990.8 KB
ID:	137306   Click image for larger version

Name:	231.JPG
Size:	859.0 KB
ID:	137308   Click image for larger version

Name:	489.JPG
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	137310  

_Wilson_ and shrade like this.
post #556 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:16 AM

Liked: 3240 times
Awesome pics mrbb. Thanks for sharing them.
mrbb likes this.
post #557 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Awesome pics mrbb. Thanks for sharing them.
thanks, glad you enjoy them, some days its pretty cool living here and getting to see the things I do.
This morning, I had a Young male, show up on my deck, licking fallen birds seeds of the decking, he's a regular since last fall
a very young male, first time on his own since being kicked out from mom's care!
and he's one fun bear to watch, he is rather dumb on how anything works, and always doing silly things,
well today he showed up with a young female in tow, its bear mating season and its normally the other way around, a female being dogged by a male>

and this young male doesn;t seem to KNOW what to do, she is TRYING to be nice to him, get attention, and all he wants is FOOD, he kept chasing her off the deck, as didn;t want her to have any seeds LOL
Then he would lay at the top of the steps so she couldn't get up on deck at all, but then he also couldn't eat anything??
this went on for about an hour!
the whole time, her TRYING to get on deck, and him chasing her away!
She finally gave up and just laid under a tree waiting for him to come down and then she followed him off to parts unknown,
He ain't ever going to get laid, like this! LOL
sad/funny part, is she seems about as dumb as he is, the two are rather short bus special, when it comes to bears, gave me a lot of laughs this morning that;'s for sure!

I guess sooner or later he will figure things out, and maybe be looking back at his actions today and kicking himself in the butt for how he handled things ., HAHA!

as typically, the females MAKE the males work for it, playing hard to get for weeks at a time, and the males typically don;'t eat or sleep much, JUST waiting and following them every where.
as a comical side, over the yrs, many times, I have had FEMALE bears seeking refuge on my deck to get away from pestering Males, never seen the other way till today , 40 yrs of being about bears and a first today LOL
Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #558 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 PM

Liked: 1803 times
Garage
I agree with jeep, .... Sure do enjoy this thread... I could use so,e help with this little fella .... I was out spraying weed killer, and .. and TREATING mole tunnels haha!

Anyways... Saw this little fella above my front door. I've never seen a bird like this?? Anyone have any idea what, breed he could be ? Maybe a water fowl Of some sort ?? He's about the size of a full grown pigeon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	860.0 KB
ID:	137336  
post #559 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
I agree with jeep, .... Sure do enjoy this thread... I could use so,e help with this little fella .... I was out spraying weed killer, and .. and TREATING mole tunnels haha!

Anyways... Saw this little fella above my front door. I've never seen a bird like this?? Anyone have any idea what, breed he could be ? Maybe a water fowl Of some sort ?? He's about the size of a full grown pigeon.
not sure what type of bird that is, but its not a waterfowl species, or it would have web'd feet and it looks like it doesn't!

if you really want to know, email your local game warden the pic, I am sure they can ID it for you!

never seen one like that here, so cannot say for sure!
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #560 of 597 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

super busy bear day here today, mating season is in full swing as of a couple hours ago
have had a large 500 lb ish male, dogging a 200 lb female all over my yard, neighbors yards and woods behind my house for the past 3+ hours.
she's playing hard to get, and he's just non stop walking her down, HOPING she stands still for a mount LOL

love is in the air here tonight in the bears world here!
Jeepwm69 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode