just some pic - Page 41 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

602Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #401 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 1980 times
a couple more bear pic's, mom and cub and then a female and a male(mating season, he's tracking her 24/7 hoping for a pay out! LOL

just figure many here never see bears or cubs much, so just posting to share what I see all the time!,
this yr so far I have had a bear or 3 in my yard every day since about late Feb
very active bear yr here, and again never any issue's, which I am even happier about!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	138.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	126170   Click image for larger version

Name:	139.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	126172   Click image for larger version

Name:	193.JPG
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	126174   Click image for larger version

Name:	194.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	126176   Click image for larger version

Name:	054.JPG
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	126178  

_Wilson_ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

and a few more pic's
its NOT just bears here, I have all sorts of critters all hrs of the day and night here
and if you notice, the mother bear is soaking wet and the cub is bone dry?
on hot humid days the larger bears here will lay i puddles, creeks lakes/ponds and what ever to stay cool and well the cubs for now are too small to get too hot and will stay up a tree while mom soaks in the water!
and if you ALSO notice in the two rabbit pic's there is a Grey fox behind the trailer, that they are looking at, I have NEVER seen a fox here catch a rabbit YET, always LOTS of rabbits here too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	325.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	126180   Click image for larger version

Name:	328.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	126182   Click image for larger version

Name:	348.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	693.9 KB
ID:	126184   Click image for larger version

Name:	358.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	848.7 KB
ID:	126186   Click image for larger version

Name:	361.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	854.2 KB
ID:	126188  

_Wilson_ likes this.
post #403 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 12:03 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC4ever View Post
Got trapped in the camp Friday night, till this beast finally left us alone!
that looks like a Rabbispaniel.. 1st half rabbit, 2nd cocker spaniel.

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #404 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Liked: 1697 times
Garage
Quote:
looks like mator plants in those buckets. bonnie mator plants, some kind of nursery place, sells to wally world an many places, should i even buy anymore, comes with leaf rot, or some kind of fungus that kills the leaf's
Yep @LedFTed 9 total, one pink girl 67 day n 6 park whoppers > improved < 65 day, n the 2 late ones are early girl 52 day. 9 plants ALL from ace, and the two late ones are bert r hybels inc , and the other 7 are bonnie plants. i won't get any plants of any kind at Wally World. Although , Dave DID get his from Wally World, HAHA!!! Mine are showing 11 tomatos, AND they are out growing his! , i reckon i have my grandfathers double green thumbs , lol....
LedFTed likes this.

Last edited by _Wilson_; 06-04-2018 at 01:46 PM.
post #405 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Quote:
looks like mator plants in those buckets. bonnie mator plants, some kind of nursery place, sells to wally world an many places, should i even buy anymore, comes with leaf rot, or some kind of fungus that kills the leaf's
Yep @LedFTed 9 total, one pink girl 67 day n 6 park whoppers > improved < 65 day, n the 2 late ones are early girl 52 day. 9 plants ALL from ace, and the two late ones are bert r hybels inc , and the other 7 are bonnie plants. i won't get any plants of any kind at Wally World. Although , Dave DID get his from Wally World, HAHA!!! Mine are showing 11 tomatos, AND they are out growing his! , i reckon i have my grandfathers double green thumbs , lol....
once your soil gets that leaf rot fungus, your screwed. got to put a black tarp over the soil for two years, an hope it gets killed off. nature gone wild..
.....My pop, would start in Feb., or close with seed,by the time the last frost happened, come May, had plants for the ground. E didnt have the light's used for growing plants they now have. i seen the newer growing lights, when they first came out, way much later. wernt for mators. ..
the full sun florescent lights work for growing, an for us that have SADS. summer deficient.
on an hvac job once, a costumer asked me if i were part native. i got this a lot. he had native blood. we got to chatting, an it turned out he had two green thumbs. just on both hands..just a thing. i want to talk to him more, but the job only last so long. i know he is a friend..cant talk while the Boss is around.
not the same....
Twas in one of my moments. best quite while im a bit ahead.

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have too though, ta match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-06-2018 at 09:52 PM.
post #406 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 04:52 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6534 times
Garage
Here is a bear story from La. . I been watching to see if they ever catch the guy that killed the two bears

https://www.nola.com/outdoors/index....uisiana_c.html

also this week they found a cat decapitated in a New Orleans neighborhood , the news jumped on animal cruelty , only to find out after it was analyzed that it was a coyote attack
post #407 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Here is a bear story from La. . I been watching to see if they ever catch the guy that killed the two bears

https://www.nola.com/outdoors/index....uisiana_c.html

also this week they found a cat decapitated in a New Orleans neighborhood , the news jumped on animal cruelty , only to find out after it was analyzed that it was a coyote attack
Fish that's a nice male bear there, odds are he followed his nose to food and well once in own , had no reason to leave with easy meals, LOL
I recall bear story many yrs ago, here
a guy and his kid went out drinking and driving about dirt roads and farm lands near there house,
and came across a bear, so they shot it, all drunk they were, they loaded it in there truck and then drove home parking truck in there garage(attached to there house)
well the stars were lined up that night, as the bear had a tracking collar on it, and the game dept was actually tracking it that night!(it was feeding regularly at a farmer field and farmer was complaining)
so they started to track bear and followed its signal to these clowns house, and garage!
then knocked on the door and asked them if they knew they had a bear in there garage?
they pleaded NO,
and deny ed any knowledge of a bear at all,
the state however refused to leave, and since the game dept here has absolute authority in law enforcement in our state, they proceeded to enter the garage, and then they found the dead bear in the back of there truck
the two idiots, were caught red handed
BUT the crazy part was, again this bear had a big a&& tracking collar on it, , that neither one said they noticed while loading the bear in the truck? too drunk to notice
they ended up with I think 5k fines each and lost hunting lic privileges for I think 5 yrs(which is always a joke IMO, as they already proved they hunt out of season with NO lic, so why would they stop now , in fact they were known to say, that saved them $$ from NOT having to buy one>? Idiots)

but that one always stuck with me, and a rare occasion where MY state game dept, was on the ball!, but was just dumb luck they were there that night!

as for the beheaded cat, when a coyote attacks a cat I gather they grab by the neck and shake it like mad to kill it, guess that one its head came off,(I've never seen that happen but anything can happen ) the odd part to me would be WHY did the coyote leave it behind?

I some times think the state says it was a animal over human kill, to just stop folks from going wacky with media!

just like when the state here darts a 400 lb bear that was 3 ft up a tree and it falls out onto the side walk, and they say, THE BEAR IS FINE< it didn't get hurt at all
BS IMO
but they don't want to get the public fired up and look like idiots either I guess?

and amazingly thing to me is, people seem to BUY that crap!
LOVE to seen anyone fall 30 ft from a tree onto cement and be OK! LOl
post #408 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
a guy I know hunted Texas A+M land , they told them don't shoot any deer with collars , which the collar had name tags and GPS locators , so he shoot a big one and found out he had a name ; Pedro > and they were on him quick , I don't know what he had to pay or if he even did , I know he can never go back
post #409 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:42 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I see foxes frequently , silver and red , they come out in the day and if you are not paying attention could think they were a small dog from a distance , they usually sit by the edge of the woods and wait for a mouse or my Pomeranian
post #410 of 560 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 10:58 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
They caught a bear killer , and mentioned the other two bear killer in the story

Alleged shooter’s handheld GPS leads to black bear citations

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode